IGNORED

One Team In Bristol. Lets Do It.

Redhyde

If my only concern in life was glory, I'd have supported Liverpool back in the 80s.

Fortunately, I fell in love with Bristol City for what they are, and never did our dismal ruts make me want switch allegiances or combine my club with anyone else.

We are now seeing that even without a glorious hostory, a billionaire owner OR a merger, we are able to create success.

I dare say there are people who have a vision of a Bristol United with a Russian owner, a catalogue of South American international stars...

...well that's not my dream.

Noone can take away your memories, but at the moment we have only one Bristol lad in the team. The managers son and a Brazilian keeper.

Why does it matter where they're from if they're not home grown lads? As long as they have the right attitude and passion.

Brazilian Basso vs Bristolish Phillips, no contest as to the guy i can relate to and the kind of person i want at the club.

Noone can take away your memories, but at the moment we have only one Bristol lad in the team. The managers son and a Brazilian keeper.

Why does it matter where they're from if they're not home grown lads? As long as they have the right attitude and passion.

Brazilian Basso vs Bristolish Phillips, no contest as to the guy i can relate to and the kind of person i want at the club.

That's not the subject of my response.

That's not the subject of my response.

I dare say there are people who have a vision of a Bristol United with a Russian owner, a catalogue of South American international stars...

...well that's not my dream.

Yes it is. It's the part of it that i felt needed addressing.

I agree with the rest RE glory hunting, except for sustained success I think we need one club in Bristol.

We'd gain the second franchise as a feeder club, and the extra fans. The council would have to get behind a single entity or risk offending the entire football population of the city (which would grow to be huge) and risk being voted out.

We'd still have the banter as we argue about who to select etc, in fact it's much more fun arguing with your own fans rather than others.

I just don't want to be selfish and deny our fellow citymen the chance to be part of the success.

Hang on a minute it is CITY who have worked hard to get this far why on earth should we let the Sags be part of our success. Tell me what they would bring to our team strikers who can't score, no midfield and a goalie who would not get into OUR side. No thank you mate there is only one team for me BRISTOL CITY. :disapointed2se:

Assuming that we're taking this seriously...

There's absolutely no point in a merger.

It would piss off half our hardcore and half their hardcore so we'd be no better off for fans.

They don't bring to the table any players or resources we'd want.

There's just nothing to gain from it at all.

Can you get refunds on failed lobotomies?.... or was Redhydes a DIY job performed free as part of a students rag-week at Aston Uni?...

Students rely too much on theories & in theory it's a reasonable suggestion - in practise in the real world however it just aint going to work, where theres a will theres a way - but theres NEVER going to be the will so stick yer theories up yer pythagoras & smoke 'em!

ps: next time you go fishing try catch a nice roach, a nice bream & a roach/bream hybrid -then look at 'em - the roach is fine, the bream is fine but although the hybrid is OK it just aint right is it? ... on a quiet Sunday afternoon you cant beat a spot of fishing though.

Yes it is. It's the part of it that i felt needed addressing.

I agree with the rest RE glory hunting, except for sustained success I think we need one club in Bristol.

Your ambitions can be met in this big city without a merger. We have a lethargic culture in the city generally, but with City's new-found success people might just start to take local sport more seriously.

Ideally, I'd like to see City become the first team to play in space, but then we'd have the influx of Martians into the domestic game which would just hinder the progress of local talent...

Let's merge the clubs.

If the whole city was one we could have a truly massive club to rival anything (with the right investment) anywhere in the country. While we remain divided there's still potential fans (4000 or so and their future families) we're missing out on their money and backing.

Let's get us into the Premiership.

Let's build a 40000 out of city stadium.

Use the current Rovers franchise as a way to develop the young players of the area and the new clubs even better academy.

Play in Red at home and Blue and White away.

And lets ALL have a successful club to support rather than just us city fans.

Let's all be one big happy family.

Let's face it, there isn't a rivalry any more so there's nothing to miss in that regard.

I just don't see why not?

merger......No.........however, Buy Rovers and use them as a feeder club, send the younger players there on loan to get first team experience, anyone not good enough to get into our first team squad, instead of just releasing them to someone like, Bath, Weston, Forest Green, Cheltenham etc and let then get a fee for them, move the players to Rovers team for a few seasons if they do well take them back or just sell them on to another club.

Rovers being in League 2 is ideally placed for kids to tough up and learn the game,

also we can let some of our older players move there when they are winding down their careers and they help gain coaching experience, as someone else said though, they don't have many fans these days so it is only a small minority who will be inconvienced

I look forward to seeing who will be the first person to "bite" on this one :rofl2br:

Are you as amazed as I am that this has produced so many replies? I read your reply and thought - "Yep - thats it - dead as a dodo as it should be" - and on and on it goes - amazing :fish:

Yes, lets merge us, the gas, yeovil, cheltenham, forrest green and Swindle and call the team...

BristYeovCheltForrSwindSOUTHWEST fc

Thats the funniest thing about this thread.Love it!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

By the way the guy who started this thread must be a saghead, the club was founded a long long time before 1982.

And the answer is no. Gobbers, orf with his royalist head fer chrissakes!

Can you get refunds on failed lobotomies?.... or was Redhydes a DIY job performed free as part of a students rag-week at Aston Uni?...

Students rely too much on theories & in theory it's a reasonable suggestion - in practise in the real world however it just aint going to work, where theres a will theres a way - but theres NEVER going to be the will so stick yer theories up yer pythagoras & smoke 'em!

ps: next time you go fishing try catch a nice roach, a nice bream & a roach/bream hybrid -then look at 'em - the roach is fine, the bream is fine but although the hybrid is OK it just aint right is it? ... on a quiet Sunday afternoon you cant beat a spot of fishing though.

Ok i've put up with some carp on this forum. But this is the last stickleback. I AM NOT A ******* RAGGY and take no part in rag week.

I'm getting a degree to have a degree on my CV, i don't want to do it and i'm not learning much, but you don't get to the interview stage for many good jobs without one. I'm learning to jump through hoops to find more hoops to jump through. The one i'm on gives me a year in industry too so it's almost useful. But enough of my personal life.

As i've said, the banter and rivalry between the fans is dead, and i'd rather go to the football with ALL my Bristol mates (not like Robbored does though!) see Premiership football year after year in a great stadium and be proud of my club and city. I can't see that with city (esp the stadium bit and probably the premiership football) without a single club in the city.

Ok i've put up with some carp on this forum. But this is the last stickleback. I AM NOT A ******* RAGGY and take no part in rag week.

I'm getting a degree to have a degree on my CV, i don't want to do it and i'm not learning much, but you don't get to the interview stage for many good jobs without one. I'm learning to jump through hoops to find more hoops to jump through. The one i'm on gives me a year in industry too so it's almost useful. But enough of my personal life.

As i've said, the banter and rivalry between the fans is dead, and i'd rather go to the football with ALL my Bristol mates (not like Robbored does though!) see Premiership football year after year in a great stadium and be proud of my club and city. I can't see that with city (esp the stadium bit and probably the premiership football) without a single club in the city.

..well thats OK then, as long as you're happy with the results of your lobotomy I suppose thats all that matters, (personally I'd have asked for me money back..) :)

Let's merge the clubs.

If the whole city was one we could have a truly massive club to rival anything (with the right investment) anywhere in the country. While we remain divided there's still potential fans (4000 or so and their future families) we're missing out on their money and backing.

Use the current Rovers franchise as a way to develop the young players of the area and the new clubs even better academy.

Let's face it, there isn't a rivalry any more so there's nothing to miss in that regard.

NO F#@KIN WAY

Nothing good out of it 4 us.

Rovers and F.G. maybe and as a feeder club to us

..well thats OK then, as long as you're happy with the results of your lobotomy I suppose thats all that matters, (personally I'd have asked for me money back..) :)

I'm neither happy or not any more :noexpression:

They're averaging just under 8000 in league two at the mk dons now. Whoever said franchise football wouldn't work was wrong. It would piss the people off originally, once we got past the ideas of a Bristol City tribe and made the Bristol tribe it would be back to normal and people would come back. Just like they have at MK dons, and just like they have at the new Welsh rugby clubs.

Once we start doing well, it doesn't matter who we is, people will come to see for themselves.. Off for last orders now. TTFN

Let's merge the clubs.

We will get to the premiership without the gas thank you very much, i can't believe you even considered it. shocking behaviour. :disapointed2se:

You must be a gashead in disguise because they are the only people that would like us to merge.

1.I'm neither happy or not any more :noexpression:

They're averaging just under 8000 in league two at the mk dons now. Whoever said franchise football wouldn't work was wrong. It would piss the people off originally, once we got past the ideas of a Bristol City tribe and made the Bristol tribe it would be back to normal and people would come back. Just like they have at MK dons, and just like they have at the new Welsh rugby clubs.

2. Once we start doing well, it doesn't matter who we is, people will come to see for themselves.. Off for last orders now. TTFN

1. ..that'll be the lobotomy - it must be difficult, when you're in two-minds all the time.

2. ..as long as we is Bristol City innit.. :)

Archived