IGNORED

Praise From A Pro

mr belgos

Talksport this morning Phil Parkinson Charlton's no2 was chatting with Alan Brazil and AB mentioned BCFC and when the bubble will burst and Phil replied very quickly it wont a top 6 team all season and is relishing tomorrow's game as it will be a good yardstick for Charlton praise indeed!!

Talksport this morning Phil Parkinson Charlton's no2 was chatting with Alan Brazil and AB mentioned BCFC and when the bubble will burst and Phil replied very quickly it wont a top 6 team all season and is relishing tomorrow's game as it will be a good yardstick for Charlton praise indeed!!

If a club like Charlton Athletic are using a game against Bristol City as a benchmark for their season in November then we are seriously making headwaves in this league! And long may it continue!

If a club like Charlton Athletic are using a game against Bristol City as a benchmark for their season in November then we are seriously making headwaves in this league! And long may it continue!

Hey Giles, I hear a Wolves ballboy has complained to BCFC at the abuse he received from a City fan with a goatee beard and "Giles 23" on the back of his shirt. Know anything about this?

Hey Giles, I hear a Wolves ballboy has complained to BCFC at the abuse he received from a City fan with a goatee beard and "Giles 23" on the back of his shirt. Know anything about this?

Or the Steward maybe, Aka. Johnny Vegas ;)

Alan Brazil is such a **** almost as bad as that ****hole from talksport. We seem very much a marmite team, pundits either love us or hate us. At least they are talking about us!

Johhny, give us a smile

Johnny, Johhny give us a smile

Didn't though did he the miserable bugger.

Infairness he didn't warrant the abuse he got, but the Ballboy was giving it large alot of the time, especially when they scored. I noticed he didn't sit by the h/w line second half..

Parkinson was indeed very respectfull about City but by and large most 'pundits' patronise us by refering to us a 'newly promoted team still on thier honeymoon' or with tones that indicate they are simply waiting for the City bubble to burst and then they'll smile smugly as we slip down the league. Other clubs have expressed surprise at losing to us with comments like 'we battered them' and 'it was our worst performance of the season' - hardly anyone giving the City team any credit.

But... as every game goes by without City losing those pundits are ever so slowly begining to notice that we are still in second spot and their tone is changing to a more respectful one.

After 14 games City the meanest defence in entire CCC.

We ARE a newly promoted side still on our honeymoon. If that honeymoon continues for 46 games I'll be delighted, but why are we expecting anyone outside the club to think otherwise?

I don't give a monkey's whether we get respect, in fact it's easier to get points without it so let's hope they continue to patronise us and show surprise at getting beaten.

We ARE a newly promoted side still on our honeymoon. If that honeymoon continues for 46 games I'll be delighted, but why are we expecting anyone outside the club to think otherwise?

I don't give a monkey's whether we get respect, in fact it's easier to get points without it so let's hope they continue to patronise us and show surprise at getting beaten.

A honeymoon period doesn't last 14 games imo. 6-8 at the most.Whats happened is that the results have proved to the players that it right that they should have faith in their own ablity to hold their own in this league.Confidence is deservedly high right now.

I would expect people from outside our club to at least be taking notice that City are still up there and deservedly so.The team has been playing some great stuff and defending brilliantly.City deserve some credit or respect - call it what you will.I would for one would like to see some coming our way.

Why? How will it help us?

Credit where credit is due thats why.

Its not a question of how it will help us - its more to with recieving plaudits when they are due. Everyone talks in glowing terms about the way Arsenal play and pay them due respect.Watford ****ill saturday) were getting lots of praise as were the Baggies because they play some good football.City barely get a mention despite having lost only once in 14 games.

It ain't fair....... :crying:

Its not a question of how it will help us - its more to with recieving plaudits when they are due. Everyone talks in glowing terms about the way Arsenal play and pay them due respect.Watford ****ill saturday) were getting lots of praise as were the Baggies because they play some good football.City barely get a mention despite having lost only once in 14 games.

There's a scene in a film I'm reminded of - from the Devil's Advocate, goes like this:

There's this beautiful girl, just ###### me six ways from Sunday...

...we're done, she's walking to the bathroom, trying to walk...

...she turns...

...she looks...

...it's me.

Not the Trojan army that just ###### her.

Little old me.

She gets this look on her face like:

"How the hell did that happen?"

I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin.

They don't see me coming.

I'm quite happy for the rest of the Championship to not see us coming. Bugger the plaudits - the rewards are the important bit :)

There's a scene in a film I'm reminded of - from the Devil's Advocate, goes like this:

There's this beautiful girl, just ###### me six ways from Sunday...

...we're done, she's walking to the bathroom, trying to walk...

...she turns...

...she looks...

...it's me.

Not the Trojan army that just ###### her.

Little old me.

She gets this look on her face like:

"How the hell did that happen?"

I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin.

They don't see me coming.

I'm quite happy for the rest of the Championship to not see us coming. Bugger the plaudits - the rewards are the important bit :)

Who are the plaudits? Brighton?

absolutely right.

maybe not but long may it continue... we'll continue to defy the odds as far as those outside city are concerned and that is why; we remain under the radar.

A honeymoon period doesn't last 14 games imo. 6-8 at the most.Whats happened is that the results have proved to the players that it right that they should have faith in their own ablity to hold their own in this league.Confidence is deservedly high right now.

I would expect people from outside our club to at least be taking notice that City are still up there and deservedly so.The team has been playing some great stuff and defending brilliantly.City deserve some credit or respect - call it what you will.I would for one would like to see some coming our way.

Its annoying isn't it...However as the man said, points gathering is far easier when teams don't see you coming and give you no respect.

Our side need respect and credit from US the supporters far more than Alan Brazil or anyone else...

Its what we as supporters think that really counts so just smile, suck it up and keep getting behind the players :Believe:

I can't help but say..... factor 1 Johnson the elder ...... right attitude, right players, right fitness level to match if not better other teams in our new league.

If we can keep it up for the whole season then so much the better ........ I'm already prepared for our boys to lose a game or two but in honesty it is so nice to be where we are today and we have played most of the 'better sides ?' already

I have a work related colleague that supports WBA and I have heard so much talk from him ........ in that we have not really got settled into the league and about the final quater of the season... how it will test the men from the boys....

That said if we finish mid-table .. which we might not.... then that would be terrific for a first season back up

However I would like us to continue with our fine form and do so much better!

Archived