IGNORED

Referee

tropicalsurfer

too often the crowd get on a refs back when in truth he's having a fairly good game. But tonights ref was very, very poor.

The thing that irked me was the way he chatted all through the game to the Charlton players, really matey.

(reminded me of Poll Vs Boro )

This told when later in the game the Charlton players were pulling every trick in the book and the ref lost the game for about 10 minutes.

One example was when the podgy No7 stood in the way of a freekick, the ref went to talk to him and the 7 just walked off, leaving the ref looking

like the prize ###### he was.

No a very poor ref didn't help at all.

He was awful, his decisions were swayed by Pardew everytime! :disapointed2se:

The only thing the ref did correctly tonight was count the 3 minutes at the end of the game. Lets not use this (admittedly poor) refering display hide the fact that we didn't do enough to win today. My impression was that it was a bit flat today from the boys. Lets hope that we bounce back like we did against Sheffield United this weekend!

The thing that irked me was the way he chatted all through the game to the Charlton players, really matey.

(reminded me of Poll Vs Boro )

One example was when the podgy No7 stood in the way of a freekick, the ref went to talk to him and the 7 just walked off, leaving the ref looking

like the prize ###### he was.

you too eh? Andy reid is the name and he had the ref in his pocket all game chat chat chat , and then he blocks a quick free

kick and like you say walks off!!

He should have booked our defender when we brought down their attacker when he was clear on goal in the first half. Was to picky about where throw ins were taken from. Inconsistent in judging what should have been a booking and what isnt a booking (generally speaking he booked things that shouldnt have got booked and let things slide that deserved a booking). When our player gets booked for being throttled I expected him to go back and send off the charlton guy for the attack on our player. He gave a corner when Basso didnt touch the ball. Gave a freekick when the linesman was in a better position to see if a foul was committed (there wasnt) that led to the tussle in the box which was purely down to the freekick taker taking too long to deliver the ball. He called Nicky Weaver for hid Dido impersonations and then decide that Charlton were a bunch of cheats and started favouring us (for about 5 minutes) before reverting to his irrational decisions for both sides again - complete idiot - missed Careys or was it Fontaine's hand ball on the edge of our own box.

If he gets another match it will be far too soon. Give up Ref go and do something that you might have a flair for as Referring is not your forte

Anyone else think he had a very poor match today. I couldn't understand some of his decisions for the life of me!

Thoughts anyone?

I certainly remember the Charlton free kick in the first half where no way did the ball touch any City player and yet that Ref gave a corner to Charlton. A truely shocking decision. Plus the Charlton players were blatantly dropping to the ground for the very slightest of challenges. The rubbish midget of a referee gave just about every blasted one of these incidents as a free kick to Charlton.

That Charlton Athletic FC referee should be brought before a disciplinary panel and fined.

Archived