IGNORED

Supporters Must Do More!

old spot

I'm sorry, but for the first time in years we have a team that really deserves backing, and i don't believe we are doing enough!!!

I was in the EAST END against charlton so maybe i didn't hear the rest of the ground as well as i could, but i really do not believe that the people that watch our club back them in the way this current squad of players and staff deseve!!!

Over countless years i have watched overpaid lower league nobodys wear the red shirt, and i honestly believe we do not have any of those wasters in our squad at the moment!!!

But i do believe we could help those players that have given their all for our club over recent months if we just went that extra mile!!!

I know we are far better than most clubs, but that won't get us above where we are now. We have to go that bit more than others as we are only a tiny provincial city!!!

Let's give ourselves that edge and go forward, as we haven't had anything this good in 27 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I thought it was very good last night, is it just me?
There has been better this season TBH. As soon as I walked in the ground it just felt as though something wasn't quite right. For some reason it didn't feel like all the other home games we have had this season. Felt like a League One game but with a bigger crowd.

There has been better this season TBH. As soon as I walked in the ground it just felt as though something wasn't quite right. For some reason it didn't feel like all the other home games we have had this season. Felt like a League One game but with a bigger crowd.

We need a full East End for every home game, because the lads that are in there, week in and week out are superb, but can't do it all on their own. A full East End and the rest will follow.

We need a full East End for every home game, because the lads that are in there, week in and week out are superb, but can't do it all on their own. A full East End and the rest will follow.

Too true, the sooner certain factions of the club see that the better...

But you know, there more worried about getting prawn sarnie eaters in than people who can make or break a game. Maybe if we all shut up and sit nicely like the premier seating the club would be happy.. (well factions of the club anyway).

Well for the first time in a long time my throat is sore through a night of singing. Was suprised how tame it seemed last night.

The Gas Went up

But they're going straight back down

Cracking song!

The gas went up and there all a bunch of C***S was better IMO

The problem is there won't ever be a full east end if ever opened to home fans only, the demand is not there as the majority of fans prefer to sit in other parts of the ground. This was proven last season when the EE was opened to home fans with no more than 500 (I think) going in there.

I was in the East End last night and it's a different world altogether. Didn't stop singing all night apart from the odd moment of wandering around to talk to a few regulars.

It struck me once again that the acoustics of the stand are phenomenal when you're in it and undoubtedly outwards towards the pitch, but less audible if you're in other stands. I'd be surprised if any of the players or the charlton fans didn't feel that the atmosphere was very good last night.

I now understand why some of the East Enders don't believe the rest of the ground is joining in. You simply can't hear anyone else. I could see people standing in Dolman B and obviously singing, but couldn't hear it. All down to the acoustics.

Some great old retro East End songs last night and it feels like an away game support. Charlton fans very poor I'm afraid, hardly a song all night until they scored.

When it's a bit flat on the pitch, the fans need to make a difference. Gutted by the goal, although I had Charlton down as the stronger side last night.

The atmosphere at Ashton gate is dire, and is one of the key reasons why I'm an away fan only, the others being the high ticket prices and the fact i live in London.

Why would i want to go to Ashton gate, pay £28-£30 plus a two hour drive and petrol for a pretty rubbish atmosphere when i can pay £27 and go to coventry and sit with City supporters who sing there heart out.

There is always a better atmosphere at away grounds because at home we have rubbish stands and rubbish accustics.

The atmosphere at Ashton gate is dire, and is one of the key reasons why I'm an away fan only, the others being the high ticket prices and the fact i live in London.

Why would i want to go to Ashton gate, pay £28-£30 plus a two hour drive and petrol for a pretty rubbish atmosphere when i can pay £27 and go to coventry and sit with City supporters who sing there heart out.

There is always a better atmosphere at away grounds because at home we have rubbish stands and rubbish accustics.

Go in the East End then

I sat in the Williams last night and it was like a morgue apart from a few outbursts in the 2nd half when the game got abit heated. I don't normally sit there, but I took my old man last night and he wanted to go in there. Wont be siting there again thats for sure. The East End sounded good from where I was sat, once again they sang their hearts out, the Dolman wasnt too bad, A & B blocks looked lively, the Atyeo sounded ok as well - the red army chant went on for quite a while - shame we cant get the whole ground involved in that one.. We could all do alot better because the boys deserve it..

We need to turn the volume up abit if possible!!

The Charlton fans only really got going when they scored, I was abit disapointed with them, you would think they would be up for it after being in the premiership and wanting to go straight back up.. They need some geography lessons though. as they seemed to think Bristol was in Wales at one point..

the stand we were in at wolves had the worst acoustics ever , you put near 3000 city away supporters in the eastend you'd of been deaf for a week!!!

The problem is there won't ever be a full east end if ever opened to home fans only, the demand is not there as the majority of fans prefer to sit in other parts of the ground. This was proven last season when the EE was opened to home fans with no more than 500 (I think) going in there.

The stand does need to be full although on some occassions it was. Imagine a couple of hundred more in there. Solution is to make it easier to get in.

Young lads last night had to wait by the Dolman till the other stands sold out before a sign appeared that Wedlock tickets were on sale. :noexpression:

I'm sorry, but for the first time in years we have a team that really deserves backing, and i don't believe we are doing enough!!!

I was in the EAST END against charlton so maybe i didn't hear the rest of the ground as well as i could, but i really do not believe that the people that watch our club back them in the way this current squad of players and staff deseve!!!

Over countless years i have watched overpaid lower league nobodys wear the red shirt, and i honestly believe we do not have any of those wasters in our squad at the moment!!!

But i do believe we could help those players that have given their all for our club over recent months if we just went that extra mile!!!

I know we are far better than most clubs, but that won't get us above where we are now. We have to go that bit more than others as we are only a tiny provincial city!!!

Let's give ourselves that edge and go forward, as we haven't had anything this good in 27 years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too true.

City fans let themselves down last night.

It was like a return to some of the bad nights of the past only with an extra five thousand.

You thought wrong, :disapointed2se: were you not in for Rotherham then; :noexpression:

You thought wrong, :disapointed2se: were you not in for Rotherham then; :noexpression:

Yes for the simple fact the game was a sell out! don't get me wrong, I am all for our fans going in the east end and feel that the club have stiched us up by not selling tickets, but I don't believe that many fans would go in there (unless a sell out of course :D )

Archived