IGNORED

Don't Look Now, But Someone Is........

thatcham red

Middle finger? W##ker hand movements? 'Come and join us over here'

Spot on made, thats not just incitement in a footy ground but also a public order offence which is rightly why those idiots got arrested. The eastend was opened after a brilliant campain by some well respected people on this forum, they are ones who want to sit in the eastend and don't want to cause trouble and enjoy the math, a few others on the otherhand want to be twonks who are just looking for a fight before the match and after the match whilst goading the fans in the middle of the match.

I'm glad those fans got banned for life for enciting qpr fans, its fans like that that oftne create trouble and can cause serious fights where innocent people then get hurt, kick em out for life I say well done the Club and police.

Glad you know each individual case so well and are fully informed to arrive at such a rational conclussion.

With an attitude like yours, i sincerely hope your awarded a top position in the club, with a remit on how to create at a better atmosphere at football.

I look forward to your findings.

Glad you know each individual case so well and are fully informed to arrive at such a rational conclussion.

With an attitude like yours, i sincerely hope your awarded a top position in the club, with a remit on how to create at a better atmosphere at football.

I look forward to your findings

You tell me what happend then? or sorry you tell me what your mate down the pub told you about what happend..No, of course these people were not goading the fans, of course they were not trying to cause a fight, no of course they were probably not given enough warnings before they were removed.

The simple message has been set out by this club..If you cause trouble at our matches for what ever reason you will be banned, if not for a long time but for life, and you know what fiar play to the club on this one, more and more families and good supporters are now coming to watch city at home every game and what makes them not come back, idiots who use the F word 100 times in the match, idiots who think they are hard by trying to goad the away fans, idiots who get about 5 warnings by stewards just to calm down a bit then think its great to showoff and try and make the stewards life ell for the rest of the match.

You tell me what happend then? or sorry you tell me what your mate down the pub told you about what happend..No, of course these people were not goading the fans, of course they were not trying to cause a fight, no of course they were probably not given enough warnings before they were removed.

The simple message has been set out by this club..If you cause trouble at our matches for what ever reason you will be banned, if not for a long time but for life, and you know what fiar play to the club on this one, more and more families and good supporters are now coming to watch city at home every game and what makes them not come back, idiots who use the F word 100 times in the match, idiots who think they are hard by trying to goad the away fans, idiots who get about 5 warnings by stewards just to calm down a bit then think its great to showoff and try and make the stewards life ell for the rest of the match.

Blimey, what part of the ground does all that go on in then? Sounds like a warzone.

Blimey, what part of the ground does all that go on in then? Sounds like a warzone.

Warzone my ARSE!

Obviously people who post on here are living by the evening post's assumption of things. And don't live in the real world.

I was arrested against Notts Forest last season after i complained after a Police dog decided to gnaw at my leg, then i was promptly told i was under arrest for verbal abuse. What a crock of s***.

Since then i have been convicted of the offence (theres a suprise) and banned for three years, all for nothing. Years of being a season ticket holder counts for nothing. Even my 6yr old cant go now as he has noone to take him.

So my advice is to steer clear of the law, who are a law onto themselves. They CAN and WILL do whatever they want and get away with it.

Warzone my ARSE!

Obviously people who post on here are living by the evening post's assumption of things. And don't live in the real world.

I was arrested against Notts Forest last season after i complained after a Police dog decided to gnaw at my leg, then i was promptly told i was under arrest for verbal abuse. What a crock of s***.

Since then i have been convicted of the offence (theres a suprise) and banned for three years, all for nothing. Years of being a season ticket holder counts for nothing. Even my 6yr old cant go now as he has noone to take him.

So my advice is to steer clear of the law, who are a law onto themselves. They CAN and WILL do whatever they want and get away with it.

That is awful, I feel for you I really do.

As a side issue I have had the most horrendous problems with my barking mad next door neighbours for a number of years, and the Police are next to useless, excusing them for being drunk and nutty or both. We as a family have had verbal and physical threats, gestures harassment and intimidation on a daily basis and things thrown at us.

From what I understand from this, if any of the above happened at a football match then it would have been dealt with? I'll try that on the Inspector then! :no:

There was no trouble in The EE V QPR. All there was was a bit of swearing and hand gestures which lets face it happens in every other stand at not just Ashton Gate but in every ground up and down the country. It's just the EE seems to get singled out for it all the time.

The police were very heavy handed against QPR and were warning people left right and centre for the stupidest things.

The people I saw arrested were arrested for swearing and gesturing it seemed. If this was the case then something like a suspended Ban would be more appropriate.

That is awful, I feel for you I really do.

As a side issue I have had the most horrendous problems with my barking mad next door neighbours for a number of years, and the Police are next to useless, excusing them for being drunk and nutty or both. We as a family have had verbal and physical threats, gestures harassment and intimidation on a daily basis and things thrown at us.

From what I understand from this, if any of the above happened at a football match then it would have been dealt with? I'll try that on the Inspector then! :no:

It seems the REAL issues that happen in peoples lives are of no concern to the Police.

I hope you have these issues resolved soon it must be REALLY annoying.

Warzone my ARSE!

if that happened couldn't you have taken witnesses who would back your claims up, to court with you? or taken photos of the wounds to your leg? i find it somewhat hard to believe that NO ONE was able to back up your claims? but sadly i have to agree with the general gist of your post, and to be fair on that day at forest they were nicking whoever they could for the horrific crime of being from bristol and i sympathise if you were genuinely innocent/

if that happened couldn't you have taken witnesses who would back your claims up, to court with you? or taken photos of the wounds to your leg? i find it somewhat hard to believe that NO ONE was able to back up your claims? but sadly i have to agree with the general gist of your post, and to be fair on that day at forest they were nicking whoever they could for the horrific crime of being from bristol and i sympathise if you were genuinely innocent/

To do that you need to

a) find someone who is prepared to give you details to act as a witness (several people since they will be giving evidence against the police)

b) hire a solicitor and put them in funds at your own personal expense since you will get no legal aid and be prepared to lose thousands

c) take several days off work and travel to Nottingham several times to appear in court for adjournments at your own expense

And the chances are that the court will simply take the word of the police leaving you massively out of pocket. So the answer really is no, you can't do any of that.

Some police officers (a minority) on football duty treat genuine fans like thugs and act as though they're above the law. We've all seen it and there's very little that can be done about it. It would be nice to see someone like Panorama do a programme on this with a few hidden cameras and mics.

It seems the REAL issues that happen in peoples lives are of no concern to the Police.

I hope you have these issues resolved soon it must be REALLY annoying.

Maybe they would be if the majority of Police resources were not having to be used to police idots at football matches

Just think how much of the Police resource is used up on a Saturday policing football matches throughout this country......not just at the games but in the towns & cities before kick off and after as well as transport centres like train stations etc

anyone want to make a guess?

and we all accept it because it has gone on for so long...and whats even more shocking is that we accept the additional cost it puts on our taxes.....we pay for the #### to be looked after

ZERO tollerance and lock them all up with real heavy fines - they will soon learn

Bottom line is YOU don't HAVE TO ABUSE THE OTHER TEAMS SUPPORTERS TO SUPPORT YOUR CLUB or enjoy a football match

Maybe they would be if the majority of Police resources were not having to be used to police idots at football matches

Just think how much of the Police resource is used up on a Saturday policing football matches throughout this country......not just at the games but in the towns & cities before kick off and after as well as transport centres like train stations etc

anyone want to make a guess?

and we all accept it because it has gone on for so long...and whats even more shocking is that we accept the additional cost it puts on our taxes.....we pay for the #### to be looked after

ZERO tollerance and lock them all up with real heavy fines - they will soon learn

Bottom line is YOU don't HAVE TO ABUSE THE OTHER TEAMS SUPPORTERS TO SUPPORT YOUR CLUB or enjoy a football match

They already have a zero tolerance.

I can accept that games need to be policed, but the fact is the police cause alot of problems through mismanaging situations or just through poor organisation.

the horrific crime of being from bristol

I also felt the force of the law for committing a similar crime at Wolves.

I was walking past the ground when a police woman asked where I was from to which I replied 'Bristol'.

She then walked up to me and told me I was going into the ground. I refused saying that I was off to the pub to meet some friends. Big mistake. I was then promptly pushed, then grappled by my arm and frog-marched behind the police lines outside the away end.

After a minute or two I managed to escape to the freedom of Asda to buy some tins but that freedom lasted about 10 minutes before the old bill turned up and started taking people's beers off them and emptying them onto the street.

The officer said it was an 'alcohol free zone' to which I replied 'in that case I'll have 4 cans of Stella'. :clapping:

No, you misunderstand my post. You are clearly the well informed poster on this and as such, you tell me what exactly happened.

I don't know all the facts and as such would never dream of embarrassing myself but lurching to such overzealous conclusions.

Interesting comment about CCTV. I've always assumed that there were cameras around the ground but, for the life of me, I can't recall seeing any notices telling me. :dunno:

I'm surprised they are allowed to film out at KFC since this isn't BCFC land???

Interesting comment about CCTV. I've always assumed that there were cameras around the ground but, for the life of me, I can't recall seeing any notices telling me. :dunno:

I'm surprised they are allowed to film out at KFC since this isn't BCFC land???

It says it in the ground regulations posted around the ground. In the past it also stated it on tickets, not sure if they still print the ground regs on tickets these days though.

Guest truecityfansam
I'm glad those fans got banned for life for enciting qpr fans, its fans like that that oftne create trouble and can cause serious fights where innocent people then get hurt, kick em out for life I say well done the Club and police.

So you are glad that some city fans are banned for life because they swear? I'm afraid you need to get realistic and wake up to the fact that everybody, just about everywhere is doing it! They even blaspheme on children's TV.

Strange how nobody seems to be arrested for it. Something very sinister going on here. Maybe its got something to do with 'Public Assembly' laws that were passed by the tories in the 80s?

The point I'm trying to make is that, how can anybody say that swearing at a football match can do more harm than people swearing on TV - think about it. We call it banter and after the match everyone goes home and more or less forgets about it. But the consequences when bad language is used on Tv/Media is far more damaging.

Hundreds of thousands of people in this country find swearing and lewd gestures on our Tvs/Media very upsetting even insulting, so why arent the police arresting the massed media?

Perhaps Ant & Dec should be arrested, (or deported - they're not English are they?), and all those imbeciles that are on Big Brother, Tricia etc...!

No too dificult for the police, the law which they don't enforce normally is Ok for Millions of others every night on TV. But not alright for three lads at a footie match?

THINK after the southampton game the police opened the back of the east end to let out both sets of fans at the same time WHY?

There is history of trouble between both sets of supporters in the recent past. Perhaps the officer in charge of that game should arrest himself for being an idiot and possibly causing public disorder. Which is the worse the swearing or the idiocy?

Perhaps the PC friendly chap, that made the above post is young and nieve, or perhaps he and the officer just mentioned, should be banned for life for being so stupid? discuss please

PS I know someone who farts a lot at football matches, surely we could all grass him up, and get the single digit IQ - sorry Old William, to arrest him for breaking some obscure pollution law and get him banned for life, after all its very offensive and could instigate a stampede . Or shouldn't I mention HEALTH & SAFETY.

Guest truecityfansam
I spent some time in the Police Control Box during the Stoke game and this is what I saw..........

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000400.shtml

Well good for you!

Perhaps we should all walk around with a yellow star stitched on our jackets so we can be more easily identified on our way to work.

All that wonderful equipment that we have all paid for over the years of supporting this club. No wonder its taken us so long to get to a decent level in the football league. I counted 12 police vans parked up outside the ground before that match and we are the people that pay for it. Was anybody arrested?

Keynsham High street has just as many cctv cameras and its mostly pensioners roaming the streets there.

If you ever get to go abroad you will find that this doesnt happen even inside footie grounds. People in many other countries wouldn't put up with it. I'm afraid this truly is an 'Orwelian state.' Too think my grandad fought the nazis so that we would have freedom of speech and ...

I think I'll get my EU passport ( British passport no longer legal) and emigrate - just pop back for city games. At least in Spain I can smoke and fart without fear of being banned for life, arrested or threatened with prison for not being PC. !!!

Archived