IGNORED

One Night In Ipswich

Gaffer

After the arduous trip to and from Norwich a few weeks ago, my pal and I have made the sensible decision to stay in Ipswich on Friday night and sample the local culture!

Has anyone stayed in Ipswich before? What is it like on a Friday night? Where do we go to sample Norfolks finest Cider??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Anyone else staying up there on Friday?

Thanks! Cider Army! :drunk2::city:

I stayed there overnight once but it was for a wedding. I did pop into the town briefly and I have to say I was less than impressed. It felt like a cheap(er) man's Blackpool. Can't help much beyond that I'm afraid although I think another poster (edson or Madger?) might have mentioned having had the joy of having to work there before.

I stayed there overnight once but it was for a wedding. I did pop into the town briefly and I have to say I was less than impressed. It felt like a cheap(er) man's Blackpool. Can't help much beyond that I'm afraid although I think another poster (edson or Madger?) might have mentioned having had the joy of having to work there before.

A cheaper man's Blackpool?? Surely there isn't such a thing! Cheers for the advice fella, as long as there's a bar on two i'm sure we'll be ok. Maybe i'll go drinking the the players hotel... :whistle:

We are staying over the saturday night! The Holiday inn not far from the ground! Never been there before!!

That place was mentioned in the 1979 Sex Maniac's Diary and featured on the Look East news programme. It was (then) the wife swapping capital of East Anglia.

I've stayed in Ipswich many times, but always at my Mum's or brother's house out in the suburbs.

• Admin

Wasn't me although I may have mentioned that half of my family are Ipswich season ticket holders.

I have broken the journey up though with a trip to south Essex to visit my parents.

Archived