IGNORED

Bon Jovi Stadium Plan On Os

EASTEND WURZEL

looks like she lives for another year !! :clapping:

But before everyone starts celebrating, if they won't open it properly (like they haven't this season) then we all get to look at an empty shed for at least another year and what is the point in that. What a waste of a year.

If, however they allow the home fans to use it then start getting the bunting up!

I doubt the seating plan for the gig means the EE will be standing longer.

Having landed an act that can get over £1m in ticket sales it makes sense to delay a month or two.

It would be nice to think they're going to surprise us with a new stadium plan but with our current council I find that somewhat unlikely.

It would be nice to think they're going to surprise us with a new stadium plan but with our current council I find that somewhat unlikely.

No it wouldn't! A new stadium is just about the only thing that might make me reconsider having a season ticket. I'd still follow the City but I think that a new stadium just wouldn't feel like home and make me much less inclined to put any time or effort into actually physically supporting the team.

No it wouldn't! A new stadium is just about the only thing that might make me reconsider having a season ticket. I'd still follow the City but I think that a new stadium just wouldn't feel like home and make me much less inclined to put any time or effort into actually physically supporting the team.

Well each to their own but frankly if we ever hope to play in the top flight for more than a boomerang season it's the only way forward.

Well each to their own but frankly if we ever hope to play in the top flight for more than a boomerang season it's the only way forward.

Unless the Stadium was built on the current site or in the Park opposite then I would be well put off. Lets face it nearly all new stadiums are built out of town in the middle of nowhere, I love where the Gate is situated with the Suspension Bridge/Hotwells & even Nelson Mandella House in the Background. Would you want to swap that fora view of a motorway & giant Car Park!!!

Unless the Stadium was built on the current site or in the Park opposite then I would be well put off. Lets face it nearly all new stadiums are built out of town in the middle of nowhere, I love where the Gate is situated with the Suspension Bridge/Hotwells & even Nelson Mandella House in the Background. Would you want to swap that fora view of a motorway & giant Car Park!!!

That's not true, infact policy has changed since the mid 90's when most of the out of town grounds suddenly popped up in that it is encouarged to build stadiums in a town, rather than on its outskirts.

I agree, I'd love a similar location.

I wonder if building on Ashton Park would be a goer if the deal was to turn the old stadium site into parkland to replace it?

It's closer to the main roads and there's more room - might stop the traffic from gridlocking quite as much and the residents from having their roads chocka with parked cars.

There's also that other land just off the portway that's going to be inside the ring road extension eventually, though I've no idea how suitable it is.

I agree, I'd love a similar location.

I wonder if building on Ashton Park would be a goer if the deal was to turn the old stadium site into parkland to replace it?

It's closer to the main roads and there's more room - might stop the traffic from gridlocking quite as much and the residents from having their roads chocka with parked cars.

There's also that other land just off the portway that's going to be inside the ring road extension eventually, though I've no idea how suitable it is.

The park would be ideal but with a local council like ours then we got as much chance of getting it built on the Downs!!!

The land next to David Lloyd would be ideal. Would spoil the view over the fields from the outdoor pool though :-)

We could even use the same pubs etc.. before the game.

I think that this may be a flood plain, but there was rumour of a link road being built from the A38 near Dundry to connect with the Long Ashton bypass and eventually on to the M5. So next to this would be ideal and it would still be more or less in Ashton.

Personally no but plenty of examples around the country suggest crowds increase with a new stadium. you may stop going but you will be replaced by 2 who will.

I think AG will be developed anyway.

Quick question.

When their are concerts at Ashton Gate why is the stage not up on the East End side of the pitch? Surely that would mean they could sell out the Atyeo (without the restricted views) and I'm guessing the Atyeo has a bigger capacity then the East End?

I think it's because the dressing rooms for the players / singers are under the Atyeo Stand so it makes more sense to have the stage closer to their facilities.

I think there is a BBC article which shows that new stadiums don't really bring in new people.

I doubt it. Pretty much every new stadium brings in bigger crowds the first couple of years. Success on the pitch is required to keep them.

The reasons a new stadium would be better for the success of the club than redeveloping are many:

- Far, far cheaper to do a new build than redevelop the existing site

- Don't have to spend 5 years playing on a building site

- Much better non matchday revenue

- Potentially better transport links and access

- The current site is very limited in terms of planning and maximum capacity

Basically getting to a 30k stadium on the current site will probably cost us as much as building a 40k one with better everything on a different site would. I think Lansdown has said as much before. The financial argument is hands down in favour of a new site.

For me it comes down to how close we could get to where we are now and how much we'd be prepared to have the new stadium deviate from the plastic bowl norm. I'd like us to have the finances to back the team properly but there are limits. I wouldn't have been in favour of avonmouth for example.

looks like she lives for another year !! :clapping:

First of a all I would like a wise decisions. One day I will hopefully see my brick in a stand. If not, celebrating thirty years as City fan in November and hopefully going for another fourty years, I hope my girls or grandchildren one day will see my brick visiting Ashton Gate. Once again, I would like a wise decision. One day or another.

Shit I'm going sentimental.

Cheers

Tommy

Quick question.

When their are concerts at Ashton Gate why is the stage not up on the East End side of the pitch? Surely that would mean they could sell out the Atyeo (without the restricted views) and I'm guessing the Atyeo has a bigger capacity then the East End?

The atyeo is smaller than the east end. But that is a good point, atyeo does have better facilities. But i think the stage is on the atyeo side because the changing facilities for the band are there.

I find it incredible that no E.E development will now not start till at the earliest until July 2008, a month before start of the next season, if then; as this concert is on June 24th. This would however explain the lack of news on its start date design etc.

Shouldnt be surprised to much I suppose as news on Brooker/Enochs injury/recovery is also thin on the ground and therefore also ripe for speculation. :disapointed2se:

For me the only way forward is to build a new stadium, Providing the location is right. Ashton Park would be ideal but it remains to be seen If Bristol City and BCC have the imagination to build there. Leaving Ashton Gate would be emotional but if we were to move just across the road 99% of fans' would support that. We could still use the same pubs, Could still leave home at the same time and could still park in the same places. It's a win win situation really.

Fratton Park?

Portsmouth have massively overspent on the basis of a new stadium plan that is about to get approval, they can't sustain that level of spend at all.

If that new stadium plan goes tits up, they will be dumped by most of their players and relegated pretty much overnight.

Having landed an act that can get over £1m in ticket sales it makes sense to delay a month or two.

I don't think that's the case. Bon Jovi's promoters will have hired AG for x amount. AG wont get any money from ticket sales.

although they will get a large chunk of the booking fees for selling tkts.

Also, some venues charge a large percentage of the cut of merchandise that's sold on their venue (Brixton Academy always used to charge 40%!!!)

I don't think that's the case. Bon Jovi's promoters will have hired AG for x amount. AG wont get any money from ticket sales.

although they will get a large chunk of the booking fees for selling tkts.

Also, some venues charge a large percentage of the cut of merchandise that's sold on their venue (Brixton Academy always used to charge 40%!!!)

From what ColinS has said in the past it's the other way around. We hire the band and pay them a fixed fee. The risk is all ours, if the tickets don't sell. It might be different for smaller indoor venues but I'd be amazed if Bon Jovi's management asked to come to Ashton Gate.

From what ColinS has said in the past it's the other way around. We hire the band and pay them a fixed fee. The risk is all ours, if the tickets don't sell. It might be different for smaller indoor venues but I'd be amazed if Bon Jovi's management asked to come to Ashton Gate.

Really? That's interesting. I didn't realise it was being actually put on by AG.

If that's the case, It's a whole different ballgame. I'd imagine Bon Jovi's fee is astranomical!

You're right about all the risk being on the venue/promoter. Also, it's common practice for bands to charge a fee + a large percentage of takings if the venue sells loads of tickets. Sometimes 80% of the takings after their fee has been reached.

I think you must be right because in the past when tickets are selling slowly or in the last week or two in the run up to the event they really try to push the sale of tickets by emails and on the Official site (Meatloaf and Ronan Keating spring to mind). If they had been given a fixed fee then surely they wouldn't be bothered either way if the concert was only half subscribed, rather than pushing for the full house.

I think you must be right because in the past when tickets are selling slowly or in the last week or two in the run up to the event they really try to push the sale of tickets by emails and on the Official site (Meatloaf and Ronan Keating spring to mind). If they had been given a fixed fee then surely they wouldn't be bothered either way if the concert was only half subscribed, rather than pushing for the full house.

That's true. I remember the BOGOF in the evening post for Meat Loaf tickets.

I hope BJ bring a better PA system than what Meat Loaf had!!

Archived