IGNORED

Bradley Orr

dezgimed

I didn't see the Ipswich game - did they continually cut in to put McAllister on his right foot?

For the record I think Bradley has played with great commitment and done well on occasion but I've seen him caught out several times this season and I think it's a weak spot in the team.

Exactly.

This isnt about the Ipswich game alone (where he could have headed the ball out for a corner/throw in before being challenged) but the season to date.

Its just an observation. If people want to stick their heads in the sand, fine.

On 5live Extra i believe the comments were;

Commentator 1; "Bristol City look tired, Jamie McAllister looks so tired he can hardly run"

Commentator 2; "If you would have asked me, I could have told you that after the first 5 minutes"

That was the long and short of what was said anyway, i was unable to make the game but from the highlights on itv and virgin media website it certainly looks like the red card is bringing some un-needed stick Brad's way

Are you people seriously dense, or do you read what you want to read for a laugh or to fill some void in your day?

Bradley has been personally at fault, mostly from lack of concentration for 5 goals in our last 6 games.

What that has to do with a red card or McCallister is anyones guess.

I am only commenting on this now as it has been a recurring trend, that should probably addressed as it can longer go unoticed.

Orr was caught out a couple of times in the Stoke game but City weren't punished (Carey was once as well though).

Orr is great for spirit and effort, but he is error prone (momentary lapses of concentration, perhaps) and always has been. His game keeps improving, but let's not lie to ourselves just because we like him.

And in each of those games who has been his winger? He didnt make mistakes when he had wilson in front of him, they had a good understanding and wilson tracked back very well. Sproule leaves his man and doesnt track the run far too often

That is a good point, sproule flatters to decieve a lot of the time, i know he scored a great goal against soton and can turn defence to attack very quickly, a'la murray 4 years ago...

But for large parts of games he's not very effective and does not give bradley much support... McIndoe seems to help McCallister much more

I thought Wilson started the season very well and was a bit surprised that he suddenly lost his starting place and then his squad place.

He's very likely to start at RB on saturday as orr is suspended but i think playing him on the right of midfield should be considered again, especially away from home ?

Can you not read?

He has been at fault, for whatever reason for goals against Norwich, Saints, Charlton and Ipswich (2).

Its not bitterness towards him, I think he's quality but its a fact.

He is just switching off too often and we're getting punished for it at this level.

I can read. I have had thirty hard years and will stick behind my team.

Are you people seriously dense, or do you read what you want to read for a laugh or to fill some void in your day?

Bradley has been personally at fault, mostly from lack of concentration for 5 goals in our last 6 games.

What that has to do with a red card or McCallister is anyones guess.

I am only commenting on this now as it has been a recurring trend, that should probably addressed as it can longer go unoticed.

Orr at fault for the Norwich goal - 100% agreed.

I'm sorry but McAllister was 100% responsible for the Southampton goal. he failed to make a simple clearance with his right foot, preferring a fancy flick with his left that went straight to their player who crossed it in for McAllister to plant the ball in the back of the net!!

I'm not sure why Orr was at fault for the Charlton goal either.

The second Ipswich goal was a bit unlucky rather than out and out blame, in my opinion of course. And the third arose from us over-committing, a sloppy ball from LJ giving possession away and the lad Haynes using his lightning pace. The main criticism I would have of Orr with hindsight is that he should have let Haynes score the bloody thing rather than get sent off which led to the ensuing carnage.

There are one or two comments on here claiming that Bradley "lacks ability". That is unbelievably harsh and unfair in my view. How can you be an integral part of a back four that, until Saturday, had one of the best records in the Championship and yet "lack ability"? That does not make sense to me and is over exaggeration. The fact that teams seem to try and attack us more down our left hand side would also suggest to me that Jamie McCallister is the player they believe they can "get at", possibly due to the fact that he often dives into a tackle, albeit Saturday was the first time he has been totally destroyed.

I can read. I have had thirty hard years and will stick behind my team.

Good for you, what team is that, Helsinborg?

Ive not indicated anywhere I'm not behind City, you just presume and make that up in your head.

Orr at fault for the Norwich goal - 100% agreed.

I'm sorry but McAllister was 100% responsible for the Southampton goal. he failed to make a simple clearance with his right foot, preferring a fancy flick with his left that went straight to their player who crossed it in for McAllister to plant the ball in the back of the net!!

Because Orr saw McAllister with the ball, and switched off, started bombing forward assuming an attack was on rather than offering support. If he'd stayed away he could have easily come forward and cleared/won the ball off the advancing player

I'm not sure why Orr was at fault for the Charlton goal either.

Exactly the same except he assumed we had possession and started jogging back rather than coming forward to win the loose ball. Byfield saw it, he went mental at Bradley

The second Ipswich goal was a bit unlucky rather than out and out blame, in my opinion of course.

Come on, he could have cleared it, but he dawlded like he did against Norwich, doesnt work at this level

And the third arose from us over-committing, a sloppy ball from LJ giving possession away and the lad Haynes using his lightning pace. The main criticism I would have of Orr with hindsight is that he should have let Haynes score the bloody thing rather than get sent off which led to the ensuing carnage.

Its not his fault he got left in the lurch, but foul him outside the box, 20 yards from goal, why wait till he's in the box and last man? Nobody can tell me Brad thought he was going to catch one of the quickest players in the league, they would have been watching him all week

There are one or two comments on here claiming that Bradley "lacks ability". That is unbelievably harsh and unfair in my view. How can you be an integral part of a back four that, until Saturday, had one of the best records in the Championship and yet "lack ability"? That does not make sense to me and is over exaggeration. The fact that teams seem to try and attack us more down our left hand side would also suggest to me that Jamie McCallister is the player they believe they can "get at", possibly due to the fact that he often dives into a tackle, albeit Saturday was the first time he has been totally destroyed.

I think he's done alright in games APART from the obvious, and critical errors that have punished us

Take it easy son I'm on your side. What I say is that the timing is not the best.

Cheers

Tommy

Its perfect timing though mate.

We've had a good hiding, and had some near escapes in games where we could have quite easily gone a few goals down.

Some of these goals could be so easily avoided if Brad just keeps his head on for the full 90 minutes.

The best fullbacks in the world get turned over on occasions, if they are not protected by the people in front of them, too many times our defense have been wrong footed by misplaced passes in midfield,the fact we had one of the best records in the division whilst carrying a winger and central midfielder that my grandmother could dribble past ( and she's been dead over 20 years) is proof of the good job they were doing. Everyone makes mistakes but as defenders they get punished ,perhaps if our forwards were producing the goods and holding the ball up a little better we wouldn't need to rely on the back four so much. We know the players read this so to them I say, keep working hard lads most of us appreciate your efforts.

The second Ipswich goal - Yes maybe Orr should have headed a strange spinning bouncing ball. He didn't he kicked the player. There was still a great deal of defending to do. Orr had hurt his foot. Fontaine was the next man and could clearly see this and yet was caught in no mans land rather than closing down the winger. This allowed the winger time and space to pick out a superb cross. The header was superb but McAllister was caught on the wrong side heading at thin air. So to say this is Orrs fault is completely wrong. It was a team effort, or lack of it.

At this level your mistakes will be punished, much as we have punished the mistakes of others. Opponents are far quicker to the ball and there will be times when they win it in awkward places. But the entire defence have a responsibility to cover for each others mistakes. To single out Orr is wrong. As I have said, Ipswich fans on the way out of the ground and on the train said that the sending off was unfortunate as Orr had looked our best player. You don't say that of the opposition unless you have seen something in them.

I think ipswich did their homework on us very well and saw that bradley likes to watch the bal out and invariably switches off before it's gone, also that mcallister won't even hoof the ball with his right foot, I do think Orr won't be replaced like he was last year after his sending off, however the competition for places after it led to an amazing teamspirit which rocketed city into high gear, what did keogh say/do to burn bridges? I'm oblivious to this story. The strength in our defence so far has been with a very left footed left back moving forward and our LCB (fontaine) filling in where necessary because he can play at LB and the same with Orr and Carey, Fontaine has definately raised his game this year and bradley orr's struggles are something GJ will look at and coaches will now fill in the cracks that were there before but didn't cause major problems these being

-fancy play in midfield loosing the ball

-outrageous passes

-JM and LT playing the entire game with one foot

-Tracking back

one more thing, an ipswich fan sat in line roughly with the tackle said that bradley looked to have got the ball and the fans around him moaned because they thought their player had dived. and mates having seen the championship said we got hit by 6 counter-attacks. Coming back is an issue and perhaps introducing keogh at the back would leave wilson the chance to do what he did excellently on saturday and command the right hand side. Yes ipswich and city were nackard but for 6-0 down he tried so hard, a clearance offline showed that.

Archived