IGNORED

Bradley Orr

dezgimed

Brads season so far has been very good. Not the least his offensive play.

It's time to stick together - not to find scapegoats for one single result.

Can you not read?

He has been at fault, for whatever reason for goals against Norwich, Saints, Charlton and Ipswich (2).

Its not bitterness towards him, I think he's quality but its a fact.

He is just switching off too often and we're getting punished for it at this level.

Can you not read?

He has been at fault, for whatever reason for goals against Norwich, Saints, Charlton and Ipswich (2).

Its not bitterness towards him, I think he's quality but its a fact.

He is just switching off too often and we're getting punished for it at this level.

And in each of those games who has been his winger? He didnt make mistakes when he had wilson in front of him, they had a good understanding and wilson tracked back very well. Sproule leaves his man and doesnt track the run far too often

And in each of those games who has been his winger? He didnt make mistakes when he had wilson in front of him, they had a good understanding and wilson tracked back very well. Sproule leaves his man and doesnt track the run far too often

Thats true in general open play.

The specific examples I'm thinking off, especially in the home games is a case of the player in front of him having possession or winning it, Brad then switches off and starts to jog back to RB without knowing the player in front has then lost the ball leaving him backing off with a winger running at him.

A little more alertness would have prevented a few goals I'm sure.

Brads season so far has been very good. Not the least his offensive play.

It's time to stick together - not to find scapegoats for one single result.

Very Good?

Forget finding a scapegoat- Bradley Orr has looked our weakest man all season!

I love the man for commitment but he aint good enough,

-Defending as has been said in various posts.(average/poor)

-Going forward, he too often gives the ball away.(poor/very poor)

Can't see Keogh back in the side, so with Orr suspended, Carey possibly out, McCombe looking shellshocked and McAllister in search of form, my radical proposal would be to play with a back four of:

RB: Wilson

LB:Riberio

CB: Vasko

CB:Fontaine

pace, height,desire to prove their worth, and everything to play for.

1.Basso

2.Wilson

3.Riberio

5.Vasko

6.Fontaine

7.Sproule

4.Elliot

8.Skuse

11.McIndoe

9.Trundle

10.Showunmi.

Subs:Henderson, Noble,Johnson,McCombe,Jevons.

As you might have also therefore gathered, I'm not a fan of Byfield, imo, a player no better than those we already had.

I think Keogh did alright last season at right back.

But given what this level has to offer at left wingers I think he'd get slaughtered for pace and skill.

Good point actually.

I'm just not sure about Wilson at RB. I like the player, but just think his defensive quailties and strength might be an issue.

I still wouldn't mind a gamble on one of the younger lads, especially as they aren't actually that young so should be quite strong.

Sorry but someone that does not want to wear the shirt is not somebody I want in the team I like him but he as said has caused this himself.

Would rather Wilson anyway. Keogh is much better at CB.

Does not want to wear the shirt? Thats abit unfair as no one knows what went on during the summer.

But I've never seen Keogh give anything less then 100% on the pitch.

I find criticism of Orr for the 2nd Ipswich goal slightly bizarre. He was the closest defender to a strangely spinning ball which bounced and as he was about to hoof it clear an Ipswich player nipped in and Orr kicked him instead. The player got hold of the ball, took a bit of time to control it before crossing the ball where their defender rose unchallenged to plant a great header beyond Basso. McAlister was on the wrong side of that player trying to head thin air and was more at fault for the goal than Bradley Orr.

Orrs challenge (for the 2nd goal not the penalty itself) reminded me of Danny Coles challenge to concede the penalty against Brighton in the play-off final. As a defender there is not a lot you can do if you have set yourself to whack the ball clear and a player gets there a fraction quicker.

Just thought I'd offer an alternatve view.

People are watching a different game to me. I find it bizarre to blame Orr for a few of the goals mentioned above. The opinion I would respect a lot more is that of Jim Magilton and the Ipswich coaching staff who CLEARLY identified JAMIE MCALLISTER as our weakest defensive link given that they spent 90% of the game attacking down that side. I also find it bizarre that many people who like to have a dig at Bradley get on their very high horse if anyone dares have a similar pop at Lee Johnson who genuinely has been playing poorly this season.

People are watching a different game to me. I find it bizarre to blame Orr for a few of the goals mentioned above. The opinion I would respect a lot more is that of Jim Magilton and the Ipswich coaching staff who CLEARLY identified JAMIE MCALLISTER as our weakest defensive link given that they spent 90% of the game attacking down that side. I also find it bizarre that many people who like to have a dig at Bradley get on their very high horse if anyone dares have a similar pop at Lee Johnson who genuinely has been playing poorly this season.

I didn't see the Ipswich game - did they continually cut in to put McAllister on his right foot?

For the record I think Bradley has played with great commitment and done well on occasion but I've seen him caught out several times this season and I think it's a weak spot in the team.

Archived