IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Guest Eamer

A slightly better away record than Derby would indicate that perhaps he is not doing such a good job. At least Reading have managed to score away from home altough they have conceded as many as Derby but in less games.

Their away from would be worrying if it wasn't for their home form. They will be fine again this season, and it is very often a very difficult 2nd season. Sacking him would be extremely stupid.

He is doing an excellent job IMO- especially since Madjeski does not give him endless money like other chairmen. I think as long as Madjeski is at the helm, so will Coppell barring an almighty fall.

Much as I dislike Lita for being an arrogant little thugboy who thinks he's hard, Coppell is being a d###. Strikers have dry spells, Lita has scored throughout his career and certainly will again. If he wants him on form he needs to play him and give him confidence.

There's no chance he will be back here, he won't step down and GJ wouldn't want him even if he did because of his terrible attitude but as TomF says it's bad for us he's off form because a £5m move with our 25-30% sell on could be quite useful.

Judging from the highlights of a recent Reading match (Fulham I think) looks as though he could'nt score in a brothel at the moment, missed from 3 yards out, an air shot and fluffed a header.

Judging from the highlights of a recent Reading match (Fulham I think) looks as though he could'nt score in a brothel at the moment, missed from 3 yards out, an air shot and fluffed a header.

"at the moment" being the key words. He's done it in the past and he will again. It will just take longer without any confidence or time on the pitch.

"at the moment" being the key words. He's done it in the past and he will again. It will just take longer without any confidence or time on the pitch.

I would'nt want him back, remember this is somebody who left Wigan (after a match) under his own steam and managed to get arrested in Bristol before the rest of the team arrived back at Reading on the team bus. He is trouble and I suspect that his lack of goals is just the excuse Coppell needed to alert other clubs that he maybe available during the january window.

I would'nt want him back, remember this is somebody who left Wigan (after a match) under his own steam and managed to get arrested in Bristol before the rest of the team arrived back at Reading on the team bus. He is trouble and I suspect that his lack of goals is just the excuse Coppell needed to alert other clubs that he maybe available during the january window.

I agree, I wouldn't want him back either. But dropping him isn't going to get the nice fat price we all want Reading to get for him. Coppell should play him until he starts scoring and then do something to piss him off enough to ask for a move.

I agree, I wouldn't want him back either. But dropping him isn't going to get the nice fat price we all want Reading to get for him. Coppell should play him until he starts scoring and then do something to piss him off enough to ask for a move.

I agree about our sell on,but:-

2 points, 1)Coppell will probably want pick his best team to keep his job and save Reading from relegation (i'm sure getting a better price is the last thing on his mind) and 2)judging by the Rosenior debacle Reading will find a way of not paying us, perhaps another direct swap for a Fulham player.

I agree about our sell on,but:-

2 points, 1)Coppell will probably want pick his best team to keep his job and save Reading from relegation (i'm sure getting a better price is the last thing on his mind) and 2)judging by the Rosenior debacle Reading will find a way of not paying us, perhaps another direct swap for a Fulham player.

Reading aren't really in relegation danger and Coppell will need the money for incoming players but yeah points will still come first. The thing is, are their other strikers really much better options? Kitson isn't exactly prolific.

Coppell is probably one of the safest managers in the Prem in terms of his job, even if Reading went down, it's highly likely that he would keep his job, either way, I doubt that will happen, possibly the best English manager in the prem and if he was even slightly interested in it, would probably been England manager before long, but wisely it's a job he doesn't want.

Think Coppell possibly cocked up in not selling him in the summer, each season there is a new forward who has an AMAZING season for a struggling team but never replicates that form, players in the past such as Kevin Phillips, Michael Ricketts, Marcus Stewart, Andy Johnson. Personally, don't think Lita is even in that class christ he only got 7 league goals last season, he just had a good spell of form 2nd half of last season, unfortunately his ego exploded even bigger and he's listening too much to his own hype, always his biggest problem.

According to a few reading forums the Lita / City talk is complete noncence as a club in the premiership that are going to be fighting relegation and willbe able to offer lita more money for a loan move will be making an approach for him in the transfer window..

And thank the lord for that.

Why do you think that? Yes Lita is quick and scores goals but GJ has relentlessly kicked out the "social" players and beaten massive amounts of professionalism into this squad. Leroy Lita would be the complete opposite of what GJ looks for in a player attitude wise and he has shown quite clearly that he's not prepared to compromise on that.

Depending on who you believe on the "Hand Grenade" situation, allegedly Louis Carey didn't take too kindly to Johnson's bollocking of the team, and the manner in which it was done... along with Marcus Stewart and Steve Phillips. Those two left, and Carey remained and is now captain. As you say, bad attitude was removed but a second chance was given in some cases, otherwise Scott Brown would have been out of the door like a shot, as would Brooks!

great thread! I think it unlikely in the extreme, with wages being a HUGE stumbling block even if Leroy considered it, which I'm not convinced he would.Funny old game, last season he was being pushed forward by the media as a full England international, now he is alledgedly under threat of losing his place in the Reading squad.

Think he'll stay in the premiership and a couple of goals could change everything.

I know his history, but people can change. The young and immature do all sorts of silly things like Lita, but it doesn't mean it should follow him throughout the entirety of his career. If other Prem clubs would be willing to snap him up, you think GJ wouldn't if he was offered the chance to take him? If anyone could change the lads attitude, it would GJ.

But, as I said before, it's unlikely he will drop down with the potential he possesses. :innocent06:

I am sure Scotty would be the first to welcome him back! :noexpression:

Archived