IGNORED

Steve Brooker And Darren Byfield

Red Robin

For me LT has not cut the mustard,personally do not see that changing after 15 games,you either have it or you do not at this level.

LT is struggleing with championship standards the defences in here are twice and probably three times better than the 3rd divsion.

This brings me on to our forgotton striker SB,this guy can and would cause problems in this division.

Reasons being more brawn and speed than LT,YES LT has the fancy touches, but that does not bring him the goals to date.

SB on the other hand playing with DB could be a perfect partnership giving city that bit more spark up front.

All we can do is hope and prey SB comes back the player we lost,this most certainly would be like gaining a new striker on the books.GJ must be praying very hard every night hopeing SB can finally rid himself of the demons and long term injury blues.

• Admin
For me LT has not cut the mustard,personally do not see that changing after 15 games,you either have it or you do not at this level.

LT is struggleing with championship standards the defences in here are twice and probably three times better than the 3rd divsion.

This brings me on to our forgotton striker SB,this guy can and would cause problems in this division.

Reasons being more brawn and speed than LT,YES LT has the fancy touches, but that does not bring him the goals to date.

SB on the other hand playing with DB could be a perfect partnership giving city that bit more spark up front.

All we can do is hope and prey SB comes back the player we lost,this most certainly would be like gaining a new striker on the books.GJ must be praying very hard every night hopeing SB can finally rid himself of the demons and long term injury blues.

SarahB, stop hacking into other members accounts!!

Brooker's most profitable season came when he was paired up front with Leroy Lita. I don't think Byfield is as good as Lita, but it worked with a pacey frontman before, it may do so again.

I think Brooks would flop at this level!!! They are the same type of player, but LT has bags more skill.

Trundle may not be banging them in, but he works hard and holds the ball well.....

Enlighten me

Why do you think SB is not good enough for the championship,before his injury he was one of the players playing in the third division which many thought could cut it at the next level.

Brooks more speed,brawn,header of the ballgenarally far stronger player.

Trundle gifted with his skills,no pace and power gets blown over by a puff of wind.

Enlighten me

Why do you think SB is not good enough for the championship,before his injury he was one of the players playing in the third division which many thought could cut it at the next level.

Trundle gifted with his skills,no pace and power gets blown over by a puff of wind.

Just watching him over the years I don't think he would cut it!! Just my opinion, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

think we need to give Trundle and Byfield time together alongside a central midfield of Elliott and Noble, think alongside a player like Noble we will see the best in Trundle.

as for Brooker, we need players that can last 90mins, for that reason I'd be more tempted to give young plummer a chance after Enoch and Jevons rather than risk the ever injured journeyman that is steve brooker,

he did ok at league 1 level, but just to much of a lower league player for my liking, very much a player similar to past city forwards such as Nugent and Baird, works hard, but just not good enough for this level.

think we need to give Trundle and Byfield time together alongside a central midfield of Elliott and Noble, think alongside a player like Noble we will see the best in Trundle.

as for Brooker, we need players that can last 90mins, for that reason I'd be more tempted to give young plummer a chance after Enoch and Jevons rather than risk the ever injured journeyman that is steve brooker,

he did ok at league 1 level, but just to much of a lower league player for my liking, very much a player similar to past city forwards such as Nugent and Baird, works hard, but just not good enough for this level.

I agree that we need to give Trundle and Byfield longer together. I still have faith in Trunds that he will adapt to the Championship and prove the value of the investment made in him. However, I think that you're being unfair labelling Brooks as a "journeyman" and as for daring to put him in the same category as Nugent and Baird, I think that you are way off beam. Nugent was an honest but very limited striker with a poor goals per game ratio for City, as was Baird.

Brooker has an eye for goal which neither of the aforementioned had however he's been beset by injury as well as well as an off the field abhorration which saw him detained at Her Majesty's pleasure.

At his best, Brooker is a very potent striker who, I am sure, can translate his telent from Division One to trouble Championship defences. Personally, I would have preferred Brooker in my team over either Trundle or Byfield, back in the dark days of Division One. If they can be given the chance to make the step up a division then certainly Brooks deserves similar treatment. He just needs to regain full fitness and have some luck go his way. He'll also need more patience from supporters than you are evidencing.

How you can prefer Plummer over Brooker is beyond me. They are very different talents operating in entirely different roles. You're proposing raw, untried, unproven talent over a well-regarded, proven goal-scorer, albeit in lower leagues.

We all know that City supporters are not happy unless they have a scapegoat. I hope that, as he strives to return to full fitness and pick up the pace of the Championship, Brooks doesn't become the new "whipping boy".

Oh, and no I'm not SarahB in disguise!

Enlighten me

So was Trundle though, scored a lot more goals than Brooker ever did in the division below so how you can say one will be better than the other is mystifying.

Fact is that no-one knows how Brooker will do in the CCC.It maybe that its one division beyond his abilty but he could find the more open games to his liking and start finding the net.

Speculating about who he might partner up front is a waste of time untill we know whether a) He's still the tough handfull of a player that he was before his injury problems. b)He has the abilty to produce at CCC level.

Comparing Brooker to Nugent is sacriledge!!As for prefering Plummer to Brooker, that's like prefering McIndoe to Skuse, both midfielders, but thats where the common ground ends. I think Brooker and Trundle could work.Just don't rate Byfield, he loses possession too easily and drifts too wide, and his first touch is abysmal.A bizarre signing imo

Comparing Brooker to Nugent is sacriledge!!As for prefering Plummer to Brooker, that's like prefering McIndoe to Skuse, both midfielders, but thats where the common ground ends. I think Brooker and Trundle could work.Just don't rate Byfield, he loses possession too easily and drifts too wide, and his first touch is abysmal.A bizarre signing imo

Fair Shout,

I'll hold my hands up and apologise.

SORRY KEVIN, for comparing your to Sick Note Brooker

Yes i'm hopefull that we get the Brooks that we had 2 or 3 years ago, but with no proper preseason since that time i don't think we'll see the best of him untill he gets one, and his contract will have expired by then.

As for Trunds, well lets not write him off quite yet. How long did it take players like Benjani to settle with a step up in class ?

Fair Shout,

Brooker will be back, as this divisions defenders will soon see.

He has been and will be, a battler for this club.

Fair Shout,

Why does suffering a serious injury requring surgery on a number of occasions and taking your time to recover from it in line with medical advice make you a "sicknote"? Have you ever played or do you personally know anyone who has played football at any level and suffered a serious injury? I would guess that you haven't and don't. It seems to me that there is a small minority of people on here who actively want Brooker to fail because he's presumably upset them for some reason. Yet the same people are quick to go on the attack when anyone dares to even criticise a single pass made by the "Manager's Son" as they affectionately know him.

Archived