IGNORED

Not Much If Any Movements In Jan Window.

Robbored

Logical thinking by GJ again.. Not as if we need a pacey striker with ex premiership experience to help us really push for the playoffs whilst we have two fastest players in the league in Trundle and I am a stalker, please help me to help lead the frontline!

Come on Steve, surely you can spare at least 1million for a qaulity player!

Logical thinking by GJ again.. Not as if we need a pacey striker with ex premiership experience to help us really push for the playoffs whilst we have two fastest players in the league in Trundle and I am a stalker, please help me to help lead the frontline!

Come on Steve, surely you can spare at least 1million for a qaulity player!

Strange post. Is it supposed to be ironic? Trundle has no pace whatsoever, and I am a stalker, please help me will have no match fitness to speak of for some time yet.

So, the "logical thinking" by GJ is nothing of the sort? Or have I missed the point somewhere?

I guess we'll only know what, if any, additions we need to make to our squad in January when we're actually in January. Having said that, I'd be surprised, and a little disappointed, if we aren't looking to strengthen one or two areas by then.

I actually believe that how the team recover from Ipswich will make Gary's mind up in the transfer window.

Like he says,he's not going to buy just anybody,with regards quality signings they are going to be few and far between at this time of year,if a club came in for one of our better players would you want to see him go.

Remember guys we are now at the level we should be,we aren't ready yet for a tilt at the Premiership I will still be happy if I'm enjoying Championship football 2 years from now

Seems quite logical to me.

Lansdown and Johnson played it exactly the same in the summer, with lines about not spending any money being trotted out, then Johnson does an interview with the daily mail saying that he basically had to put the brakes on a bit as Lansdown was desperate to spend his money!

I think January is a long way off yet and both our manager and board are quite rightly keeping their cards close to their chest!

Judging by what GJ has said in the press previously about upcoming transfers that could mean anything from "We're selling 4 players and bringing none in" to "We've got 8 signings lined up". He never broadcasts his transfer market intentions.

I would think we'll see one or two in and out but no more.

Judging by what GJ has said in the press previously about upcoming transfers that could mean anything from "We're selling 4 players and bringing none in" to "We've got 8 signings lined up". He never broadcasts his transfer market intentions.

I would think we'll see one or two in and out but no more.

I'd agree with that. GJ has never really said anything about transfers prior to them either being complete or close to.

Think it's a bit of a slow news week tbh, specially considering the BBC have it as top news story!

I'd agree with that. GJ has never really said anything about transfers prior to them either being complete or close to.

Think it's a bit of a slow news week tbh, specially considering the BBC have it as top news story!

And then SB's injury comeback as the second one! Who says the media don't love us?

I pay absolutely no attention to GJ when he talks about transfers now. We'll get in as many that he wants that are available thanks to SL. Whether that's 0 or 10 we'll see at the end of January.

And then SB's injury comeback as the second one! Who says the media don't love us?

I pay absolutely no attention to GJ when he talks about transfers now. We'll get in as many that he wants that are available thanks to SL. Whether that's 0 or 10 we'll see at the end of January.

He's a mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, cloaked in a riddle, shrouded by lies when it comes to transfers; we'll most likely only know about them when they are smiling for the camera with a shirt in their hand.

So... to summarise this thread.

Most fans don't pay any attention to Johnson when he mentions anything at all about transfer or the lack of them as we've all become accustomed to him 'keeping his cards close to his chest' and not discussing the matter in public.

Question - why mention it to the press then? :dunno:

I think anyone with any experiance realises that words alone count for bugger all.

Football people are obliged to keep the fans 'informed' as we pay for their livelyhoods and thereby feel a right to be kept in touch, it's a fully conventional aspect of the industry.

Football people along with politicians are expert in speaking lots but saying nout, it's in their best interest to make it this way. Johnson being the cheeky little chappie that he is is well suited to it.

As it's currently topical and just to reassure people I will state; this is IMO.

Archived