IGNORED

Good News On A Grim Morning.

Cideriuplandlord

Over the last week on the radio on the tv between friends, the big question was "what would we choose, England to qualify for Euro 2008 or City to get promotion".

Well I chose City to get promoted as did the vast majority of us on here, and as England have been knocked out, this logically means that City will get promoted WHEEEY HEEEY!

Do I win £5.00

a manager can only work with what he's got - if that's a very average bunch of internationl players then he can't be expected to make any decent progress!

what made me particulary sick was seeing their false upset faces as they walked off - like they give a t@##! - a whole summer off trying to spend their seam busting pay packets had them laughing inside!

of all the "not interested" displays we've come accustomed to in recent years last nights has to rank near the top - they quite blatently don't care about the shirt!

time to promote the entire under 21 team?

a manager can only work with what he's got - if that's a very average bunch of internationl players then he can't be expected to make any decent progress!

what made me particulary sick was seeing their false upset faces as they walked off - like they give a t@##! - a whole summer off trying to spend their seam busting pay packets had them laughing inside!

of all the "not interested" displays we've come accustomed to in recent years last nights has to rank near the top - they quite blatently don't care about the shirt!

Couldn't agree more,the golden generation of English players has come to pass and what did we have to show for it,3 quarter finals.

As you say,time to start again,like the French did in the 90's before they won back-to-back tournaments,get in a quality coach that will develop the players to be technically gifted not a big mouth like Sam Allardyce who will play so much long ball that they will have to close the front 10 rows at Wembley because of the risk of neck injury.

We will need a Foreign coach for now,but we must look to train our own coaches for the future,Stuart Pearce has so much potential that if he is nurtured by the right man,could be a great Englang manager one day

It's clear that the new England Manager must have certain qualifications.

these are:

Good coaching skills

International Management experience - preferably with a European country

Recent domestic success

Good motivator

Excellent PR skills and Media awareness

and most of all -

he must be prepared (publicaly) to put his backside on the line

Can only be one man surely !!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CR

I agree with this there just as much to blame as him they were all average cant believe they play for big teams such as chelsea and liverpool

I'll get slated for this, but I do have a certain amount of sympathy for McLaren. He was working with a substandard squad most of the time.

You've only got to look at last night's line-up: Carson and Richards proved they were too inexperienced, Lescott, Bridge and Wright-Phillips aren't international quality, Campbell is too old, Cole and Gerrard disappointed AGAIN, and Lumpard was just plain rubbish - as always. We were missing nearly a whole team of players from that starting line-up. Robinson, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, etc. How can you play well when you continually have to make changes? The few matches he did get a chance to play the same side we kept winning 3-0!

Plus, Croatia were a pretty damn good side, and nobody seems to give them any credit for that.

However, at the end of the day, the manager wasn't good enough to get the best out of the average players we had. Maybe a Hiddink, Mourinho, Scolari, O'Neill or, ahem, Johnson will do. (Just kidding, there's no way they can have GJ! He's ours.)

I'll get slated for this, but I do have a certain amount of sympathy for McLaren. He was working with a substandard squad most of the time.

You've only got to look at last night's line-up: Carson and Richards proved they were too inexperienced, Lescott, Bridge and Wright-Phillips aren't international quality, Campbell is too old, Cole and Gerrard disappointed AGAIN, and Lumpard was just plain rubbish - as always. We were missing nearly a whole team of players from that starting line-up. Robinson, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, etc. How can you play well when you continually have to make changes? The few matches he did get a chance to play the same side we kept winning 3-0!

Plus, Croatia were a pretty damn good side, and nobody seems to give them any credit for that.

However, at the end of the day, the manager wasn't good enough to get the best out of the average players we had. Maybe a Hiddink, Mourinho, Scolari, O'Neill or, ahem, Johnson will do. (Just kidding, there's no way they can have GJ! He's ours.)

I too have some sympathy for McClaren.It was hardly his fault that of the 5 goals England conceded against Croatia 2 were down to school boy goalkeeping errors.

That said I was never a fan of the FA appointing Sven's succesor from within.McClaren had no club record to speak of and like many I would have prefered a higher profile appointment from abroad with a proven track record.Hopefully the FA will go that way this time around. I'd love to see Jose take over - what entertainment that would be.Second to him someone like Arsene Wenger.

Hmm, The Shirt should mean everything to a genuine sportsman, (but too many are motivated by money & greed rather than sport?) playing for & representing the nation should be regarded as an honour...

With so much money earned by players in the game frankly it (money) shouldnt matter to them when it comes to pulling on the National team shirt... (but it does - the greedy barstewards) -so I reckon when playing for the '3 lions badge' it should be for 'expenses' only, that way we can be sure that the squad really have England, pride, passion, & honour in their hearts...

The flash Harry, molly coddled, big car, big house, huge ego'd, even bigger wallet types can **** off if what they have already isnt enough for the little darlings - pulling on The Shirt (of the Nation)should make the heart pound, the hairs stick up on the back of the neck, should make a player feel a foot taller -if it doesnt then he's in the wrong job.

Call-up for International Duty in your chosen sport should :englandflag: :englandflag: :englandflag: be the pinnacle of any sportmans sporting ambitions.

Back to basics is the way to go, & if that means cheering on a group of slightly less 'talented' but genuine sportsmen from the lower leagues then so be it - I'd rather support a die for the cause, blood & guts player that I know is giving 100% (even if he aint 'technically' the 'best', if he's honest & playing for the right reasons then he'd deserve all the support he'd get) - unlike some of the 'superstar' Diva's :dance: that win/lose/draw are happily rubbing their hands as they bank huge bonuses regardless of performance/effort.

Like Rojo_Nube says -they've got a summer off to enjoy their (easy come, easy go) cash now - bless 'em all ;).

Err yeah, but as we've seen here at City, you need the right boss.

Were his tactics, team selections and dressing room charisma up to scratch?

You can blame the players, but he picked them, motivated them, and told them what to do.

Archived