IGNORED

Do We Really Hate Holloway?

Tim S

Just reading some quotes from Gary Johnson about the Leicester game tomorrow and he said that he doesnt want the players to be drawn into the fans war with Ian Holloway becuase they all hate him.

I was just thinking, I don't actually hate him - I almost have a grudging respect for him and its more friendly banter than it is hate.

Also, he was very complimentary to the City fans in his Leicester press conference, saying that he needs the Leicester City fans to be more like Bristol City fans and get behind the team, becuase that is a major part of out success this season. Not the sort of thing I would normally expect Holloway to come out with!!!

So tomorrow, at 3pm when he walks out - yes I will boo, yes I will join in at full voice when we all sing "Cheer up Holloway......" but at the end of the game, no matter what the result (us winning of course!) I will probably clap him off too (while still singing Cheer up Holloway!!).

Do the rest of you fans think the same? Or am I a minority?!?

I don't hate the bloke.I think he is one of the most honest men in football and a bloody good manager.

His only downfall is his affiliation with the gas.

Honest.

Just done a bunk for lucre but slated players at Argyle for lack of loyalty previously.

Been trying to get to Leicester for some time for the dosh. Now what did QPR put him on gardening duty for?

Honest.

Just done a bunk for lucre but slated players at Argyle for lack of loyalty previously.

Been trying to get to Leicester for some time for the dosh. Now what did QPR put him on gardening duty for?

He done all he could do at both qpr and plymouth.His hand were tied when it come to making decent signings.He is probably a bit outspoken which a lot of chairmen cannot handle.

He has now gone to a club with a bit more ambition than the other 2.

I have friends who support the gas. They would voice an exreme dislike for City and I similarly dislike them more than any other team. Yes I probably hate them and never want them to do anything other than lose. Does that mean I hate my friends and work collegues? Of course not. Do they hate me? I hope not. Do I Hate Holloway? No. Want the team he supports and the team he manages to lose? Yes with a bl00dy passion.

On a personal note I could only hate a person who could do harm to those I care for. Thatcher was the last person I could honestly say I hated.

He done all he could do at both qpr and plymouth.His hand were tied when it come to making decent signings.He is probably a bit outspoken which a lot of chairmen cannot handle.

He has now gone to a club with a bit more ambition than the other 2.

Plymouth are seventh and Leicester are?

The job at Argyle is hardly finished and he has shown great loyalty to the players there, the fans, the club and the first opportunity he is off.

This grudging respect thing for Hollowhead from some City fans is nonsense.

Any City fan with such a charitable view must be too young to have seen the derbies when Hollowhead did all he could to wind up City fans or has somehow failed to commit to memory all the many derogatory things he has said about us and our club.

He doesn't like us and despises Bristol City F.C. A tote ender who has never fully grown up.

It's incomprehensible how some find his inane prattle amusing.

He may have mellowed a bit with age but there is far too much history between Skeletor and Bristol City for him to ever deserve any respect from City fans. :nono:

Any City fan with such a charitable view must be too young to have seen the derbies when Hollowhead did all he could to wind up City fans or has somehow failed to commit to memory all the many derogatory things he has said about us and our club.

He doesn't like us and despises Bristol City F.C. A tote ender who has never fully grown up.

He may have mellowed a bit with age but there is far too much history between Skeletor and Bristol City for him to ever deserve any respect from City fans. :nono:

My vision of Holloway throughout the eighties is a man who abused refs constantly and opponents. Any fan who saw his behaviour in front of the enclosure on derby day knows he happily gave out the verbals to City fans as well.

Totally agree with that.

Spot on Noggers. the man is a t@sser of the finest order. normally I laugh at the sags and ex managers, but him, I reserve a special loathing for. shown his true colours at Muff. bit shattering for them to lose him to chuffin Leicester Sh....

90's me thinks..

1-0 to City (Donawa?)

Nearly the last kick of the game, I could'nt watch as Holloway missed against Andy Leaning..

Deep Joy..

:winner_third_h4h:

God I remember that game. He went down the wing and all the sag heads were singing "You'll never beat the gas, you'll never.........." then stopped halfway through when Donowa scored. Holloway was kicking towards East End (where I was at the time), and when he missed it went pots.

God I remember that game. He went down the wing and all the sag heads were singing "You'll never beat the gas, you'll never.........." then stopped halfway through when Donowa scored. Holloway was kicking towards East End (where I was at the time), and when he missed it went pots.

After Donawa scored 3 sides of the Gate were singing "Irene, **** off Irene, Irene **** off...... The Gas are going down" in the loudest and most hostile rendition I've ever heard.

On Radio Bristol, so i was told when i got home, they reported that prolonged eruption from City fans as, "Just listen to the fantastic Rovers supporters - they've just lost to City and they're still singing their hearts out." :doh:

Great night and such was the emotion after years of not beating the gas that as I left the Enclosure City fans were actually dancing for joy in the car park. :noexpression: :dancing6:

Guest brfc1883

Some of the comments on here make me laugh. So you're telling me that if you had no support from your boss, and someone else came along, offered you DOUBLE your money for doing the SAME job, with MORE support you would honestly say 'no thanks'? B011ocks!!!

he hates the City and I hate him.

Does he? Obviously he's Rovers though and through but does he 'hate' City? I doubt it.

They all seem to think he's some sort of comedian on programmes like Soccer a.m.

I don't know about a comedian but the bloke does have bags of character and does make people smile, not a bad thing in my book. I think so many just get hung up on the Rovers link, if he was City he'd be a legend.

Does he? Obviously he's Rovers though and through but does he 'hate' City? I doubt it.

I don't know about a comedian but the bloke does have bags of character and does make people smile, not a bad thing in my book. I think so many just get hung up on the Rovers link, if he was City he'd be a legend.

I cant believe you have said something nice about an ex BRFC player :D:o

Some of the comments on here make me laugh. So you're telling me that if you had no support from your boss, and someone else came along, offered you DOUBLE your money for doing the SAME job, with MORE support you would honestly say 'no thanks'? B011ocks!!!

If Leicester came in for Johnson and Lansdown said "you are not talking to them" i would expect that would be the end of it not for Johnson to resign.

Holloway recently slagged off Plymouths players for a lack of loyalty but claimed to love Plymouth!!!!!!!

If he was City Jordan would have not let him behave or play in the manner he did.

Archived