IGNORED

City Not Beat Top Six Boys

andybythesea

don't get me wrong over the moon with 4th but people going on about us going up you need to beat teams like wba 1,1, wolves 1,1, charlton 0,1 and ipswich 0,6 i think top half will be great season :englandsmile4wf:

What you also have to consider is results like Watford 0 WBA 3, but then WBA 1 Sheff Weds 1, and then again WBA 4 Ipswich 0. Then there is Leicester 4 Watford 1 and Watford 1 Blackpool 1. Then you have Hull 3 Ipswich 1 or Charlton 0 QPR 1. Wolves have also lost to Hull and been thrashed by Ipswich. What I am trying to say is that the other teams that are currently top six could look at themselves and say the same things. Ipswich away from home have an abysmal record only Preston and Norwich are worse.

We currently have the 5th best record in the league against the current top half, we have played 8 of them, the majority teams around us in this table have played less games against top half sides only Wolves have played 10, losing 4 of them and winning just 3. Look at the stats in a bit more detail (a good place to start is here)

If we finish fifth as current comparative form against the top half suggests then it will have been our highest league position since we were relegated from the top division in 1980. I'd settle for that!

What you also have to consider is results like Watford 0 WBA 3, but then WBA 1 Sheff Weds 1, and then again WBA 4 Ipswich 0. Then there is Leicester 4 Watford 1 and Watford 1 Blackpool 1. Then you have Hull 3 Ipswich 1 or Charlton 0 QPR 1. Wolves have also lost to Hull and been thrashed by Ipswich. What I am trying to say is that the other teams that are currently top six could look at themselves and say the same things. Ipswich away from home have an abysmal record only Preston and Norwich are worse.

We currently have the 5th best record in the league against the current top half, we have played 8 of them, the majority teams around us in this table have played less games against top half sides only Wolves have played 10, losing 4 of them and winning just 3. Look at the stats in a bit more detail (a good place to start is here)

If we finish fifth as current comparative form against the top half suggests then it will have been our highest league position since we were relegated from the top division in 1980. I'd settle for that!

will be great to still be in top six after christmas looking forward to plymouth and cardiif games and of course wba boxing day

As indeed Jimmy Greaves's all time famous quote "It's a funny old game", everyone seems to be able to beat everybody else, it's down to the performances on the day...the Form Book?....out of the window methinks, unless you are top 5 Premiership, in which case money is NO object, they can buy success.

Not beating the top 6 boys? Weren't Coventry above us when we won 3-0?

I believe they were top of the league, at the time.

None of the current top 6 have been beaten by us, though. However, considering that that's only 3 teams we've played, and one of the results was a very creditable (for any team) 1-1 draw away at Wolves, this statistic can be easily misleading.

The crazy thing is we will still be top six come tomorrow night, even if we don't deserve to be!

Our form is seriously worrying now. Hull won today and only had a short away trip to Scunny. We have to go there on what is likely to be a cold, wet midweek night AND with them on decent form! Then the simple matter of Watford away! Now, I'm amongst the more optimistic of posters, but I struggle to see more than 1 or (at most ) 2 points till Ipswich at home (and at least the welsh scum kept up their crap away form).

It could be a long, hard winter.

Archived