IGNORED

Will Brooker Be The Saviour This Christmas?

shepton red

Will SB make the transition into the Championship?? Much as I hope so, I think his rehabiltation coinciding with our good run would have been better than coming into a side that is struggling........thoughts?

Dunno....We'll have to wait and see if he's good enough...I HOPE SO

Most players get their chance when a side is struggling as managers do not tend to change winning sides...Brooker wouldn't expect to replace strikers with a team thats bang in form...although I guess getting a run off the bench would have been easier...

However I'll ask you one...Will Jeavons and Murray be in the 16 for Tuesday?

Most players get their chance when a side is struggling as managers do not tend to change winning sides...Brooker wouldn't expect to replace strikers with a team thats bang in form...although I guess getting a run off the bench would have been easier...

I'll bet you any money you like Jevons wont be in the City 16 on tuesday.

Jevons has gone out on loan I think mate.

Murray surely to be back in the frame. why wasnt he on sub bench today? Bang on form is something I wont asscioate with trundle or byfield even though I think they are quality players, I'm not convinced they can work together??

Murray surely to be back in the frame. why wasnt he on sub bench today? Bang on form is something I wont asscioate with trundle or byfield even though I think they are quality players, I'm not convinced they can work together??

I agree there mate. It will be interesting to see how Brooker and Trunds work together if and when then get a chance.

Plain and simple... No, he's not good enough. Don't expect to see him being any better than he was before after his injury problems either.

so how bad was he before his injury?

he had 65 shots on target in 2005/06 helping city to stay up with his 16 goals.

Before that another 16 goals in 2004/05. Injuries are a nightmare and brooks was cursed with them last saeson. Who would you have up front who has such a physical presence? Trunds, byfiled, showunmi & jevo arnt great at holding the ball up. someone with this strength could feed a skillful player or a poacher.

You're right sir Huddersfield I beleive...

Lets hope he can show something while he's there. We desperately need some real competition for places up front

Jevons was our top scorer last season; for him not even to be given a chance seems strange, and shipped out even stranger.

A fit Brooker will rattle a few defenders and get goals at this level, cant really understand why some are writing both off; lets give them a trail at least; :dunno:

Jevons was our top scorer last season; for him not even to be given a chance seems strange, and shipped out even stranger.

A fit Brooker will rattle a few defenders and get goals at this level, cant really understand why some are writing both off; lets give them a trail at least; :dunno:

The Steve Brooker that you're referring to is the 2004/05 model, who took every game by the scruff of its neck and kicked it into the back of the opposition's net. He was fit then, but he 'ain't fit now.

The ballad of Steve Brooker is being to sound like the nursery rhyme 'Humpty Dumpty'.

All the King's horses

And all the King's men

Couldn't put Brooker together again

The Steve Brooker that you're referring to is the 2004/05 model, who took every game by the scruff of its neck and kicked it into the back of the opposition's net. He was fit then, but he 'ain't fit now.

The ballad of Steve Brooker is being to sound like the nursery rhyme 'Humpty Dumpty'.

All the King's horses

And all the King's men

Couldn't put Brooker together again

Aint fit... how do you know, same goes for Jevons who has been shipped out; both prev top scorers with this club, neither have even had a trail at this level; both seem to of been found not worthy though.

He can't be any worse than the current forward line!!! At least he works hard!! Also noone holds the ball up like Steve. I say either Steve/Trundle or Steve/Enoch could be the key to set us back on the right track. Trundle and Byfield have no understanding at all and we will not score goals with those two upfront.

Brooker is unproven in this league. Why didnt we get Andrews back hes out of favour at Coventry is fit again and did ok for us on loan last season?

Jevons did o.k for us last season....where is he now..top scorer in all.............whens his chance coming....

Johnson said every player would be given a chance when we got promoted. That obviously didnt include Jevons :disapointed2se:

Thats it then problem solved ; DEAR Garry how about giving our last seasons top scorers a chance for a few games???????? Enoch/Jevons; can they be any worse...........

Archived