subs

gk

mccoombe

johnson

byfield

sproule

ps would get back russell from his loan

and play him in the starting 11 along side elliott

Well a nice long, midweek trip oop North. Not sure What GJ was thinking when putting CS at right back....

My team would be

Basso

Wilson(Orr still out?) Carey Fontaine Mac

Sproule Noble Elliot Mcindoe

Trundle Byfield

We need to create a few more chances, and i think Noble could bring that. Looked unbalanced on the both right and left flanks, so welcome back JM with open arms. I think yesterday showed we need a decent left back for cover, as fonts isn't the answer. Was poor there last season also. First 20 minutes are crucial, concede early, and heads will go down.

Not sure what Gary will do, as i don't think he is to sure what his best team at the moment. Can't blame him, the last three games have been poor.

Anyway heading north full of hope :colder:

Orr, McCombe, Carey and Fontaine and I would play Lee Johnson in field after a long good chat.

Having let in 8 goals in our last two games

my team for the hull game would be

**************Basso**********************

orr-----------carey--------fontain--------jimmy mac

wilson----------skuce-------elliott-----------------mcindoe

-----------------------noble----------------------------

-----------------------trundle---------------------------

subs

gk

mccoombe

johnson

byfield

sproule

ps would get back russell from his loan

and play him in the starting 11 along side elliott

Skuse has concussion from the weekend and will probably not even travel.

My team:

***************Basso********************

Wilson*****Carey*****Fontaine******McAllister

**********Elliott*****Noble*****************

Murray*****************************McIndoe

**************Trundle*********************

**************Byfield**********************

My team:

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Murray Elliott Noble McIndoe

Trundle Byfield

Subs:

Get Russell back from loan, Ivan, Weale, McCombe and Enoch

Many of you think Gary will play Fontaine and Carey in central defence. Doubt it very much. McCombe and Carey will play together with Fontaine at the left and McAllister left out after Ipswich. The reason is Dean Windass. In form and tall but 38. McCombe should handle him better than Fontaine.

Many of you think Gary will play Fontaine and Carey in central defence. Doubt it very much. McCombe and Carey will play together with Fontaine at the left and McAllister left out after Ipswich. The reason is Dean Windass. In form and tall but 38. McCombe should handle him better than Fontaine.

I doubt very much Jamie McCombe will play, after the few games he's had this season. Fontaine's been superb when up against bigger guys than Windyass, so I'm sure he'll be straight back in the team...

Fair comment about LJ, but lets be realistic, if this is a team prediction, then well, johnson will play!

However picking a favourite team would mean dropping little lee for me and many others i suspect!

:clapping: Ah, if only...

Get your point, but no, it was a hint to GJ, not a prediction! I know he'll still pick LJ.

Still think I could do a better job than the little Lee at the moment, even though I've got cracked ribs...

My prediction would be the return of Orr and McAllister, a move to 4-4-1-1, and Noble back instead of Trundle or Byfield (probably LT), then hit 'em on the counter.

Hmmm reminds me of Danny playing TT or Peacock all the time...... was it unwritten in the contract that they would play so many games regardless?

Skuse has concussion from the weekend and will probably not even travel.

My team:

***************Basso********************

Wilson*****Carey*****Fontaine******McAllister

**********Elliott*****Noble*****************

Murray*****************************McIndoe

**************Trundle*********************

**************Byfield**********************

That's not a bad line-up, although I'd be inclined to drop McAllister after his performance against Ipswich. The Horses first goal, came about because Mac backed so far off Jonathan Walters I thought he was playing in goal!

Do we have any combative midfielders to partner Marvin Elliott? While Skuse is injured I can still see Gary picking Lee alongside Elliott, with Noble in the hole and Byfield up front.

Hmmm reminds me of Danny playing TT or Peacock all the time...... was it unwritten in the contract that they would play so many games regardless?

Some people could suggest that it is written - in his birth certificate. However that would be a damned lie and a cruel thing to say, and I would never be one of those people...

:innocent06:

Just getting ready to head northwards for tonights footie feast .

my team for tonight would be ..

basso

orr, carey, fontaine, mcalaister

murray, noble, elliot, mcindoe

trundle

byfield ...

subs

henderson

vasko

sproule

wilson

enoch (as we have no other strikers left)

your views ????

:englandsmile4wf:

Just getting ready to head northwards for tonights footie feast . my team for tonight would be .. basso orr, carey, fontaine, mcalaister murray, noble, elliot, mcindoe trundle byfield ... subs henderson vasko sproule wilson enoch (as we have no other strikers left) your views ???? :englandsmile4wf:
If you think he will drop mini me from not just the team but from the bench, then i hope you are not driving as you must be drunk.

I would go 3-5-2

..BASSO....

............CAREY.........VASKO..........FONTS.......

MURREY/ORR............MCALLISTER

......JOHNSON......ELLIOT......NOBLE..........

............ENOCH.............BYFIELD..

I glanced at that first and thought "Oh no, not another daft suggestion of 3-5-2" but then I looked at it again and it actually looks like a well balanced side (Orr rather than Murray on the right hand side though). Or how about

Basso

Carey Vasko Fontaine

Orr Noble Elliott McIndoe McAllister

Showunmi Trundle

I think Enoch is almost certain to start tonight. I thought he looked quite sharp on Saturday in small bursts, and I'd forgotton how pacy he is. A few games under his belt and we might have a decent player again.

Basso

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McCallister

Sproule, Johnson, Elliott, McCindoe

Byfield, Trundle

personally

Correct.

Unless we can get Trundle and Noble playing together, this will be our first choice team.

I would partner Enoch and Trundle though, but then again, i don't manage City!

I glanced at that first and thought "Oh no, not another daft suggestion of 3-5-2" but then I looked at it again and it actually looks like a well balanced side (Orr rather than Murray on the right hand side though). Or how about

Basso

Carey Vasko Fontaine

Orr Noble Elliott McIndoe McAllister

Showunmi Trundle

I think Enoch is almost certain to start tonight. I thought he looked quite sharp on Saturday in small bursts, and I'd forgotton how pacy he is. A few games under his belt and we might have a decent player again.

Yep i agree with the midfield i was going to edit mine again to change mcindoe with johnson

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine Mcallister

Sproule Artus Elliott McIndoe

Noble

Byfield

Trundle

Murray

Vasko

Wilson

Henderson

And what should have happened Saturday was Fontaine should have stayed in the middle because thats where hes been superb all season, rather than put him in a position where he was often rubbish last. The reserve left back should have come in.

Elliott needs more help in midfield - throw Artus in, he wont give any less than weve been getting in that department.

Other than that, stick with the team thats done ok so far this season, with the exception of dropping the 2 players who in my opinion have been the weak links.

I'm wavering on whether to go up tonight, I can see another Ipswich if we don't strengthen the midfield.

Archived