IGNORED

Team For Hull

BCFC Grim

Well a nice long, midweek trip oop North. Not sure What GJ was thinking when putting CS at right back....

My team would be

Basso

Wilson(Orr still out?) Carey Fontaine Mac

Sproule Noble Elliot Mcindoe

Trundle Byfield

We need to create a few more chances, and i think Noble could bring that. Looked unbalanced on the both right and left flanks, so welcome back JM with open arms. I think yesterday showed we need a decent left back for cover, as fonts isn't the answer. Was poor there last season also. First 20 minutes are crucial, concede early, and heads will go down.

Not sure what Gary will do, as i don't think he is to sure what his best team at the moment. Can't blame him, the last three games have been poor.

Anyway heading north full of hope :colder:

Well a nice long, midweek trip oop North. Not sure What GJ was thinking when putting CS at right back....

My team would be

Basso

Trundle Byfield

We need to create a few more chances, and i think Noble could bring that. Looked unbalanced on the both right and left flanks, so welcome back JM with open arms. I think yesterday showed we need a decent left back for cover, as fonts isn't the answer. Was poor there last season also. First 20 minutes are crucial, concede early, and heads will go down.

Not sure what Gary will do, as i don't think he is to sure what his best team at the moment. Can't blame him, the last three games have been poor.

I would play McCombe against Windass. Not Fontaine.

I think Orr is available for Tuesday. If so:

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Wilson Elliot Noble McIndoe

Trundle Byfield

Subs:

Weale/Henderson

McCombe

Johnson

Sproule

Murray

I wish.

Our second best (if not best) right back is currently on loan at Carlisle. Keogh had a really good pre-season and has been frozen out for reasons Gary Johnson won't reveal.

Johnson says that he'll only look to bring in players in January if they are better than what we have in our current squad, and yet to chooses to ignore arguably our best right back !!

My team would be

Basso

Trundle Byfield

I would try

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McCallister

Wilson Noble Elliott McIndoe

Trundle Enoch

Henderson

Sproule

Byfield

Skuse (if fit) - Or Johnson

McCombe

If he's going to persist with his son in midfield then I think we need to play 4-5-2 and hope the officials are arithmetically challenged!

He He i was just about to corect your post before i read it properly. Did make me chuckle slightly...

Bring On the hull :city:

out of interest, people who are putting skuse and elliot together in the centre, where are the chances going to come from?

Lets get this straight. We ain't creating f00k all at the moment anyway. All we ask is that Elliott and Skuse play a simple ten yard pass in to either Noble or McIndoe when they get the ball in decent areas. It will then be up to those two to provide the creativity. That is something that seems to be beyond our current "creative" player who has lost form at the present time. At the same time we would also expect Elliott and Skuse to give us some solidity and to stick their foot in to a few tackles - something which has to be done away from home when you are playing on the back of three defeats. At the present time I would take a 0-0 on Tuesday and that isn't going to happen with the kind of selection we saw yesterday.

Lets get this straight. We ain't creating f00k all at the moment anyway. All we ask is that Elliott and Skuse play a simple ten yard pass in to either Noble or McIndoe when they get the ball in decent areas. It will then be up to those two to provide the creativity. That is something that seems to be beyond our current "creative" player who has lost form at the present time. At the same time we would also expect Elliott and Skuse to give us some solidity and to stick their foot in to a few tackles - something which has to be done away from home when you are playing on the back of three defeats. At the present time I would take a 0-0 on Tuesday and that isn't going to happen with the kind of selection we saw yesterday.

Steady, just a question!!

Basso

Orr Fointaine Carey McCallister

Ivan L Johnson Elliott McIndoe

Noble

Byfield

Sorry, for me Johnson has to be dropped. He's just not performing.

Also, I thought Skuse did alright at right-back. Not saying that he should keep his place instead of Orr, but that he may have a future there.

Basso

Sproule Noble Elliott McIndoe

Trundle Byfield

Subs:

Weale

McCombe (although he hasn't been terribly impressive recently either, and it's tempting to use Vasko or Keogh...)

Skuse

Murray

Showunmi

Basso, Skuse (if fit), Carey, Fontaine, McAllister, Sproule, Noble, Elliott, McIndoe, Byfield, Trundle

Subs: Weale, McCombe, Johnson, Murray, Showunmi

No complaints. That's our best team at the moment without a doubt. Although I'd be absolutely amazed if Lee Johnson wasn't in the first team as usual.

Also, I thought Skuse did alright at right-back. Not saying that he should keep his place instead of Orr, but that he may have a future there.

Basso

Trundle Byfield

Subs:

Weale

McCombe (although he hasn't been terribly impressive recently either, and it's tempting to use Vasko or Keogh...)

Skuse

Fair comment about LJ, but lets be realistic, if this is a team prediction, then well, johnson will play!

However picking a favourite team would mean dropping little lee for me and many others i suspect!

Basso

Trundle Byfield

Subs:

Weale

Skuse

Murray

Showunmi

Bang on mate, that would be my team

Fair comment about LJ, but lets be realistic, if this is a team prediction, then well, johnson will play!

However picking a favourite team would mean dropping little lee for me and many others i suspect!

:clapping: Ah, if only...

Get your point, but no, it was a hint to GJ, not a prediction! I know he'll still pick LJ.

Still think I could do a better job than the little Lee at the moment, even though I've got cracked ribs...

My prediction would be the return of Orr and McAllister, a move to 4-4-1-1, and Noble back instead of Trundle or Byfield (probably LT), then hit 'em on the counter.

Archived