IGNORED

Soft

greenun

Soft upfront and soft in midfield.

We can't play with two strikers and our creative midfielder could be blown over in a strong wind.

Leicester played ugly football, with thuggish defenders committing aerial assaults on our forwards. "Let them play it long; it's just meat and drink to us. Let's have some more heading practice, we can take it!"

No creativity, but you could drive a bus through our midield. We need two holding players there, Elliott and Skuse will do and bugger the fancy passing. Lets put some points on the board first and build from there. Play either Trundle or Byfield, but not both. Play Noble as an extra midfielder, but never as part of a 4-4-2.

Tell Sproule to beat his man at the byeline, cross with his right foot and learn the bloody basics. Drop him, until he can prove this in the reserves. Stick with Wilson on the right-flank.

Stick our best impact player back on the bench. What the hell has happened to Scott Murrray?

Stop being so bloody soft, or we'll do a Burnley.

Soft upfront and soft in midfield.

We can't play with two strikers and our creative midfielder could be blown over in a strong wind.

Leicester played ugly football, with thuggish defenders committing aerial assaults on our forwards. "Let them play it long; it's just meat and drink to us. Let's have some more heading practice, we can take it!"

No creativity, but you could drive a bus through our midield. We need two holding players there, Elliott and Skuse will do and bugger the fancy passing. Lets put some points on the board first and build from there. Play either Trundle or Byfield, but not both. Play Noble as an extra midfielder, but never as part of a 4-4-2.

Tell Sproule to beat his man at the byeline, cross with his right foot and learn the bloody basics. Drop him, until he can prove this in the reserves. Stick with Wilson on the right-flank.

Stick our best impact player back on the bench. What the hell has happened to Scott Murrray?

Stop being so bloody soft, or we'll do a Burnley.

Totally agree. Its also clear clubs have sat up and started doing their homework on how to stop us. The novelty factor has worn off and we need to grind out some draws get our stability back and stop shipping goals.

The attack looks powder puff at the moment and for a player of Trundles undoubted ability this is frustrating. Every game seems to follow a pattern of him getting an early chance, missing then fading away to be subbed at the 60 minute mark. Well this needs a shake up.

I would suggest putting Skuse with Elliott in the MF and breaking it up a bit, give Johnson a break because his fancy flicks and increasingly erratic distribution aren't what we need right now. This isn't Johnson bashing by a long chalk, he's a great player, but he is getting bounced off the play more and more and his passing is going astray. (his niggly nature isn't helping either, he was lucky to escape a yellow yesterday when he followed through quite unnecessarily)

use McCindoe and Sproule as attacking wingers pushing up to join the single attacker which is what they do best and possibly play Noble in an attacking MF role or to be more cautious possibly play a sweeper pushing up into defensive MF. (Vasko?)

McCoombe looks like he's out of his depth at this level, yes he headed well but he simply cannot pass the ball and every ball pumped forward is a gift to well equipped and able defenders. We don' t get the opportunity to reclaim possession so easily at this level so we need to be clever when we have it.

I think it flags a couple of points.

Firstly we now have quite a roster of average looking strikers, its clear someone will have to go before we get in a new face. I still clutch at the straw that is Stevie Brooker (I know, I know!)

In MF I would like us to look at some options, possibly a solid tackler/passer who sits more centrally. Elliott still looks the business, but he cannot hold it together single handed. Skuse needs to get back in there and play to his potential.

Curiously after many years I'm not worried about the flanks, but Wilson looked terrible at RB, so lets not do that again! Why wasn't Riberio on the bench yesterday? fontaine and Carey in the CB positions would have been a darn sight more stable.

Unless GJ has faith in Vasko stepping in, why is he here? if not then we do need another CB sadly boom boom isn't looking the part for me.

By no means am I too downhearted, christ on a bike! look where we are! but we need to draw breath and entrench for a while.

By no means am I too downhearted, christ on a bike! look where we are! but we need to draw breath and entrench for a while.

Exactly. If you look back at the Charlton match we'd have been better off settling for a deserved point before facing Ipswich at their fortress. When Ipswich went three goals up, we'd have been better off defending deep.

Yesterday the service to the strikers was poor, but they lacked the ability to affect the game themsleves. When we opted for the up-and-at-em we lacked a big, ugly striker to crash through the ramparts. A Steve Howard, or Chris Iwelumo type is needed right now. A man that can take the punches and the elbows. The kick and the shoves. A player that has a face that has chased a thousand cars, but couldn't give a monkeys about dirty centre-backs.

Archived