IGNORED

Trundle Transfer

crusader

If I was GJ I would put Trundle in the transfer window this January.

I'd quite happily let him go for £200,000

Yes lose £800,000 but get him off the wage bill.

Very early decision but his performances arent good enough to stay at Bristol City, plus no goals

What are your thoughts?

Very early decision but his performances arent good enough to stay at Bristol City, plus no goals

What are your thoughts?

Biggest load of rubbish Ive read for ages!! Thought he was one of the better players yesterday and Byfield should have been subbed.

What are your thoughts?

That buying a player for £1m and then selling him for £200k and having to pay up most of his contract 5 months later is a bloody stupid idea.

Trundle is a decent enough player and will score goals when we figure out how to pass the ball properly.

What are your thoughts?

Better than Jevons, Showumni and an injured Brooker IMO. Certainly the first two need to got rid off and strengthn from there. Getting rid of our 2nd best striker would be pretty stupid IMO.

Better than Jevons, Showumni and an injured Brooker IMO. Certainly the first two need to got rid off and strengthn from there. Getting rid of our 2nd best striker would be pretty stupid IMO.

Showumi i agree was poor last year but best shows were against the best teams, i believe he may come up trumps.

Half fit Brooker better than Trundle

Biggest load of rubbish Ive read for ages!! Thought he was one of the better players yesterday and Byfield should have been subbed.
Some people don't look at the performance of certain players. They just see that he hasn't scored or set up and goal so assume he had a bad game and is then made a scapegoat. Every game we have lost has been Trundles or Lee Johnson fault according to some on this forum.

I felt our chances of getting something disapeared when Trundle went off.

It is easy to point the finger a Trunds simply because of his price tag but how many times did we actually get in behind the Leicester defence yesterday.

I also can't understand why our wingers always come inside intead of getting to the by-line to provide crosses.

If we lost Trundle i'd be disapointed as my view is that I personally wouln't spen a million quid on something only to use it sparingly.

I felt our chances of getting something disapeared when Trundle went off.

It is easy to point the finger a Trunds simply because of his price tag but how many times did we actually get in behind the Leicester defence yesterday.

I also can't understand why our wingers always come inside intead of getting to the by-line to provide crosses.

If we lost Trundle i'd be disapointed as my view is that I personally wouln't spen a million quid on something only to use it sparingly.

'I also can't understand why our wingers always come inside intead of getting to the by-line to provide crosses.'

That one line sums up our wide play problem.

What a load of tripe, Trundle was one of the better(!) players saturday and in my opinion should have been left on and Byfield taken off. How long until Trundle will actually get 90 minutes in a game and the chance of scoring? Byfield appears favourite at the moment for some reason.

Showumi i agree was poor last year but best shows were against the best teams, i believe he may come up trumps.

Half fit Brooker better than Trundle

Mate, you have really come up with some garbage in this post thread havent you.

Trundle? ok, not been the dream start he would have hoped for, but lets look at this way. How many chances is he getting?????? he isnt!, and why is that?? because the service to the front two has been abysmal. The only time he gets the ball is when we "whoooooooosh" it from the back and try to use him as a target man. If he was missing chance after chance after chance, then thats a different story. You can have the best strikers ....but if you don't give them the ball, they wont score goals!

Half fit Brooker? a half fit Brooker done sod all in League One last season!! I love that every one seems to think we have this top, top striker in Stevie Brooks and that when he comes back, IF he comes back, it will all be sorted.....it wont. I still have my doubts whether he will cut it at this level anyway, time will tell I suppose

We do need another striker, I agree.....but we need to sort our midfield out to. They are not creating enough chances for the front two

What are your thoughts?

My god!!!!! Whatever next.

You must have some serious money in your a/c if you think the club will follow up such a great ideal as that.

Trundle is suffering because of the amount of poor ball he is getting. Simple as!!!!

get a central midfielder in who can create for strikers to score as that is our problem.

Isn't that what Lee Johnson's role is supposed to be?

He's hardly the ball winning midfielder type is he, and to use one of his Daddy's phrases, how often in recent months has he "affected the game"?

I feel sorry for Elliott in all of this - he's gone off the boil in recent weeks as I feel he is tired having carried a lightweight midfield for 20 games.

LJ has only be subbed once this season.If I could be bothered to get last season's programmes out of the loft to check the appearance stats I wouldn't mind betting this non-withdrawal by PaPa was evident then

LJ - Galacticos, the Untouchable

He's probably a really nice chap but yes, this is a swipe at him - sorry!!

Until GJ actually gives Noble or Artus a chance in LJ's position, its just a maybe.

Noble could do a job, but I believe Artus is our best long term solution. At 6ft and 13 stone he will bring some clout to the position. He can tackle hard and put his head in, surely we would be better off than playing with LJ at his current level.

If Artus was selected and put in some good performances, then LJ might not get back in on a regular basis. GJ has to be realistic or face the ultimate fan ridicule. It started last season and is reaching a crescendo.

GJ, 2 games in a week coming up......get it done

We were poor as a team on Saturday but Trundle was one of the better players. IMO Byfield played poorly and should have gone off and not Trundle.

I hope GJ hasn't got a problem with Trundle and thats why he subs him all the time. If i were Lansdown i would think very hard if GJ asked for a big signing in January based on what is happening with Trundle at the moment.

I'm also hoping that GJ isn't thinking that £1million or free transfer,I will sub you no matter what.

Like I said before when you spend a million pounds on a player you really need to utilise him to the full.

Trundle will get very disgruntled before too long and maybe will grant some peoples wish and move in January.

This would be a disaster in my view,what if he was to go to another championship side and be a regular no doubt he would start producing the goods.

Under GJ we have always been solid in defence but questionable going forward

graham kavangh would be perfect in midfield and also a rb and a lb need to be looked at andalso lee johnson needs to be dropped and find a perfect partner for elliot as he can not keep carrying johnson in midfield and also maybe let jevons and showumni and bring in some other attackers as we can't rely on brooker as he can get injured again

Until GJ actually gives Noble or Artus a chance in LJ's position, its just a maybe.

Noble could do a job, but I believe Artus is our best long term solution. At 6ft and 13 stone he will bring some clout to the position. He can tackle hard and put his head in, surely we would be better off than playing with LJ at his current level.

If Artus was selected and put in some good performances, then LJ might not get back in on a regular basis. GJ has to be realistic or face the ultimate fan ridicule. It started last season and is reaching a crescendo.

GJ, 2 games in a week coming up......get it done

.. no sorry, it's not reaching a crescendo. A crescendo is a gradual increase in volume - you mean perhaps that it's reaching a climax.

Strange.... I thought Byfield was one of the few players who looked lively and was one of our better players. Lee Trundle did'nt really do anything did he???

Strange.... I thought Byfield was one of the few players who looked lively and was one of our better players. Lee Trundle did'nt really do anything did he???

Trundle had a couple of shots on goal and put people through several times on the wing and notably Johnson in the second half who inexplicably passed it wide when he had a clear run on goal.

Byfield chased the ball more but didn't achieve much and retained the ball less than Trundle as far as I saw.

Although Trundle did a little better on Saturday he still isn't any where near what I was expecting, anyone who suggest otherwise either have low expectations or are not being 100% truthful.

I just don't see it working out for Trundle so If we received a sizable offer where we could possibly claim back the majority of the 1m we owe Swansea then I would be seriously tempted, think of the wages you'd also be saving.

After January when I would imagine Johnson will bring in a striker or two he could end up like Jevons and become an very exspensive seat warmer.

Although Trundle did a little better on Saturday he still isn't any where near what I was expecting, anyone who suggest otherwise either have low expectations or are not being 100% truthful.

I just don't see it working out for Trundle so If we received a sizable offer where we could possibly claim back the majority of the 1m we owe Swansea then I would be seriously tempted, think of the wages you'd also be saving.

After January when I would imagine Johnson will bring in a striker or two he could end up like Jevons and become an very exspensive seat warmer.

I can't see anyone offering anything like that because we overpaid.

I agree he isn't playing at a good enough level yet but I haven't given up hope, I believe the signs are there that when we give him the right ball he can do things with it.

If we bought him expecting him to be a workhorse outside the box, win first balls and put in lots of running then the fault lies with us not him - he's never been that kind of player.

I suspect we will see one younger striker brought in in January who will compete with Trundle, Byfield and Brooker for two places.

I can't see anyone offering anything like that because we overpaid.

I agree he isn't playing at a good enough level yet but I haven't given up hope, I believe the signs are there that when we give him the right ball he can do things with it.

If we bought him expecting him to be a workhorse outside the box, win first balls and put in lots of running then the fault lies with us not him - he's never been that kind of player.

I suspect we will see one younger striker brought in in January who will compete with Trundle, Byfield and Brooker for two places.

:innocent06:

I hope we see another striker come January, we need competion for both front men as Byfield/Trundle aren't firing. What both have achieved so far is just not good enough.....but will GJ bring someone in?

I hope we see another striker come January, we need competion for both front men as Byfield/Trundle aren't firing. What both have achieved so far is just not good enough.....but will GJ bring someone in?

As many other people have said, you could put Ronaldo up front in our side right now and he'd have no more goals than Trundle and Byfield do.

They're not playing well enough but they're not getting the chance to.

I'm sure we'll see an attempt to get another striker in but it will be replacing Jevons and probably Showunmi with some pace.

:innocent06:

if brooker isn't fully fit come the end of Jan, I'd imagine we will see someone come in,

however both players would benefit from playing alongside Brooker rather than playing alongside each other.

Why does everyone keep coming out with the "This this in the leauge get over it" rubbish

We are not playing well, i cant see where a goal is going to come from, we have lost 3 on the spin and deep down i think were going to lose tomorrow aswell.

We couldnt string passes together on saturday, we didnt seem to have any fight.

Now to me that is a worry.

Archived