IGNORED

Trundle Transfer

crusader

Couldn't be bothered to read the comments but, Trundle is our best striker. He was our best player yesterday along with McCindoe, and he got taken off. Byfield never looks dangerous and is very lightweight.

For a game like Hull away I think we need Trundle up top with noble just behind, the two pacey wingers getting beyond the play.

But for the majority of games I think we need, Sproule Elliot Noble McCindoe

Trundle

Byfield.

This is why;

Johnson is there to create (as he bottles every challange) but isn't good enough to make that cutting edge decisive pass. Despite the fact he looks great passing the ball sideways, he also lacks the ability to keep the ball under pressure.

This is where Noble comes in, ok, he will lose more 50/50's than he will win BUT has the ability not only to keep the ball under pressure but also can create a match winning ball, more than once in a game.

The fact Lee Johnson stayed on the pitch the other day was simply laughable it made us very vonerable at the back and kept an average player on the pitch for the sake of it.

If I was GJ I would put Trundle in the transfer window this January.

I'd quite happily let him go for £200,000

Yes lose £800,000 but get him off the wage bill.

Very early decision but his performances arent good enough to stay at Bristol City, plus no goals

What are your thoughts?

Yeah great idea

jevons, enoch and sick note will get us thro this sticky patch

??????????????????

Should never had been subbed saturday, had two men on nearly all game and held the ball up well. If we cant find space elsewhere that aint his fault, we need to play further up the pitch (as stated in midfield too deep post)_ and let him play more with noble (and possibly russell ??) so we can get the ball into his feet 10-15 yards further up-field, defenders cant afford to get too close in the box.

think the bloke is getting a very rough ride, lets gets behind him, his touch and control are 2nd to none and will be a big player for us this season

Couldn't be bothered to read the comments but, Trundle is our best striker. He was our best player yesterday along with McCindoe, and he got taken off. Byfield never looks dangerous and is very lightweight.

For a game like Hull away I think we need Trundle up top with noble just behind, the two pacey wingers getting beyond the play.

But for the majority of games I think we need, Sproule Elliot Noble McCindoe

Trundle

Byfield.

This is why;

Johnson is there to create (as he bottles every challange) but isn't good enough to make that cutting edge decisive pass. Despite the fact he looks great passing the ball sideways, he also lacks the ability to keep the ball under pressure.

This is where Noble comes in, ok, he will lose more 50/50's than he will win BUT has the ability not only to keep the ball under pressure but also can create a match winning ball, more than once in a game.

The fact Lee Johnson stayed on the pitch the other day was simply laughable it made us very vonerable at the back and kept an average player on the pitch for the sake of it.

PR you are spot on!!!

Trundle is the best forward at our club, simple as.

Very early decision but his performances arent good enough to stay at Bristol City, plus no goals

What are your thoughts?

MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think if everyone was fully fit then Brooker would be top dog- from the one's that are actually playing they've all been pretty disapointing for various reasons.

I think if I had to choose I'd go with Byfield who has scored more goals than Trundle in less games.

No one can make a judgement on a player who has been out for so long, and untried at championship level.

We all know what SB can do, but will we ever see it again?

You say Byfield, i say Trundle, not for goals alone but all round play

I'd be fascinated to hear how you come to that conclusion? It can't of been based on his performances.

Now this it what makes me laugh with some City fans. First of all, I haven't seen Trundle have one bad game. I haven't seen him miss from a yard, I haven't seen him fall over going through on goal. He hasn't set the division alight ok, but his performances have been decent. He holds the ball well, attracts loads of defenders and is a constant threat.

This reminds me so much of the Marcus Stewart thing. Stewart had scored 4 goals by november ish and just because he hadnt hit the 20 mark by the end of august people decided he was awful? Ok thats been and gone now but for goodness sake, Lee Trundle has offered far more all round play than Byfield and scored a similar amount of goals.

I am not slating Byfield because I also think he add's value to our team. But please wherever you have this illusion from that Trundle isn't a good player give him a chance. Analyse him in the next game you see and you will realise how good he is for the TEAM.

What are your thoughts?

utter trollope who've we started him upfront with ? Byfield and none else !

he's had 3 defenders on him every single game and is getting hammered

byfield and him do not work we should drop johnson bring in noble and play 4-3-1-2

with trunds and showunmi upfront or brooker when he is back

maybe give ivan a go upfront ? :englandsmile4wf:

All you trundle haters are just your typical football fans that aint got a clue about football.

He is the best striker here by a country mile.

It is our poor service from the midfield that is punishing trundles play.When we do play the ball into him,it is usually 100mph.Open your sad little eyes ffs and get the f off his back.

Just look at his last 4 seasons.swansea players knew how to play with trundle and got the best out of him

What are your thoughts?

I bet all of your 34 posts are a joke. Just like this comment

All you trundle haters are just your typical football fans that aint got a clue about football.

It is our poor service from the midfield that is punishing trundles play.When we do play the ball into him,it is usually 100mph.Open your sad little eyes ffs and get the f off his back.

Just look at his last 4 seasons.swansea players knew how to play with trundle and got the best out of him

:worship2: well said that man :worship2:

I also echo that.

Absoutley gob smacked that he was subbed Saturday, showed good hold up play and flick ons. Everyone knows he needs the ball to feet.

Play to the guys strenghs for gawd sake, he has the sort of technical ability sadly lacking in the english game.

100% agree with the last post. Give him the right service and he'll do the business. Whilst I'll admit the service between Leagues 1 + 2 and the Champ is different, our midfield (for the most part, no LJ debates ensued please!) is of a Champ standard. I would imagine that the quality provided to strikers in a higher league would be of a higher standard.

What are your thoughts?

My Thoughts ????... they are, that this post, is probably the biggest load of Cr*p I have read on this forum for a very long time.

Archived