IGNORED

Robins Now Not Looking Good

Red under the bed

Below is an extract from the Nationwide web page.

Turner targets Robins arrival

Sheffield Wednesday boss Chris Turner has confirmed that he is keen to bring Rotherham's veteran striker Mark Robins to Hillsborough.

The 33-year-old has been told he can leave Millmoor and Turner is eager to add Robins to his Owls squad.

He told the club's official website: "I feel attack is one area of the team that is letting us down.

"I'd like to bring him in for the full distance, we're working on things around the financial side. There isn't any money to bring anyone in and we'd have to have help from the chairman.

"You have to find the key in the final third and I know Mark Robins can put the ball in the back of the net.

"I feel someone who has the knack of being in the right place at the right time can be the difference between us being in the play-off areas and automatic promotion."

Not looking to good is it

Also DW comments on BCFC World would indicate that the a 2 year contract is not on the cards.

:blink:

City have perfectly good strikers - Pecock,Roberts,Lita and Miller can all score goals.The problem is the service.They are not getting any.

Robins is no better than the strikers we have and he won`t score goals without service nor would Alan Shearer or Van Nistlerooy.

If City need a new a player its should be a creative midfielder, not a striker.

Guest Bootylicious
Robins is no better than the strikers we have and he won`t score goals without service nor would Alan Shearer or Van Nistlerooy.

The difference is though, Robbored, the likes of Shearer and Van Nistelrooy can create goals out of nothing! They dont necessarily need service to score. They create goals themselves, something which our strikers are not capable of.

Guest dolminator

I DON'T BELIEVE WE ACTUALLY NEED A STRIKER

WHAT WE DO NEED IS A DECENT MIDFIELD PLAYER OR TWO. :PC_Plod:

AS THE ABOVE COMMENT SAID " IF NISTELROOY DID NOT GET THE SERVICE HE WOULD NOT SCORE"

:blink:

REMEMBER THE SAYING

" FEED PEACOCK AND HE WILL SCORE" :Party27:

City have perfectly good strikers - Pecock,Roberts,Lita and Miller can all score goals.The problem is the service.They are not getting any.

Disregarding the team's best (Notts Co) and worst (Wycombe) performances, the forward pairings have mustered just 7 goals between them in 15 matches. I make that five or six short. I'm confident that if Shearer or van Nistelrooy had been playing for City in those matches they'd have a dozen each. Why so certain? ... because they don't need so many shots for each goal scored.

But never mind Premier League superstars and never mind either the idealism of wingers cutting inch perfect crosses back from the byeline - because only the memorable goals are like that - its the run-of-the-mill "tap-ins" that are missing at present*.

So here's a question: how many shots/headers on goal do you reckon a promotion-chasing forward pairing should need between them over 15 matches to score those 12 goals?

When/if you respond I'll tell you how many our's have needed for the 7 they have scored!

* except that "tap-in" is disrespectful of the art of finding the net with the first touch. Oh, and I'm not saying the quality of final ball can't be improved as well as the strikers' finishing.

DEAR REDUN I REFER YOU TO MY RESPONSE TO THE POSTING ON SELLING ROBERTS........WE DONT GET ENOUGH TAP INS DUE TO THE ###### SHOOTING AND SHOT SHY ATTITUDE OF OUR MIDFIELD... THIS IS COUPLED WITH A WING LESS APPROACH TO SERVING OUR FRONT TWO... HAS WILKSHIRE OUTPACED ANYBODY ON THE RIGHT FLANK THIS SEASON BECAUSE "BLESS HIM" TINS HASNT ON THE LEFT.... THIS MIS-COMBINATION LEADS TO HUMP BALL FOOTY AND WHILST PEACOCK IS OK HE'S NOT PROLIFIC AT EITHER WINNING THE BALL OR SCORING WHILST MILLER AT THE MOMENT LOOKS LIKE A RABBIT CAUGHT IN HEADLIGHTS...

PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW THE STATISTICS OF MEDIOCRITY............ :Costumed19:

DEAR REDUN I REFER YOU TO MY RESPONSE TO THE POSTING ON SELLING ROBERTS........WE DONT GET ENOUGH TAP INS DUE TO THE ###### SHOOTING AND SHOT SHY ATTITUDE OF OUR MIDFIELD... THIS IS COUPLED WITH A WING LESS APPROACH TO SERVING OUR FRONT TWO... HAS WILKSHIRE OUTPACED ANYBODY ON THE RIGHT FLANK THIS SEASON BECAUSE "BLESS HIM" TINS HASNT ON THE LEFT.... THIS MIS-COMBINATION LEADS TO HUMP BALL FOOTY AND WHILST PEACOCK IS OK HE'S NOT PROLIFIC AT EITHER WINNING THE BALL OR SCORING WHILST MILLER AT THE MOMENT LOOKS LIKE A RABBIT CAUGHT IN HEADLIGHTS...

PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW THE STATISTICS OF MEDIOCRITY............ :Costumed19:

I think you may have a problem with your Caps Lock key....

Guest Bathred
City have perfectly good strikers - Peacock,Roberts,Lita and Miller can all score goals.The problem is the service.They are not getting any.

If City need a new a player its should be a creative midfielder, not a striker.

Whilst our strikers may have had a poor record of finishing in front of goal (how many more times will Roberts miss open goals this season?) there is no doubt we need to strengthen the midfield with a creative player to give them more chances. Tinman will not keep going forever and he will eventually run out of time. A second player in the midfield able to make accurate passes with a quickness of mind like Tins would create more chances for the attacking players to do something with.

Robins is just an old fashioned goalhanger without enough speed to be anything but. Bring him back on loan by all means but for crying out loud DONT sign him on.

There must be a few players in the higher divisions fed up of sitting it out every week who would be happy for some first team action. Come on Danny you are supposed to be well connected, prove it, bring in some real talent and lets show the rest of the second division a clean pair of heels.

Going up this time, COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Archived