IGNORED

Stone Wall Penalty - Still Fuming Now (merged)

cheshire_red

That was the easiest decision of the night, ref was central, right inline and no one between him and the incident, just unbelieveable. Otherwise if any player fell over it was a free kick.

McAllister was silly, already on an undeserved yellow but that was a yellow so the ref had no choice but to issue the red.

We did well first half, felt we were easily the more dangerous and Basso had little to do. Second half excellent discipline from the lads.

Hull fans reckon they had two handballs or pens 2nd half but too far away from us to see. Good point but with 11 I believe we'd have won it. Hull, poor side offered little but Windass' cons.

Just back from Hull, haven't heard or seen any reports, just what we saw at the game.

AND I'm absolutely fuming because the ref bottled it.

30 seconds of added time left, long ball chased down by Byfield into their penalty area, skips around the last defender, who took him down.

It wasnt even a close call - penalty, no doubt, 100%.

And the ref, in front of 15,000 home fans and a couple of hundred City, bottled it.

Oh, and the first of McCallisters bookings wasnt even a foul let alone a booking in my view.

Disgrace. Get him off the refs list.

Rant over.

We were good though.

Wel there you go, Cheshire Red, looks like we were posting our threads around the same time, just goes to show what a shit non-decision it was, we're both still fuming about it 4 hours after the game:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=89611

I'm tired and wanna go to bed, but like you I had to get that off my chest.

Absolute disgrace.

That was the easiest decision of the night, ref was central, right inline and no one between him and the incident, just unbelieveable. Otherwise if any player fell over it was a free kick.

McAllister was silly, already on an undeserved yellow but that was a yellow so the ref had no choice but to issue the red.

We did well first half, felt we were easily the more dangerous and Basso had little to do. Second half excellent discipline from the lads.

Hull fans reckon they had two handballs or pens 2nd half but too far away from us to see. Good point but with 11 I believe we'd have won it. Hull, poor side offered little but Windass' cons.

Two wrongs don't make a right but Radio Brizz commentary (Adam as pundit) felt Hull probably should have had a pen for handball against Elliott, otherwise Windass and one other should have been booked for diving.

McAllister's disciplinary record is becoming a liability not least because the only cover we seem to have is to move Fontaine over from centre back, so upsetting half the defensive line. Assuming we couldn't afford the class of goalscorer who'd make a difference, signing a left-back would be a priority for me come January.

Oh, and the first of McCallisters bookings wasnt even a foul let alone a booking in my view.

Well you were there, i was listening on the radio, but both bookings sounded like fouls and bookings, and even the commentators (including Our own media bloke Adam Bkaer) both said they were both bookings.

Well you were there, i was listening on the radio, but both bookings sounded like fouls and bookings, and even the commentators (including Our own media bloke Adam Bkaer) both said they were both bookings.

Well as you werent there don't really feel you can comment. The ref should never had booked Mcallister for the first challenge Windass and their no22(forget his name) made numurous fouls (particularly the no22 on Enoch) and the ref failed to book either of them! A needless sending off that spoilt what was going to be a very open game. Still pleased with the players effort and workrate after 3 straight defeats.

our defence last night were outstanding in the second half, jay jay okocha couldnt help hull score either because basso saved a venemous free kick from him that was going top corner. Mccalister is stupid already on a booking then mistimes his tackle by a mile and takes the bloke out, definite sending off. Enoch played well, holding the ball up and trying to make something happen even though he was the lone striker, Noble looked likely to score and played well but had to get taken off at H-T because we needed 4 at the back with mccalister shown the red card.

Overall i am very happy with our display, if we would of had 11 men in the second half we would of took all 3 points

Well as you werent there don't really feel you can comment. The ref should never had booked Mcallister for the first challenge Windass and their no22(forget his name) made numurous fouls (particularly the no22 on Enoch) and the ref failed to book either of them! A needless sending off that spoilt what was going to be a very open game. Still pleased with the players effort and workrate after 3 straight defeats.

Bit harsh seeing as others have commented that listened to it on the radio. Even Gary Johnson said it was 2 bookings. Windass seemed to be constantly trying to con the ref into giving him a penalty or a free kick, and at one point i think i remember him trying to get one of our players booked. Okocha didnt sound like he did anything.

As has been said by others, we probably wouldve gone on to win it if McCallister hadnt got himself sent off. I wouldve taken a point at the start of the game so happy to end the losing streak.

Question now is, does McCallister get striaght back into the team for the Ipswich game?

Bit harsh seeing as others have commented that listened to it on the radio. Even Gary Johnson said it was 2 bookings. Windass seemed to be constantly trying to con the ref into giving him a penalty or a free kick, and at one point i think i remember him trying to get one of our players booked. Okocha didnt sound like he did anything.

As has been said by others, we probably wouldve gone on to win it if McCallister hadnt got himself sent off. I wouldve taken a point at the start of the game so happy to end the losing streak.

Question now is, does McCallister get striaght back into the team for the Ipswich game?

No because he will have a 2 match ban as its his second sending off of the season! First yellow was harsh and the ref calmed down second half infact he forgot his cards!! Still happy with the efforts of the team. Windass is always cheating the ref with dives to win free kicks and penalties its in his nature!!

No because he will have a 2 match ban as its his second sending off of the season! First yellow was harsh and the ref calmed down second half infact he forgot his cards!! Still happy with the efforts of the team. Windass is always cheating the ref with dives to win free kicks and penalties its in his nature!!

Course it is yeah. My mistake. Same question applies to the Plymouth game then? Personally i wouldnt bring him back in straight away. Keep Fontaine at left back with McCombe and Carey centre backs. It sounded like the team were fighting for every ball and just didnt stop running all game, especially 2nd half, something which hasnt been happening for the last few games.

Course it is yeah. My mistake. Same question applies to the Plymouth game then? Personally i wouldnt bring him back in straight away. Keep Fontaine at left back with McCombe and Carey centre backs. It sounded like the team were fighting for every ball and just didnt stop running all game, especially 2nd half, something which hasnt been happening for the last few games.

It his first sending off, his other ban was for 5 yellows!!

ive got a feeling its just another one match ban, but I'm probably wrong!

Well as you werent there don't really feel you can comment. The ref should never had booked Mcallister for the first challenge

Quote from Johnson.

"It was two bookings so I can have no complaints about the red card"

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Johnson was there so is it okay with you if he comments?

BTW-definately sounds like we should of had the penalty but like so many ref's he bottled it and I have no doubt had that incident of been in our penalty area he wouldn't of hesitated to give the kick.

It his first sending off, his other ban was for 5 yellows!!

ive got a feeling its just another one match ban, but I'm probably wrong!

Its a complicated subject. Its his second suspension so maybe that would constitute a 2 match ban? Either way, he's definately suspended because the club cant appeal against 2 yellows.

Quote from Johnson.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Johnson was there so is it okay with you if he comments?

Na Johnson was in Plymouth listening online i think. Millen was in Carlisle and Alan Walsh was in Belfast. How about if Jay-Jay Okocha comments?

Quote from Johnson.

BTW-definately sounds like we should of had the penalty but like so many ref's he bottled it and I have no doubt had that incident of been in our penalty area he wouldn't of hesitated to give the kick.

In fact Johnson was on the other side of the pitch, so wasn't best placed to see.

City fans at the game had a far better view from behind the goal.

Both bookings IMO were harsh, especially when the Hull player that took out Noble on the edge of their penalty area didn't get booked for a similar offence.

I think for anybody saying that either of McCallisters bookings were harsh really needs to take off their rose tinted specs. I was there and could clearly see that the first one he was very calculated in that the bloke had beat him and McCalister pulled him back when he was through out wide, in all honesty it was closer to a red than no booking at all because there is an argument that McCallister could have been the last man.

The second was a blatent booking, McCallister had been beaten and made no attempt to take the ball he just took down the man.

But in light of that, there is absolutely no difference between the second McCallister booking and our penalty appeal. And quite frankly the ref bottled it. If he has got the courage to make a match changing decision and give McCallister a red card for that tackled he has to have the courage to give us a match changing decision of the penalty. The referee couldn't have been in a better position, clearly saw the foul, yet he hasn't given it. And I think he knows it was a penalty, I am disgusted by that decision. My legs are still sore from kick the seats around me because it wound me up so much that it should have been a penalty.

He gave about 15 free kicks elsewhere around the pitch where there had been half the contact that there had been on Byefield.

I think for anybody saying that either of McCallisters bookings were harsh really needs to take off their rose tinted specs. I was there and could clearly see that the first one he was very calculated in that the bloke had beat him and McCalister pulled him back when he was through out wide, in all honesty it was closer to a red than no booking at all because there is an argument that McCallister could have been the last man.

The second was a blatent booking, McCallister had been beaten and made no attempt to take the ball he just took down the man.

But in light of that, there is absolutely no difference between the second McCallister booking and our penalty appeal. And quite frankly the ref bottled it. If he has got the courage to make a match changing decision and give McCallister a red card for that tackled he has to have the courage to give us a match changing decision of the penalty. The referee couldn't have been in a better position, clearly saw the foul, yet he hasn't given it. And I think he knows it was a penalty, I am disgusted by that decision. My legs are still sore from kick the seats around me because it wound me up so much that it should have been a penalty.

He gave about 15 free kicks elsewhere around the pitch where there had been half the contact that there had been on Byefield.

I think it was rather harsh. I'm not a massive Mcallister fan and was annoyed with his yellow at Ipswich. Most refs would have given him a warning and Windass and their no22 werent even warned let alone booked during the game!! Its happened now just my opinion thats all. :innocent06:

I think for anybody saying that either of McCallisters bookings were harsh really needs to take off their rose tinted specs.

No need for rose tinted specs.

When Noble was cynically brought down on the edge of the Hull box, no yellow card was shown.

When Windass and another of the Hull players took blatant dives no yellow cards were shown.

That's why I feel that McCallister was harshly dealt with for the only two fouls that he committed.

(IMO, and several others near me, he never touched the guy for the second one.)

No need for rose tinted specs.

When Noble was cynically brought down on the edge of the Hull box, no yellow card was shown.

When Windass and another of the Hull players took blatant dives no yellow cards were shown.

That's why I feel that McCallister was harshly dealt with for the only two fouls that he committed.

(IMO, and several others near me, he never touched the guy for the second one.)

If you didn't think McCallister touched him maybe you should get some glasses as well.

I agree with the Noble one, that should have been a yellow card - I remember making the same point at half time. But that doesn't really alter the fact that it was right to send off McCallister - just that the ref should have booked their player.

But there was an equal amount of contact/intent with Byfield as there was with McCallisters second booking, if that was not a foul, then Byfields wasn't a penalty.

If you didn't think McCallister touched him maybe you should get some glasses as well.

I agree with the Noble one, that should have been a yellow card - I remember making the same point at half time. But that doesn't really alter the fact that it was right to send off McCallister - just that the ref should have booked their player.

But there was an equal amount of contact/intent with Byfield as there was with McCallisters second booking, if that was not a foul, then Byfields wasn't a penalty.

Many others around me also felt that McCallister didn't make contact and that the guy dived.

You obviously saw it differently, but however you look at it the referee was very inconsistant.

If the ref felt Byfield wasn't tripped, why didn't he book him as well for diving?

Many others around me also felt that McCallister didn't make contact and that the guy dived.

You obviously saw it differently, but however you look at it the referee was very inconsistant.

If the ref felt Byfield wasn't tripped, why didn't he book him as well for diving?

I agree. And also there was no need to for Byfield to dive. The referee was also a lot closer to that incident, about 10 yards, whereas the other he was about 30 yards away, and also had players in between.

There are no excuses for not giving that penalty, the ref must know that he made the wrong decision. If that is not a penalty then they should just eradicate the whole concept of penalties. You look at what penalties are given for these days, and then look at that, there is never going to be a more blatent penalty.

I thought the ref had two match changing decisions to make. He got one right, and one badly wrong.

Archived