IGNORED

Lee Johnson

DANRPDAN

but people were on his back before he even played his first game for us

That is true sadly. I thought he was a reasonable signing at the time unbelievably...

I wasn't at Hull so can't judge but one good performance in every 5 is not enough to convince me is good enough at this level to take us forward.

Lee had his best game for us so far this term, he was sharp and did not pull out of any 50/50 balls, one miss control to see the ball go into touch and every other pass found a Bristol City player.

Well done Lee keep it up :fingerscrossed:

agree he had a good game

in fact they all showed great determination when they went down to 10 men,

tough luck jay jay

My heart bleeds for him, payed thousands of pounds to play football and he not feeling very chipper because he's taken a bit of flack........Big hug to Leex

I'm not saying you should feel sorry for him. But, if his confidence and performances are suffering because of the disproportionate stick he gets from fans, then its BCFC and us who lose out.

but people were on his back before he even played his first game for us

True but this spiral of excuses cant continue.

People might have been on his back if they assumed he was just following daddy to get an easy place in the team regardless of performance.

Is that not the reality at this moment in time?

I wasnt a critic back then but he doesnt bloody impress me now.

I'm glad to hear it! Been a big critic of him this season (and last) but if he's had a good game, then I'll hold my hands up and say fair play mate. Just make sure he plays consistently enough to warrant a starting place every week.

No doubt about it, on his day LJ is a very good player and can really make us tick and an inform LJ is without doubt one of the first names on the team sheet. In form, he's great to watch.

However, over recent weeks he has been poor and really didn't deserve a place in the starting line up. Elliot has been covering a massive amount of ground to make up for LJ short falls and that really isn't on.

I'm convinced that he know's as long as he stays fit he will be in the starting line up and that in its self breeds complacency and players taking their foot of the gas in the league means that you lose........sometimes very heavily!

Bit more competition in the middle of the pitch is what is required.............and no Skuse does not constitute competition.

Lee had his best game for us so far this term, he was sharp and did not pull out of any 50/50 balls, one miss control to see the ball go into touch and every other pass found a Bristol City player.

The truth is that LJ has not hit top form anywhere near often enough so far this season. However, I am glad he played well last night because the vast majority of us who have suggested that he might be replaced at the moment still want him to do well when he gets picked. If he starts playing like he apparently played last night on a regular basis then I will be pleased for LJ and the team who will obviously benefit. I do not HATE the bloke and any concerns I have nothing are not related, whatsoever, to the identity of his old man. I just want to see the eleven blokes in the red shirt playing well.

One thing I will say and this CANNOT be a co-incidence is that when Noble is in the side and playing well we see a far better Lee Johnson. He seems to find Noble with passes and also finds space to carry the ball more often than when he is in a midfield two. Given that we are struggling up front at present when we play a 4-4-2 I think that a 4-4-1-1 (assuming Noble stays fit) is the way forward at the moment.

well we all see things differently - I am just back (yes it did take me a long time) and I was delighted with the point and the effort but second half I thought LJ looked lost at times and was the weakest of the last 10 - I think the team did well but I did not see this as a major turning point in his performance (s) not sure what i missed on the night - he was ok (ish) but not outstanding

well we all see things differently - I am just back (yes it did take me a long time) and I was delighted with the point and the effort but second half I thought LJ looked lost at times and was the weakest of the last 10 - I think the team did well but I did not see this as a major turning point in his performance (s) not sure what i missed on the night - he was ok (ish) but not outstanding

If he played better with Noble in the first half, which is what your comments seem to suggest, then a definite pattern seems to be forming.

If he played better with Noble in the first half, which is what your comments seem to suggest, then a definite pattern seems to be forming.

Yep - fair shout - we can't change his size and I think to compensate for that if he had a little more energy and initial pace to close people down it would enhance his game - but first half we did look good and that was his best period

I thought we looked at our most impressive last season when set up 3-5-2 and looking at the personel available would that be such a bad idea? Our full backs seem to be routinely beaten for both pace and skill (having both sent off in two away games in a row could be seen as evidence of this) and we actually have more recognised centre backs to call on than full backs (I remember Orr played in both midfield and centre back in this system last year and with some credit).

I realise it is unlikely we will try this, but you do wonder that if allowing for a Noble, Johnson +1 midfield and a lack of full backs GJ might use this system once more?

After Saturdays stinker, its about time. glad to hear it.

After reading lots of toss on this forum over the last few weeks, I'm so glad everyone is getting back to supporting this true and great club.

So give yourself a good pat on the back and lets talk about taking all 3 points at Watford

Up the City

ps I think when we get behind our boys we are the best fans in the land :englandsmile4wf:

I hold my hands up and admit; I have been LJ's biggest critic so far this season. But then he has been pants. He's been our worst player by far and deserved to get droped for someone - anyone - weeks ago.

However, if he had a good game, then great. But I hope you'll appreciate my scepticism until I see it for myself. I have been to games this season when myself, and everyone around me has seen, witnessed, an awful, dreadful performance from him. Yet I come on here a few hours or a day later, and a few people have said he's played well!

So, let's hope he does improve. We have got at least five other midfielders and it's a shame none of them have been given a chance whilst he's been playing badly, but let's hope he's turned the corner...

Archived