IGNORED

Lee Johnson

DANRPDAN

Lee had his best game for us so far this term, he was sharp and did not pull out of any 50/50 balls, one miss control to see the ball go into touch and every other pass found a Bristol City player.

Well done Lee keep it up :fingerscrossed:

Glad to hear it though I hope it was slightly more than every other pass.

Let's hope he keeps it up because there can't be any doubt that when he does play well he's a very effective player for us.

Lee had his best game for us so far this term, he was sharp and did not pull out of any 50/50 balls, one miss control to see the ball go into touch and every other pass found a Bristol City player.

Yeah it sounded like he had a good game on the radio. Its a shame it was away from home on a tuesday night in Hull and not at home though so he can show people what he can do. Let's hope he and the other 10 startes do the same on Saturday at Watford.

Glad to hear it though I hope it was slightly more than every other pass.

Let's hope he keeps it up because there can't be any doubt that when he does play well he's a very effective player for us.

Sorry but when I said every other pass I meant every pass from then on in. (not one bad pass all game)

Sorry but when I said every other pass I meant every pass from then on in. (not one bad pass all game)

Thought so, good stuff! Sounds like he responded well to criticism (and probably a bollocking from GJ) after Saturday. He does seem to find it harder at home in front of an expectant crowd, and it doesn't help him with city fans that away sides come and defend deep so his job at penetrating them is tougher. Will be good to see how he does at Watford because they will come at us.

I am so pleased to see this thread!

We all need LJ to succeed, and i agree with Nibor who said he must find it easier to play away from the anti LJ mob at Ashton Gate. Norwich and Wolves he was outstanding too. It was a shame that Noble had to go off at half time, because they do link up well. We have got a good team, it's not all doom and gloom! :preacher:

Thank God for this thread, many who weren't at the game were unhappy with GJ because Noble went off,

but going on what people who were actually at the game have said, it was the right decision

Removing Noble (who according to the radio was our most attacking outlet) to shore up the defence might actually work in our favour come Watford away. It was always going to be a 'balls-to-the-wall' in the 2nd and a draw was a decent result, but Noble has now had 45 minutes of rest coming into the Watford match, and considering he was one of our more important attacking outlets this will allow us to take the game to them (with 11 men, hopefully).

Nice to see the team fought like bastards to win a point against the odds. Let's all get positive about the Sky match now. Watford have lost three of the last five and not won at home in three games. Last team they beat at home? Hull, one nil. Nothing to fear.

have to agree ........

LJ was good today .........

the starting line up puzzled me ......... but it worked .........

and our little travelling band of supporters ......... did 'their thing' as usual ..........

it was a happy drive back ........... even though i thought we should have had a last minute penalty

:englandsmile4wf:

i agree with Nibor

Not again :innocent06:

We all need LJ to succeed, he must find it easier to play away from the anti LJ mob at Ashton Gate.
Anti-LJ mob? You've just said yourself that his best performance's have come away from Ashton Gate so possibly explains by people who only see the home games grumble about him! he is normally distinctly average when plays down the Gate.

It's for Johnson to start putting in the performance's at home under pressure to prove the doubters wrong and to show us all he really is a decent middle man in the Championship.

Not again :innocent06:

Not sure what that means...? Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone who makes a good point.

Anti-LJ mob? You've just said yourself that his best performance's have come away from Ashton Gate so possibly explains by people who only see the home games grumble about him! he is normally distinctly average when plays down the Gate.

It's for Johnson to start putting in the performance's at home under pressure to prove the doubters wrong and to show us all he really is a decent middle man in the Championship.

Think you're contridicting yourself there bud, as you seem to be making the same point as me! It's the home mob that don't see his best performances, who in turn get on his back, which then directly effects his performance. If everyone gave him a bit more support, maybe his performances would improve?

i have given LJ a bit of stick lately, but i have always said he plays his best football when noble is in the team with him.

LJ's best patch of form came when noble was in the starting line-up and hopefully gary will continue to use this formation as it seems to get the best from the players

Thats hilarious !

Lee Johnson has a good game and guess what ? Its all down to David Noble !

The guy really can't win can he !

A bit more consistency is needed, 2 games good and 4 poor is not what we need from him,

lets hope he can be consistent on the good game front.

I think another away match will help build his confidence. IF he performs well on camera for all to see (but without the pressure of the home crowd) then people will be willing to cut him some slack next home game.

Side note; both Noble and LJ are former Watford players. Maybe have something to prove come saturday...?

I think another away match will help build his confidence. IF he performs well on camera for all to see (but without the pressure of the home crowd) then people will be willing to cut him some slack next home game.

Side note; both Noble and LJ are former Watford players. Maybe have something to prove come saturday...?

true.

both should be up for it against watford but it is still a concern having to rely on the midfield for goals

when service to the front to just needs improving.

Think you're contridicting yourself there bud, as you seem to be making the same point as me! It's the home mob that don't see his best performances, who in turn get on his back, which then directly effects his performance. If everyone gave him a bit more support, maybe his performances would improve?

There's no contradiction.

Your blaming the negative support he receive's for his poor form at home,anti Johnson mob I think you said, I interpreted that as 'blame the fans' for Johnson inconsistency.

Whilst I'm saying he only receives the negative comments because he more often than not plays poorly at home. Thus the crowds mentality and perception towards him will only change when starts turning in consistent performances, it will not happen the other way around...

Played well but still concerns me how he would rather pass the ball sideways than have a shot at goal. Must be a lack of confidence or something?

I cant imagine why he would have a lack of confidence at the moment. Its not like everyones been getting on his back or anything...

I cant imagine why he would have a lack of confidence at the moment. Its not like everyones been getting on his back or anything...

Players should be able to accept critisism and to be fair Gary should have taken Lee off on Saturday instead of Trundle. I don't like slating players but he needs to work harder on his attacking abilities and taking free kicks. When was the last time we scored from a free kick?

My heart bleeds for him, payed thousands of pounds to play football and he not feeling very chipper because he's taken a bit of flack........Big hug to Leex

Difference is he's not just "taken a bit of flack" he's been the scapegoat for anything that has gone wrong with the team.

Yes, he should have the mental strength to cope with the knocks, but the stuff he has said about hm can be proper out of order and without reason. Barely gets acknowledged when he has a good match; catches hell when he's off the boil. No exactly balanced opinions on here...

Difference is he's not just "taken a bit of flack" he's been the scapegoat for anything that has gone wrong with the team.

I think that's a bit of hyperbole really, he gets a little bit of disproportionate stick because of who his dad is but he knew that when he signed. He's not the sole scapegoat when things don't go our way by any means, just look at the threads on players like Jevons, Trundle, Orr, McAllister etc.

Yes, he should have the mental strength to cope with the knocks, but the stuff he has said about hm can be proper out of order and without reason. Barely gets acknowledged when he has a good match; catches hell when he's off the boil. No exactly balanced opinions on here...

I'd agree that he doesn't get as much praise as he should when he plays well but other than a few fans favourites (usually the players like Carey who make full blooded challenges) most of our players don't either.

As regards opinions on here being balanced you just have to bear in mind that people will always talk more about negatives because positives are easy to agree on. One or two people posting the same thing over and again can create a false impression.

I think that's a bit of hyperbole really, he gets a little bit of disproportionate stick because of who his dad is but he knew that when he signed. He's not the sole scapegoat when things don't go our way by any means, just look at the threads on players like Jevons, Trundle, Orr, McAllister etc.

True. With Trundle's fee and LJ dad being gaffer it makes them easier targets.

I'd agree that he doesn't get as much praise as he should when he plays well but other than a few fans favourites (usually the players like Carey who make full blooded challenges) most of our players don't either.

As regards opinions on here being balanced you just have to bear in mind that people will always talk more about negatives because positives are easy to agree on. One or two people posting the same thing over and again can create a false impression.

I guess. It's the assurtion that "everyone except GJ" can see how bad LJ in particular is that gets me. Plus, just try and disagree constuctivly and you've got rose-tinted specs!

Thats good to hear - but the cynic in me is tempted say 'thats one good game in four' but I wouldn't dream of it.

Archived