IGNORED

Great Save

Stoke_Gifford_Red

It was a good save because Phillips was quick off his line.He had spotted the ball through' to Thorpe and was out to block the shot with great anticipation.

The fact that it was Thorpe whose effort was saved made it more satisfying for some City fans.... :dunno:

Lets not forget the save that Camp made from Roberts header in the 1st half - that was brilliant as well.

Great save Yes

Englands no1 not in a million years!!

we still need to replace him with someone who can catch crosses!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Don't like to say it, but if teams chuck the ball in the box they have a good chance of beating us.

Agreed. Don't like to say it, but if teams chuck the ball in the box they have a good chance of beating us.
and what did QPR do ? god knows how many corners they had and crosses that were put in and they did well in beating us didn't they :P

I still think we do need a new keeper, but not to per se replace Phillips completely, but he is still young for a keeper and needs a mentor again like he had in mercer. A keeper who is unequivically better than him and can bring him on, which just hasn't really happened since Mercer left.

As for the save it looked remarkably like Roberts goal to me, just a line of heads :dunno:

we still need to replace him with someone who can catch crosses!!!!!!!!!!!
Why? - doing the right thing at the right time is what matters and his 14th clean sheet of the season suggests he ain't bad.

This from uefa.com - the Wilson being quoted being Bob of that ilk:

Harder than before

Wilson stressed that goalkeeping is harder today than ever before: "The balls swerve more now, so often you have a fraction of a second to choose whether you catch, punch or parry away from goal. If the ball is coming too fast, you'll see keepers making saves with whatever part of their body they can get to the ball.

Old laws redundant

"They are using their wristbones more often because the ball bounces off hard bone, rather than soft tissue, it should bounce further. The new laws make the old laws about goalkeeping - the idea that you must always catch a ball a certain way - redundant."

Why? - doing the right thing at the right time is what matters and his 14th clean sheet of the season suggests he ain't bad.

This from uefa.com - the Wilson being quoted being Bob of that ilk:

Harder than before

Wilson stressed that goalkeeping is harder today than ever before: "The balls swerve more now, so often you have a fraction of a second to choose whether you catch, punch or parry away from goal. If the ball is coming too fast, you'll see keepers making saves with whatever part of their body they can get to the ball.

Old laws redundant

"They are using their wristbones more often because the ball bounces off hard bone, rather than soft tissue, it should bounce further. The new laws make the old laws about goalkeeping - the idea that you must always catch a ball a certain way - redundant."

What does he know, he's just the top goalkeeping coach in this country. Even if he himself came out and praised Steve Phillips specifically, people would still not accept it.

I still think we need another keeper, and i think it would be best for everyone if it is someone older but better than stevie. He still has a lot to learn and a playing mentor will teach him quicker and better than Stowell will.

Guest City positive

Steve for me is developing into a very good keeper always has been a great shot stopper but now his choice of punch, catch come or stay is very good.To a few of you on here who cant seem to stand it when he has a good game.Basically you dont catch when under pressure. Watch all the good european keepers they all punch.As for steves save at the end. It could be the difference between play offs or automatic

no complaints about the game, but the save wasnt THAT good!

He made up his mind to dive to his left and cause Thorpey cant remeber how to score hit it at him early...

He needs to catch - but what a moment when i saw him gee up the EE and applaud the Ateyo on his way off!

Quality! :D

Imagine just how good Philips would be with just one marigold.

Top save and a top reaction by Philips at the final whistle, congratulates his team mates and them comes over to the East End and goes mental. Perfect. :D :Wave:

It is great what you can do with some marigolds  :D

IMAG0002.JPG

Superb picture! :clap::D

Quite a few posts and threads on Steve Phillip's glorious save yesterday and I'm glad to see it as I was very shocked if not speachless when the ball never flew past Phillips into the back of the net, (or into the back of stands even!) Haha :o:D

Yes I was so proud to be a City fan yesterday, taking home 3 valuable points and boy did we celebrate it! :Party12: :Party3: :Music10: :Party27: :clap:

Archived