IGNORED

Mccombe

beaverface

Is it me, or did the commentators just go on and on about how lucky City were not to concede a penalty and yet they hardly mentioned anything about the Watford handball.

Also, I thought McCombes handball was because Fontaine tried to jump for a header and pushed McCombes arm up with his head- surely not deliberate in that case?!

Is it me, or did the commentators just go on and on about how lucky City were not to concede a penalty and yet they hardly mentioned anything about the Watford handball.

Also, I thought McCombes handball was because Fontaine tried to jump for a header and pushed McCombes arm up with his head- surely not deliberate in that case?!

Agree.

Ay, I thought that too.

Mahon's handball was more blatent and more deliberate imo, sky sports always seem to go on about how lucky we are, as they did at Sheff Wed.

Anyway, not in the mood for complaining, what a fantastic win! :winner_third_h4h:

Sky were no way as bad as the shef wed game, that was dreadful.

But the handball was caused by McCOMBES arm making contact with FONTAINES head and certainly didn't gain an advantage, in fact it stopped FONTAINE making a better contact!!

It could have been given, but would have been harsh. Sometimes common sense does win!!!

Think it's you

Commentary seemed very fair to me, and at the end we were complimented on our style of football.

Maybe I only hear the good stuff.

The part of he commentary that made me chuckle was when we were 1-0 up, thay had a fairly lengthy discussion about Watford having to look like champions and play like champions and real champions wouldn't let the goal get to them and they would score. Then they did score 1-1 and one of the commentators, can't remember which one said.. see, champions mentality, champions this champions that blah blah blah. Thank god Mr Byfield put an end to that crap conversation!!!

2-1 :englandsmile4wf:

McCombe's handball was a certain penalty but so was the shirt pull on Showunmi the 1st half.

Maybe in the law of the game, but thats nonsense.

If he doesnt accidently hit it with his arm, Fontaine still heads it clear, so where is the justification in awarding a goal for that?

Crap.

Maybe in the law of the game, but thats nonsense.

If he doesnt accidently hit it with his arm, Fontaine still heads it clear, so where is the justification in awarding a goal for that?

Crap.

You may think so dg, but I hope you get the opportunity to see the penalty awarded against Leicester yesterday, for accidental handball.

The ball bounced up to waist height, striking Stephen Clemence's hand before the referee incredulously pointed to the spot. Not one Saints player appealed and the crowd were incensed.

You may think so dg, but I hope you get the opportunity to see the penalty awarded against Leicester yesterday, for accidental handball.

The ball bounced up to waist height, striking Stephen Clemence's hand before the referee incredulously pointed to the spot. Not one Saints player appealed and the crowd were incensed.

Yep seen it.

No intent, and no advantage gained from it.

Archived