IGNORED

City V Boro

wookey

Looking at the matches thrown up by the third round draw I would have thought City v Boro a cert on TV.

After the relatively poor turn out v Man City, also on TV, due to silly seat prices it will be Interesting to see where Sexstone pitches the seat prices for this match.

Looking at the matches thrown up by the third round draw I would have thought City v Boro a cert on TV.

After the relatively poor turn out v Man City, also on TV, due to silly seat prices it will be Interesting to see where Sexstone pitches the seat prices for this match.

Disagree.

Aston Villa - Man Utd

Burnley - Arsenal

Luton/Forest - Liverpool

look much more likely.

Disagree.

Aston Villa - Man Utd

Burnley - Arsenal

Luton/Forest - Liverpool

look much more likely.

The Beeb often get a couple of live ones and ALWAYS have at least one with a 'big four' side.

Villa/United or (if Forest win) Nottm/Liverpool would be my guess at the pair of matches they would want.

They have been known to get three, but I'd think the above two would be more likely than us.

Disagree.

Aston Villa - Man Utd DEAR GOD NO!!!

Burnley - Arsenal

Luton/Forest - Liverpool

look much more likely.

Aston Villa vs Man Utd........DEAR GOD NO!!! My first words when that was drawn out were "AGAIN?! It's getting boring now!"

Burnley vs Arsenal......Not much chance of an upset so not really.

Luton/Forest vs Liverpool....... Yeah. Why not.

IF Chasetown beat Port Vale in their replay then i'd like to see Chasetown vs Cardiff live on TV.

Personally don't think we will get on TV in this round.

Aston Villa vs Man Utd........DEAR GOD NO!!! My first words when that was drawn out were "AGAIN?! It's getting boring now!"

Burnley vs Arsenal......Not much chance of an upset so not really.

Luton/Forest vs Liverpool....... Yeah. Why not.

IF Chasetown beat Port Vale in their replay then i'd like to see Chasetown vs Cardiff live on TV.

Personally don't think we will get on TV in this round.

They will always put the big four on because of attracting the punters. The Beeb and Sky will still see the Burnley - Arsenal game as attractive even though the way Arsenal are playing there's next to no chance of an upset. Same for Luton/Forest - Liverpool.

Agree with Stoke - Newcastle, Alladyce will be in serious trouble if they lose that.

Usually the bbc like to go for one all-prem game (Villa v Man U) and one potential 'shock'. They might feel we have more chance of causing an 'upset' than Forest or Burnley, so you never know.

Forest were god-awful against Chelsea on telly last year. Lost 4-0 to the Blues second team but could easily have shipped 10. Was rubbish to watch, really poor stuff. That might still linger in the minds of the people at the Beeb who make the choices. Saying that, Burnley pulled off quite a shock a few years back againts Liverpool, so that might help them out.

Forest were god-awful against Chelsea on telly last year. Lost 4-0 to the Blues second team but could easily have shipped 10. Was rubbish to watch, really poor stuff. That might still linger in the minds of the people at the Beeb who make the choices. Saying that, Burnley pulled off quite a shock a few years back againts Liverpool, so that might help them out.

I'm thinking of the other team as much as us and Burnley. Middlesbrough seem to be going down fast, and I'm sure the bbc would think there'd be more chance of us beating them than Burnley beating Arsenal.

i think stoke newcastle is a cert.

which means they wont do us

I agree, if Newcastle are still struggling and Allerdice is still in the job, then surely a chance of an upset with big sams job on the line makes this a near cert.

For me the better scenario would be for newcatle to dump Sam the week before and the geordies to give stoke a pasting :winner_third_h4h:

There's 4 live games, BBC get 3 & Sky get 1.

TBH, I don't think we'll be on. I'd say 3 are dead certs, Villa v Man Utd, Luton/Forest v Liverpool & Burnley v Arsenal. Then it'll come down to 1 from City v Boro, Stoke v Newcastle, West Ham v Man City & Ipswich v Pompey. Stoke v Newcastle looks the most attractive for the neutral from that lot.

• Admin

TBH, I don't think we'll be on. I'd say 3 are dead certs, Villa v Man Utd, Luton/Forest v Liverpool & Burnley v Arsenal. Then it'll come down to 1 from City v Boro, Stoke v Newcastle, West Ham v Man City & Ipswich v Pompey. Stoke v Newcastle looks the most attractive for the neutral from that lot.

We're probably quite attractive as the main MotD game again as we were last season when we played them and that comes with its own financial rewards.

i wouldnt mind seeing the West am vs Man City game on sky. 2 teams who are doing well this season and playing good football. Could go either way which should make for an entertaining game

For me it would be a disgrace to show an all Premiership tie at this stage of the competition but we all know it's going to happen. They will get wall to wall coverage in the latter stages, TV should really be capturing the magic of the cup and taking more interest in more games where an upset is possible.

edit: Man U v Villa has been selected by the BBC. Clueless muppets.

They should show

Swansea City v Havant & Waterlooville

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cambridge United

Norwich City v Bury

Bristol City v Middlesbrough

For me it would be a disgrace to show an all Premiership tie at this stage of the competition but we all know it's going to happen. They will get wall to wall coverage in the latter stages, TV should really be capturing the magic of the cup and taking more interest in more games where an upset is possible.

edit: Man U v Villa has been selected by the BBC. Clueless muppets.

They should show

Swansea City v Havant & Waterlooville

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Cambridge United

Norwich City v Bury

Bristol City v Middlesbrough

In an ideal world yes, but in reality it's all about viewing figures I'm afraid. To the armchair gloryhunter, which sounds more attractive: Villa v Man U or Swansea v Havant ?

BBC to show Aston Villa-Man Utd

The FA Cup third round tie between Aston Villa and Manchester United will be screened live on BBC TV's Match of the Day on Saturday, 5 January.

The game will kick off at 1715 GMT at Villa Park.

Villa were beaten 2-1 at Old Trafford at the same stage last year and this is the fourth time in seven seasons the clubs have met in the Cup.

BBC One will also screen Arsenal's tie at Burnley (1400 GMT) and Stoke against Newcastle (1800 GMT) on 6 January.

Sky Sports will televise the match between Luton Town or Nottingham Forest against Liverpool on 6 January at 1600 GMT.

Personally I hope Luton beat us! They need the money and I don't really fancy the idea of millions of SKY viewers watching those scouse scum trounce us in our own back yard!

Personally I hope Luton beat us! They need the money and I don't really fancy the idea of millions of SKY viewers watching those scouse scum trounce us in our own back yard!

Liverpool are on a turn of form right now, but if they fail to make the Knockout stage of the champions league they might be looking for a new boos by that tie (forget what those cheeky reds fans think; he'll go if they don't get through IMO), so personally i'd quite like that draw.

Liverpool are on a turn of form right now, but if they fail to make the Knockout stage of the champions league they might be looking for a new boos by that tie (forget what those cheeky reds fans think; he'll go if they don't get through IMO), so personally i'd quite like that draw.

I wouldn't, it was bad enough watching us roll over against Chelsea last season a drubbing at home could shatter the confidence of the team and screw up the whole season.

There is a lot of animosity between the two sides so I expect Nottingham to resemble a war zone after the game. It's been a long time since we locked horns with those scousers, lots said about Hillsbrough and their comments and refusal of a minutes silence after Cloughie's death has been festering for a long time.

I think it could get messy :fear:

I wouldn't, it was bad enough watching us roll over against Chelsea last season a drubbing at home could shatter the confidence of the team and screw up the whole season.

There is a lot of animosity between the two sides so I expect Nottingham to resemble a war zone after the game. It's been a long time since we locked horns with those scousers, lots said about Hillsbrough and their comments and refusal of a minutes silence after Cloughie's death has been festering for a long time.

I think it could get messy :fear:

Oh dear, sounds a bit too 'tasty' to be any fun!

At least you can watch on Sky now, if you manage to overcome the Hatters that is...

Archived