IGNORED

Geoff Twentyman

Red Robin

Listening to radio Bristol on the way home as always after a home match, I was suprised to hear Geoff slating a fan who like me travels home and away watching city for saying

"if city produced the passion and commitment as was shown today the club would be promoted.Why do they not produce week in week out as they are paid a lot of money for the job they do.

Now this is were the guy is definatly right, and Geoff was completly wrong, having seen the last three away games city myself the players have not been interested or seemed to have the passion to produce.

It is all very well playing well in the big games however us fans want to see passion,hard work and commitment week in week out.

Geoff was giving the guy a hard time for which he felt he should be giving praise when due, as well as critising when poor.

The guy was full of praise as was every city fan that came out of the gate today.

the players passion and commitment was there for all to see.

WE WANT TO SEE IT WEEK IN WEEK OUT NOT JUST GLIMSES THROUGH THE SEASON.

This division is alfull this year, it is as weak a leauge as you would ever get for division 2.

Sometimes us loyal fans are sometimes taken for granted and that we will be there whatever the situation.

We need another 5 performaces like today and division 1 will bwe there.RR

Agreed, i thought Twentyman was stirring it against City fans today and Brian of Clevedon put him in his place very eloquently. So much so that Twentyman hurriedly tried to change the subject away from the one he had goaded Brian into phoning about.

The City fans who follow the team around the country have every right to complain at recent performances up to today. They are not then compelled to phone Radio Bristol to apologise when City play well.

And Rovers fans are equally "guilty" of any accusations Twentyman made.

Fact is, "nice chap" that he usually is, he was brought up watching the successful Liverpool team of the 70's and he really has no idea of the frustrations of being a long-suffering Bristol City fan.

The thing is that Geoff did invite the moaners to come on the show if they dare(?)

He was explaining that Bristol City had done well despite the bad run and had won today

When the true red Bristol City guy came on Geoff got a bit queer with him

when he stated his opinion but made another point about having to listen to all of it week in week out from other City fans.......... but could not understand why we might complain

(The Bristol City supporter came on and stated his views )

It was just the guys opinion and not really a moan.... just that he felt justified in remarking on our team because of his hard earned money being spent following Bristol City............ and Geoff did bite, but he calmed down, 10 out of ten for both of them :dunno:

I was stunned by Twentyman's attack on City fans to be honest.

I'm used to hearing the likes of Alan Green on 606 being a bit controversial to get the debate going, but it seemed Twentypence had a bit of a personal thing going on yesterday.

Well done to the guy who came on and put him straight.

Be careful Geoff, you're roots are beginning to show a bit...........

I thought I was listening to Radio Gas yesterday.Got in the car and drove as far as Gloucester before we got a mention.He was positively orgasmic about Rovers stupendous victory over lowly Cheltenham.

Get things in perspective.

:@ :@ :@

Obviously i'm in the minority, but ive always found GT to be completely unbiased in his work and regularly shows equal enthusiasm for both Bristol Teams.

He isnt a Rovers supporter, hes a Liverpool supporter. He played for the Gas but so what?

It all comes down to what you train your ear to, and if you are continually listening out for the slightest bit of pessimism regarding City or the slightest bit of optimism regarding Rovers then you are blinkering yourself into this attitude.

To put it in perspective, he was pointing out that this caller should be giving praise to BCFC. Is that not a ringing endorsement of our side rather than a criticism? He may not be right in his views, but the bottom line is that he was standing up for the club.

Fair and balanced analysis is always the case in my humble opinion :D

Obviously i'm in the minority, but ive always found GT to be completely unbiased in his work and regularly shows equal enthusiasm for both Bristol Teams.

He isnt a Rovers supporter, hes a Liverpool supporter. He played for the Gas but so what?

It all comes down to what you train your ear to, and if you are continually listening out for the slightest bit of pessimism regarding City or the slightest bit of optimism regarding Rovers then you are blinkering yourself into this attitude.

To put it in perspective, he was pointing out that this caller should be giving praise to BCFC. Is that not a ringing endorsement of our side rather than a criticism? He may not be right in his views, but the bottom line is that he was standing up for the club.

Fair and balanced analysis is always the case in my humble opinion :D

No Matty, I'm actually in your camp on this one

Geoff is very fair and (in my opinion) unbiased

But I was listening to the show on the way home and Geoff did get queer when the City supporter stated his opinion.

I think what kicked it off was that the bloke felt justified in saying whatever he liked about Bristol City because he payed to see them at home and away, week in week out. He went on to make a point that he had not seen the kind of commitment from the team over the past few games but he was pleased that they had shown their metal against QPR................Light blue touch paper........ Geoff went up like a rocket..... but came back down again and it all ended happily ever after.

Totally agree DC,to be honest i cant stand GT and when he said what he said last night really got my back up! I thought the city fan was going to start calling him every name under the sun because you could hear it wound the city fan up too! Get stuffed GT u g@s'ead

Guest BCFC_DEANO

I must stick up for my dad (brian) we go to watch city every week and the amount of money that we give to bcfc i feel that it is his right to say what he feels about the city performance. On the phone in yesterday he was full of praise for the performance, and yes we do find it hard to understand why we fail to play like that against the smaller teams in the division. But we are true reds and we want the best for city so if something isn't going right, surely its for the good of the team and fans that something is said, but also he is always the first person to praise the team and gets behind the team 110% every game. He has been watching city for near on 40 years and has been there for the highs and the lows.

Archived