IGNORED

How About Trundle In Midfield

Dave Youell

Seeing as we don't have a direct replacement for Mcindoe.

If Mcindoe was injuried or suspended, I wouldnt mind seeing Trundle on the left.

If Trundle aint fast enough for a striker, how the hell is he a possible left wing replacement? He's left footed i know but he's nowhere near quick enough for a winger.

The only position other than up front where I think Trundle would be worth playing is in the hole that Noble sits in but actually I'd like to see them both on the pitch at the same time for a few games.

It would be interesting to see Trundle try to fill the playmaker role as he is a decent passer and has vision but it's not something I would like us to try midseason. If McIndoe were unavailable I think Wilson or Murray would be more effective on the left.

• SC&T Board Members
The only position other than up front where I think Trundle would be worth playing is in the hole that Noble sits in but actually I'd like to see them both on the pitch at the same time for a few games.

It would be interesting to see Trundle try to fill the playmaker role as he is a decent passer and has vision but it's not something I would like us to try midseason. If McIndoe were unavailable I think Wilson or Murray would be more effective on the left.

Ditto - any statto care to look up how many minutes they've actually been on the pitch together this season? ... I bet it's not many.

i have been watching clips of Trundle on youtube for swansea and he played quite deep for them just off the other forward. have a look an see for yourself

I thought he was playing very much 'in the hole' saturday. sat deep, between watford's midfield and defence, and that's how when we broke at the end he was able to drift wide without picking up a marker. has the same eye for off-the-ball movement that Noble does IMO.

Well dropping LJ is a totally different debate, one I am for because Noble is getting sacrafised to much when it should be the small non-tackling midfielder who should come off.

Trundle has played well recently and is showing better signs every game, Id be for him to play in midfield with Noble alongside Elliot and LJ dropped.

Well dropping LJ is a totally different debate, one I am for because Noble is getting sacrafised to much when it should be the small non-tackling midfielder who should come off.

Trundle has played well recently and is showing better signs every game, Id be for him to play in midfield with Noble alongside Elliot and LJ dropped.

As you say; it is a different debate.

I think Trundle and Noble could be a potent partnership (as the 1-1 in a 4-4-1-1) but I'm still of the mind that we cannot rely on Noble in the centre of a midfield four, so can't see him playing centrally with Trundle 'in the hole'.

Ditto - any statto care to look up how many minutes they've actually been on the pitch together this season? ... I bet it's not many.

I think it is something stupid like 12 mins or something. I think the only game I can remember them both starting was the one where Nobes went off early injured (just for a change!). All other games, I'm sure he's replaced Nobes (probably really easy to disprove this, but i'm in a rush, so can't be bothered!)

The thing is though, that Trundle needs the right ball put into him and Noble is the only one with the vision and talent to put that ball through. That's why we need to see them both together. I really think Noble is the key to getting the best from Trundle.

I think it is something stupid like 12 mins or something. I think the only game I can remember them both starting was the one where Nobes went off early injured (just for a change!). All other games, I'm sure he's replaced Nobes (probably really easy to disprove this, but i'm in a rush, so can't be bothered!)

The thing is though, that Trundle needs the right ball put into him and Noble is the only one with the vision and talent to put that ball through. That's why we need to see them both together. I really think Noble is the key to getting the best from Trundle.

Agree as we all know Trundle is best in and around the box with the ball at his feet. but did look good when he came on v Watford but don't think he is a midfielder think he would be great just behind Byfield

If Trundle aint fast enough for a striker, how the hell is he a possible left wing replacement? He's left footed i know but he's nowhere near quick enough for a winger.

He did actually say on the left, not left winger. It is possible to play left midfield without being a winger. Helb for Arsenal isnt overly fast, but he can creat.

Both Trundle and Johnson were more impressive than Noble on Saturday which makes you wonder if the constant debates over their merits will go on forever...

May I just mention here that Orr was sloppy on several occasions. I only picked this up by watching a rerun of the game (well, could watch it all day long!).

This si typical example of trying to get players into a team rather than actually having a team of players.

If LJ comes out the team skuse , Noble or Alex Russel(recalled) would be far more sensible and beter replacments for him. Trundle needs to play upfront or in the hole, the left hand side of an upfront 3 in a 4-3-3 possibly but even then probs not best considering his pace.

I think he has and will turn out to be a good signing for the club and the thing i like most about him is his work rate and how he refuses to change his style of play, proves he beleives in himself. Hes a good asset to the squad

Seeing as we don't have a direct replacement for Mcindoe.

If Mcindoe was injuried or suspended, I wouldnt mind seeing Trundle on the left.

Well he spent most of his time on the right wing yesterday and was effective there so I guess it could work.

Archived