IGNORED

Enoch Showumni

Super Scotty Murray

I have to say that I was one of the first to be critical of Gary for deciding to play Enoch ahead of players like Byfield for the Watford game and tonights match. However, the work rate Enoch had tonight was absolutely incredible, and even his touch was magnificent at times.

In my opinion it was one of the best moments of the season when he went off, as the entire crowd stood in unison to clap him off, probably one of the best standing ovations I have ever witnessed at the gate in total appreciation of one of the hardest working performances I have ever seen, that guy gave 110% and more and would have kept going until the end if he had too.

Whats more, he wasnt even MOM tonight, Basso, Carey and Elliott were equally superb and it just shows what a great spine we have to our team now.

This is just total testament to Gary Johnson as both Showumni and Carey have failed in the championship in the past but he has the nack of getting the best out of players and these two are a huge part of our playoff pushing side.

I am so proud to be a city fan tonight, even more than usual. Every single player wants to play their part and the entire club is hopefully now together as one with the board, manager, players and fans all supportive of each other.

Well done Enoch and well done City, long may it continue.

Are you all as happy about City as me right now, because I hope you are, I am loving it!!

but the way he lead the line on this own, reminded abit of the way Drogba does.

I can actually see your point and it was something that was mentioned today,

in Sproule and McIndoe, plus Noble, we have players are more than winning any knock down's and lay'offs from Enoch, if we can get him the ball in the right positions, he can out muscle anyone in this league and create alot of goals for the team.

I have to say that I was one of the first to be critical of Gary for deciding to play Enoch ahead of players like Byfield for the Watford game and tonights match. However, the work rate Enoch had tonight was absolutely incredible, and even his touch was magnificent at times.

In my opinion it was one of the best moments of the season when he went off, as the entire crowd stood in unison to clap him off, probably one of the best standing ovations I have ever witnessed at the gate in total appreciation of one of the hardest working performances I have ever seen, that guy gave 110% and more and would have kept going until the end if he had too.

Whats more, he wasnt even MOM tonight, Basso, Carey and Elliott were equally superb and it just shows what a great spine we have to our team now.

This is just total testament to Gary Johnson as both Showumni and Carey have failed in the championship in the past but he has the nack of getting the best out of players and these two are a huge part of our playoff pushing side.

I am so proud to be a city fan tonight, even more than usual. Every single player wants to play their part and the entire club is hopefully now together as one with the board, manager, players and fans all supportive of each other.

Are you all as happy about City as me right now, because I hope you are, I am loving it!!

Ive been Lovin' It all season...Welcome Aboard

I've just read another post predicting Enoch's exodus in January :noexpression: ....Mr Johnson has gone a long way to promote the right spirit in the squad so I will predict that its not very likely...Well done to Enoch keeping Darren Byefield and Lee Trundle on the bench is no mean feet and the plaudits above (and around) are very much desrved :clapping:

Spot on. Enoch was like a man posessed! Its great to watch players put in that much effort.

Very very impressed by Enoch last night - he combined two qualities that I had not seen him combine ina performance - his closing down was fantastic and we have seen that part of his game before but tonight he held the ball up very well too - it allowed the midfield to catch up with him and let us dominate in the first half - his holding up of the ball is something that has been lacking but last night he showed us that if he can do this consistently then the other strikers will have to wait in line for a place.

LT did a great job of holding up the ball when he came on and Byfield didnt close the ball down - which was a bit of a disappointment but one of the reasons why Enoch gets the nod over him.

Its amazing what a goal can do for confidence. After Enoch scored on Saturday he seems to be a changed man. I noticed during the Watford match that he was more effective after he'd scored.It was good to see him rough up hard man Danny Shittu - not many strikers do that. He seemed to find and extra fuel tank and carried that into last nights game.

I can't remember seeing him play like that before.He never stopped chasing and closing down and really deserved a goal.If Enoch can maintain this current form he could end up top scorer.

I'll admit I was a doubter of Enoch when he has started recently, and a lot of talent has been left sitting on the bench, but this is a new Enoch!!!!

He seems to have come back from a fairly long injury fitter and tougher both mentally and physically. He has bulked out a bit and looks pretty frightening on the pitch!!! He looks hungry and interested and has rightly kept his starting place. I was proud to clap him last night.

It's good to see GJ reward players for their efforts and shows the importance of competition for places. To be fair though I'd have liked Jevons to have had a couple of games, just so I could be satisfied in my mind that he has been tried and we won't overlook him. I doubt now that I'll ever know somehow.

absolute solid gold performance last night, I never really rated him highly but fair play to the lad he was my man of the match last night.

Favourite bit was in the second half when Ipswich were knocking the ball about and no one was closing them down, then all of a sudden Enoch comes charging in and wipes through the Ipswich player and knocks the ball into the crowd!

I was mightily impressed with his performance at Watford. The way he unsettled one of teh best best centre-backs in this league, in Danny Shittu, was awesome. I personally thought that would've taken it out of him and effected his performance last night but again I thought he was brilliant last night and deserved a goal. If he took that chance at the end of the first half then it would've been one of the greatest individual performances up front I've seen in a while.

Very, very impressive...

Archived