IGNORED

Basso

Red 1963

Just watched Basso's post match interview on World. You have to love this guy, not only is he a great keeper but he is so humble. He never tried to take credit for his performance, but talked about how it's a team game and said how City always work together for each victory.

Just watched Basso's post match interview on World. You have to love this guy, not only is he a great keeper but he is so humble. He never tried to take credit for his performance, but talked about how it's a team game and said how City always work together for each victory.

Nah, for humility give me "######in 'ell Phillips" EVERY time!

(but then spose he's got plenty to be humble about)

I've just seen it to and was going to start a thread saying just the same thing - quality character. Lots of people are saying how good things are at the moment, best time to be a supporter for 30 years etc ... it seems to me that the transition from Phillips to Basso has epitomised that change ... humble, confident, team-centred ... and good. The dressing room has been key to our success, I posted at half-time at Hull 'remember Northampton' and it seems that the spirit showed there which, in the end, defined last season has been evident again, its characters like Basso who that is down to.

I loved his 'don't base your confidence on the circumstances' comments as well, seems to me his inner strength and faith makes a real difference to him (but then i would say that wouldn't I ) :):innocent06:

Archived