IGNORED

One Less Rival?

Barrs Court Red

they're not doomed - just like Bardiff they've fiddled their way out of administration for years - can you remember a time when they weren't on the brink? because I can't!

Maybe you've missed out on the point, they've been in administration twice already. You can't go into admin a third time.

It was take over or bust.

They are seriously close to going into liquidation :surrender:

I honestly don't know, but i think if one packs it in then others will think they might aswell pack it in aswell.

I imagine what it means is that creditors would think that they've got even smaller chance of getting their money back eventually and will push for liquidation instead of allowing doomed clubs to solider on in administration.

I can not phathom how the current state of Football can sustain it's lifestyle indefinately. The pressure on each Club to succeed and the money involved is quite rediculous..... we'll see like, but the bubble's going to have to burst sooner or later and when it does things could get very messy.

Swindle have had this coming, maybe it's the wake up call the game needs.

Time for a big re-think from the authoreties me thinks.

As much as people don't like swindon, if they go bust, then another club, then another club, then another club etc etc ew could end up with no teams to play bar ones with sugar daddys

Or football clubs will start to realise that wages are to high and start to collectivley sort the game out by all them as one starting to live within their means!!!!! They all managed to do it for the first hundred years of football, before they all tried to make a quick buck and thinking that clubs can be a business to make money out of, they're not!They're Trusts ran by directors for the benefit of the fans!!!!

Or football clubs will start to realise that wages are to high and start to collectivley sort the game out by all them as one starting to live within their means!!!!! They all managed to do it for the first hundred years of football, before they all tried to make a quick buck and thinking that clubs can be a business to make money out of, they're not!They're Trusts ran by directors for the benefit of the fans!!!!

maybe the fa will look at giving all the money in the game to more teams than just those in the premier.

thats the only way to stop clubs going out of buisness.

make it a level playing field.

cant see it happening through.

I can not phathom how the current state of Football can sustain it's lifestyle indefinately. The pressure on each Club to succeed and the money involved is quite rediculous..... we'll see like, but the bubble's going to have to burst sooner or later and when it does things could get very messy.

Time for a big re-think from the authoreties me thinks.

I think you're absolutely correct in your assessment - I think the root of all evil is the premiership - it feels like a world league playing in England i.e. the most money (£1.7billion), the biggest watched live and on tv in the world with average players getting paid the most in the world etc... etc... Having a "world league" played in England in it's self is not the problem - the problem is that it is in a pyramid where all clubs in England can aspire to get in the "world league".

The authorities need to sort it out - I think this can fall in to two categories - firstly the FA and what they can do about it - and the answer I'm afraid in the capitalist free market country is that they wont do anything to stop clubs going into administration or liquidation - they just havent got the clout or the balls to do it. The other authority that will definitely do something about it is the Inland Revene - they are owed a shed load of money and each time a club goes into administration they hate it - they will make a club pay for it one day and make them go into liquidation and then it will me a domino effect with clubs or a huge wake up call to the leagues to stop the possibility of all these clubs going under - expect wage capping interms of players can only be paid upto 75% of turnover etc... (not the voluntary one we have got now but an enforsed one).

Maybe this is the year that the Inland Revenue gets tough on football.

Maybe you've missed out on the point, they've been in administration twice already. You can't go into admin a third time.

It was take over or bust.

They are seriously close to going into liquidation :surrender:

I hear you but It will not happen-It never does!

I'm sure a solution will be found at the 11th hour.

This time I think clubs will go bust , for those of you who watch the news you will know we are economically in what is called a credit crunch as the worlds banks have ****ed up big time , so that in turn will mean the banks will be looking to cut back lending to potential bad debtors , this position is going to last for some time , why do you think Coventry said to their potential buyer you have one month or we go in to administration ? They couldn't pay wages on time this month , clearly their bankers have said its one more month and thats it.

Swindon might be the first but they won't be the last.

As to others try Cardiff , Norwich , Southampton .........??????????

That's what some people said about Bristol City 25 years ago.

A few years ago Sheppard & Hall at Newcastle said it was essential to qualify for Europe simply to pay the following season's wages. Club Directors are (usually) successful businessmen, but stop acting shrewdly when at their local club.

In the mid 80s following a League Championship, Liverpool admitted they had paid more £££ in wages than they got through the gate!

Archived