IGNORED

Wilkshire The Key - Again?

richieb

While I the whole team deserved the plaudits today, I can't help thinking that SM came into his own when LW entered the fray.

Without doubt LW can find a player, if & when the movement is there.

Tinnion, had an ok game & contributed his usual quality, but I was gald to see LW come off the bench & give an allround performance when he came on.

Only another 6 games like today & we are there.

We all have the right to have a pop, when things are not good, but today we must praise the team, Manager & fans for what was a superb effort.

Fact is we can produce it & don't expect anything less. :dunno:

Guest DANBOY_BCFC

Thought he was very good at Port Vale and should not have been taken off, deffo a natural replacement for Tinman when needed.

Guest Shaunyb

sir danny wilson did not sign luke 2 play on the right wing 4 the rest of his city career he def bought him as a replayment for tinman.

although we dont like 2 think it tinman cant play 4 ever and some body gotta be able 2 hit a 40 yard ball with pin point acc.

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
some body gotta be able 2 hit a 40 yard ball with pin point acc.
Thats me!

Still waiting for the scouts to come see me on sundays or at Pro 5 on Monday nights!!

To be honest I was disapointed to see Tinnion substituted and he looked a little suprised when he saw his number 11 come up.

City were very much in control and keeping QPR very subdued in midfield at the time and didn't see why it was necessary to change anything at all.As it happened it all worked out OK come the final whistle but if it had all gone wrong then the usual questions about Wilson "dodgy" substitutions would have come up again.

That said,Wilkshire did OK when he came on but I didn't think he offered anything more than Tinnion.

Thats me!

Still waiting for the scouts to come see me on sundays or at Pro 5 on Monday nights!!

Your not aloud over head height at pro5. :P So the scouts would be no use watching u there. :D :D

I thought LW was pretty good when he came on, done what he had to do really and nice to see someone get some long shots in for a change, even if they did both go over. :D

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
Your not aloud over head height at pro5. :P So the scouts would be no use watching u there. :D :D

I thought LW was pretty good when he came on, done what he had to do really and nice to see someone get some long shots in for a change, even if they did both go over. :D

We have a player who is 8 ft 11, we determine head height to be at his level!

Also I dont even know if the pitch at Pro 5 is even 40 yrds long, never mind!

Guest Bootylicious

Totally agree, Richie.

At last we have someone who will actually move for the ball, which should allow LW to justify his creative midfielder tag.

I wouldnt be surprised if DW was soon to 'drop' Tins and play Wilkshire and Docs in the middle. I think that has the makings of a superb midfield, what with Murray down the right aswell.

That said,Wilkshire did OK when he came on but I didn't think he offered anything more than Tinnion.

LW looked far more of an attacking threat when he came on.

Far more proactive when it comes to the opposing box.

Tinnion tends to sit a little deeper & 'huffs & puffs' more than he ever used to. (not surprising though!)

Thought it was quite a bold move by DW as LW is not known for his defensive abilities & he could well have gone for JB & as previously tried to do, hold onto the 1-0 lead. :D

Guest Bootylicious
Wilkshire is a player for the future definitely. What about that pass that cut QPR's defence to bits and put Murray through? Sublime.
'Premiership class' fct! :D

Guest Bootylicious
Are you referring to his class or looks, Bootylicious??? :P A replacement for Clist methinks???
I have to say he is definately 'premiership class' in the looks department :D

Clist, however, was / is 'international class'.

Well, i can dream cant i! :D

Guest bemmyred

I have said in previous postings that alot of Wilkshires work is wasted because of the lack of ability of others to read his moves, but with Murray he now has an outlet in which to produce those incisive through balls as demonstrated with Brown for his goal against Swindon.

Tinnion has struggled for the last month and it is obvious to see that the majority of his good work is mainly produced around the half way line and not in the areas where it hurts, in the last third.

Lets hope that Murrays introduction is the making of Wilkshire and can show us the talent that he undoubtedly has.

Tinnion does alot of defensive work in front of the back 4 - something that Wilkshire doesn't do as effectively and Tinnion gets forward as well,no wonder he "huffs and puffs".

What Wilkshire offers in terms of attacking is off set by his lack of defensive qualities. Same as G'fellow....

Guest Red_Rat

Have to agree, yesterday Wilkshire was class,even though he wasn't on for long.

I have't been his biggest fan,but yesterday gave me a lot of optimism about the rest of the season and beyond with him in the side.

I feel he should have a song created;

Any suggestions?

Guest bemmyred
Tinnion does alot of defensive work in front of the back 4 - something that Wilkshire doesn't do as effectively and Tinnion gets forward as well,no wonder he "huffs and puffs".

What Wilkshire offers in terms of attacking is off set by his lack of defensive qualities. Same as G'fellow....

What is Dohertys role then if you dont mind me asking?

Your thinking is too much to that of Wilsons, more defensive than OFFENSIVE!

So with Tinnion & Docherty we have a more solid unit defensively? :P:D

So often this season & it showed yesterday, when we broke, both TD & BT were still getting out of defence & the gap between attack & midfield is often too much.

I agree with an earlier comment, Tinnion tends to be very much a defensive midfielder & does much of his work around the centre circle.Yep does have an excellent left peg, but prefers to pick out long pass rather than the pass & go footy.

Tinnion can find SM with a racking pass, but I reckon even more options could open up for LW & SM.

I would start with LW & have BT in reserve, if we need to shore up the middle. :P

What is Dohertys role then if you dont mind me asking?

Your thinking is too much to that of Wilsons, more defensive that OFFENSIVE!

Its Dochertys' role to protect the 4 which means he's largely confined to the center circle and can't get forward very often due to his defensive responsibilities.Tinnion is a box to box player who has a freer role to both defend when required and to get forward when he can.

Thats the difference.

Its Dochertys' role to protect the 4 which means he's largely confined to the center circle and can't get forward very often due to his defensive responsibilities.Tinnion is a box to box player who has a freer role to both defend when required and to get forward when he can.

Thats the difference.

Yep, Tinnion does make the odd move forward, but I would say he is more of a box to centre circle player.You very rarely seem him pass & move towards the opposing box.

As I have said, he has been brought up on his skill in spraying the ball to either wing from the centre circle.

Gets the crowd going with his charges at opposing players in an attempt to retrieve the ball.

No probs with what Tinnion does & much credit to his abilities, but I just feel that the time may have come to use him from the bench, when the game needs slowing down & defence shored up.

:D

• Admin

No probs with what Tinnion does & much credit to his abilities, but I just feel that the time may have come to use him from the bench, when the game needs slowing down & defence shored up.

:D

....and when his balls to the wingers behind the fullbacks fully takes advantage of tired legs amongst the opposition's defenders. (Murrays has shown over the years that he doesn't suffer late in games scoring a large proportion of his goals late on)

Archived