IGNORED

Mcindoe

DANRPDAN

I can't remember reading a post about how lucky we are to have a great left sided player in MM.

I've seen six games so far and he has had that extra bite that we have needed in each and every game I have seen.

And boy he loves to wind the other team up. I know Elliott has been a star so far but let's not forget McIndoe.

Up the City

:englandflag:

I admit that I had some doubts about MM when Johnson signed him - mainly because of him having so many clubs in a relatively short period.It suggesed that he can't settled or is a disruptive type and bad for team morale.

However he has proved to be another Johnson astute signing and put in some very steady performances all season.He works very hard and covers lots of ground.

Unlike most wide players McIndoe has some consistancy about his game and he turns up every time.

Michael McIndoe has been an essential part of what has happened this season. His experience at this level, which is something many of the players lacked, has been vital, and as you say he has turned up for every game and been consistently good.

His renaissance at City is testimony not just to his ability but that of Gary Johnson. GJ has proven himself time and again to be a manager capable of getting the most out of players by giving them a chance to make a new start, motivating them to succeed, breeding loyalty and belief, and then giving them the stage to show what they can do - whether it be McIndoe, Elliott, Byfield or Showunmi.

How Wolves, Millwall and even Luton must have been left wondering why they let those players fester. They've all been inspired in their play since joining City. GJ has an eye spotting for a talented player who has lost his way and whose career he thinks he can revive. And City, as well as the players involved, reap to benefit. All those players I mentioned have proven their ability and made their point, and they are all enjoying their football again. And I'm damned well enjoying watching it too.

After years of having making do with right footed players playing left side you can see the difference it makes to the balance of the team having a naturally left footed player, especialy when partnered with a left footed full back ( when he's not sent off or suspended!) it also means we have other options than hoofball.

Also agree with another post about his effort and attitude. Even during the mauling at Ipswich he was one City player whose head didn't drop for the whole 90 minutes. Like many, I was a bit worried about his "bad boy" reputation when he came her, but whatever GJ has done/said seems to have done the job.

Although we all recognise the need to get our strikers scoring regularly, I think that sucess this season could be determined by whether GJ can get Ivan to perform as consistenly as MM.

I think he's a class act. All the negative press he got about previous misdemeanors when he joined has been proved rubbish with his performances for us. As well as adding genuine width and balance to the left-side, his experience and ambition at this level is proving handy as well.

Just hope he keeps his word when he was quoted as saying 'he wants to lay down some roots now' when he joined.

While I understand that Basso, Carey and Elliot tend to stand out because of the roles they play, and they've been brilliant, I reckon MM has been as consistent as anyone in the side. Certainly the most intelligent footballer we have and to all the strengths rightly listed on this thread I would add that he hardly ever gives the ball away and does some great defensive work too.

Archived