IGNORED

In The Interest Of Balance

Gaffer

Apologies for starting a LJ thread, as he gets far too much coverage on this forum as it is! However, as a lot of people will only be able to see the home games and read this forum, i thought it would be sensible to highlight his excellent performace yesterday.

In my opinion, Lee Johnson had his best game of the season against Plymouth, in tough conditions against an experienced midfield. He was industrious, clever and has added a tenatious edge to his game. Some of his passes were top drawer and he 'kept the ball moving' well throughout the game. I only counted one attempt to 'nick' the ball as opposed to 4 or 5 full blown challenges. It is interesting to note, that as his performances have improved since Hull, so have our results. Elliott and Johnson are forming a good partnership now, one that i wish will continue.

Well done Lee.

Apologies for starting a LJ thread, as he gets far too much coverage on this forum as it is! However, as a lot of people will only be able to see the home games and read this forum, i thought it would be sensible to highlight his excellent performace yesterday.

In my opinion, Lee Johnson had his best game of the season against Plymouth, in tough conditions against an experienced midfield. He was industrious, clever and has added a tenatious edge to his game. Some of his passes were top drawer and he 'kept the ball moving' well throughout the game. I only counted one attempt to 'nick' the ball as opposed to 4 or 5 full blown challenges. It is interesting to note, that as his performances have improved since Hull, so have our results. Elliott and Johnson are forming a good partnership now, one that i wish will continue.

Well done Lee.

I think the old man has had a word because it has been noticable that LJ is now putting his foot into tackles - there was one occasion yesterday when he gave the ball away, got the needle about it, and flew into a full blooded tackle winning the ball. That is far better than what we have seen at times earlier in the season. The only criticism I would have of the midfield as a whole yesterday was that they should have been looking to get the ball out to Sproule far more often who had both the full-back and the covering winger in his back pocket. Had we got Sproule (who set a new standard for himself yesterday) into the game more often in the second half I think we would have won comfortably.

I think the old man has had a word because it has been noticable that LJ is now putting his foot into tackles - there was one occasion yesterday when he gave the ball away, got the needle about it, and flew into a full blooded tackle winning the ball. That is far better than what we have seen at times earlier in the season. The only criticism I would have of the midfield as a whole yesterday was that they should have been looking to get the ball out to Sproule far more often who had both the full-back and the covering winger in his back pocket. Had we got Sproule (who set a new standard for himself yesterday) into the game more often in the second half I think we would have won comfortably.

I think you're spot on here. In the first half Sproule was beating his man everytime, but for some reason we didn't get him the ball enough in the second period. He is really settled now, and i believe his position is surely nailed on. Interesting to see how his career has snowballed, he was working as an engineer in Owmah as recently as Jan 2005!

Also, notice how a positive thread on Lee Johnson gets hardly any responces..... :whistle2:

Johnson's form is up and down, however there is no doubting his best football comes away from home, no doubt when he doesn't have "certain pressures" on him, which is why the normal few critics are quick to hammer him.

unfortunately it doesn't help though that he has no genuine competiton for his position, something that needs to be sorted in Jan

Johnson's form is up and down, however there is no doubting his best football comes away from home, no doubt when he doesn't have "certain pressures" on him, which is why the normal few critics are quick to hammer him.

unfortunately it doesn't help though that he has no genuine competiton for his position, something that needs to be sorted in Jan

Agreed Johnson's best games are away from home. However, i thought he had a poor(ish) game saturday. Many of you will know i try and defend Lee as much as possible but i thought it wasnt his best game yesterday. Gave the ball away a few times which nearly led to goals most of the time. To his credit though he did make some good tackles and good runs. Probably get slated for this but oh well.

I think you're spot on here. In the first half Sproule was beating his man everytime, but for some reason we didn't get him the ball enough in the second period. He is really settled now, and i believe his position is surely nailed on. Interesting to see how his career has snowballed, he was working as an engineer in Owmah as recently as Jan 2005!

Also, notice how a positive thread on Lee Johnson gets hardly any responces..... :whistle2:

Sproule puts so much into his game with his tracking back and exhausting sprints that he gets knackered after an hour or so. Thats why he gets subbed. He was very dangerous in the first half and almost nicked a goal off a rebound in the second.

As for Lee Johnson at Plymouth - did very well as did everyone else. As for it being 'his best game'. I'm not so sure. Too many misplaced passes to qualify for that accolade.

Archived