IGNORED

Reading Want Johnson

WarksRed

how long has his contract got to go? End of Season I believe? we need to get him signed up asap! if he wants to stay that is.

if he doesn't want to sign, then Jan is the time to cash in on him, personally speaking I'd be disapointted to see him go, but it just goes to that some people actually in the know think he is a good player, others just hammer him because of who he is.

If it's true, then sell him. A bid of £400k would do the job nicely though if we can milk them for more, we should do that... :whistle2:

WHAT? been a key player this season so far and we have no cover for his position and you reckon just flog him?

if we have found a suitable replacement then fair enough, but to just sell him when we have no one else for his positoin is just stupid

I cannot believe people would be happy for Lee Johnson to be sold.

Just to recap...

We are fourth in the Championship with Lee Johnson in the team. Are people suggesting we're underachieving and would be higher if he was dropped/sold?

Gary Johnson has guided Bristol City to promotion in his first full season and has our club fourth in the Championship almost midway through his second. Lee Johnson was an integral part of that promotion team and has been a mainstay in the team that has achieved what they have thus far this season.

You'd think Gary Johnson might have earnt the right for people to trust his judgement a little more by now.

What David "gets knackered after an hour" Noble?

Great for the role just behind the Striker,

wouldn't have the legs for Lee Johnson's role.

rather have noble than lee "can't pass or tacle to save my life " johnson

yes nobes might be a bit off the pace but he will not get fit with out more time on the pitch. with out a doubt noble is one of the best players in the squad. i would much rather have noble elliot skuse and russell ahead of lee

Just to recap...

We are fourth in the Championship with Lee Johnson in the team. Are people suggesting we're underachieving and would be higher if he was dropped/sold?

Gary Johnson has guided Bristol City to promotion in his first full season and has our club fourth in the Championship almost midway through his second. Lee Johnson was an integral part of that promotion team and has been a mainstay in the team that has achieved what they have thus far this season.

You'd think Gary Johnson might have earnt the right for people to trust his judgement a little more by now.

I agree with every single word you've written there Edson!

Sadly, there are those on here that are too blinkered to see sense.

Thank God we only have ONE manager!

good enough for the first half, but what about 2nd half when he's knackered and can't run anymore?

We use the money from Lee J's sale to buy an identical looking player with identical skills who we can covertly bring on at half time to replace Noble, thus giving us a full 90 minutes of David Noble goodness!

Either that or Noble finds someway of playing for longer than an hour without becoming ineffective, whichever floats GJ's boat...

yes nobes might be a bit off the pace but he will not get fit with out more time on the pitch. with out a doubt noble is one of the best players in the squad. i would much rather have noble elliot skuse and russell ahead of lee

what do you mean "off the pace" he's been back to fitness for ages! he may be one of the best players, but he is also probably the most unfit, which is no good to anyone, unfortnately in most games the moment we hit the hour mark he can barely walk let alone run anymore, perhaps he though he is having no effect on the performances, we should leave him on to get himself fit? even if it costs us points?

last tuesday was a key example of his lack of fitness, he wasn't involved in the 2nd half and we had no control of the midfield while he was on the pitch, when he went off for trundle we straight away improved, also less said about his performance the better

if I was Gary Johnson, I'd be looking to sell Noble in Jan, not Johnson.

Just to recap...

I would be happy for LJ to go as he is very replacable. He has had good games for us this season but he also had had some shockers too and since his time here he has only been subbed once when clearly he has been the worst player on the pitch.

I will not slag him or the manager off but LJ needs to be dropped for his own good. Noble is fantastic player, and in time Skuse will be to.

When we have 2 capable players who can fill centre midfield, then LJ can go if he wants to.

We use the money from Lee J's sale to buy an identical looking player with identical skills who we can covertly bring on at half time to replace Noble, thus giving us a full 90 minutes of David Noble goodness!

Either that or Noble finds someway of playing for longer than an hour without becoming ineffective, whichever floats GJ's boat...

hmmmm, surely this a positive move for human cloning? with a perfect clone, we could bring on "Dave Noble" in the 2nd half and wouldn't even have to waste a sub? just have to make sure no one see's them both at the same time.

Does Nobel possess LJ's set piece delivery? I think not. Too totally different players if you ask me and what exactly does £400k get you these days without taking a gamble on unproved tallent.

In short, sell him and we'd regret it. Those who travel away and not just moan at him during when we are at home will realise how much of an assett LJ is.

I would be happy for LJ to go as he is very replacable. He has had good games for us this season but he also had had some shockers too and since his time here he has only been subbed once when clearly he has been the worst player on the pitch.

I will not slag him or the manager off but LJ needs to be dropped for his own good. Noble is fantastic player, and in time Skuse will be to.

When we have 2 capable players who can fill centre midfield, then LJ can go if he wants to.

Noble - if he was fit enough he would be good enough possible, but he isn't fit enough for that role at all,

Johnson plays week in, week out because he is our only attacking optiion in that position,

plain and simple

what do you mean "off the pace" he's been back to fitness for ages! he may be one of the best players, but he is also probably the most unfit, which is no good to anyone, unfortnately in most games the moment we hit the hour mark he can barely walk let alone run anymore, perhaps he though he is having no effect on the performances, we should leave him on to get himself fit? even if it costs us points?

last tuesday was a key example of his lack of fitness, he wasn't involved in the 2nd half and we had no control of the midfield while he was on the pitch, when he went off for trundle we straight away improved, also less said about his performance the better

if I was Gary Johnson, I'd be looking to sell Noble in Jan, not Johnson.

Excellent reply!

It would also help DN last longer that 60 mins (max) if he were to keep of the bloomin sauce!!

GJ is no fool and his patience may fast be running out with DN's lack of personal discipline in this respect.

well, i must admit this has surprised me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

:englandsmile4wf:

more evidence that the average city fans knows **** all about football.

JJ is a good footballer and a vital part of our team - which is a team that wins due to balance,work-ethic and organisation rather than individual skills that morons who sit behind me slagging off JJ want to see every touch.

but take my word for it - ask Gary Johnson, ask Steve Coppell....

Why on earth would he move to Reading when he is guarenteed first team football here no matter how well he plays :blink:

Why on earth would Reading want him based on the general concensus on here.

Clearly GJ & SC are not worth of being football managers and everyone on here is :innocent06:

Why on earth would he move to Reading when he is guarenteed first team football here no matter how well he plays :blink:

Two reasons...

one - he wouldn't be playing for his dad,

two - he wouldn't have to tolerate the constant doubting of his ability in the way he does here.

Archived