IGNORED

David Noble - Not Good Enough

old_man_terry

The only reason we play 1 upfront is so gary can play both noble and johnson togever with Elliott.

When we go with 2 upfront he always takes off noble even though he has better games than lee johnson. how can he get 100% fit if he always gets taken off.

2 upfront means its 1 or the other noble or johnson, and i just feel its unfair that Lee always gets to stay on

He takes Noble off because he can't run any more.

You don't need to play 90 minutes to get fit, you can get fit running on your own.

Lee stays on because he's still capable of running past half time.

The only reason we play 1 upfront is so gary can play both noble and johnson togever with Elliott.

When we go with 2 upfront he always takes off noble even though he has better games than lee johnson. how can he get 100% fit if he always gets taken off.

2 upfront means its 1 or the other noble or johnson, and i just feel its unfair that Lee always gets to stay on

Sproule and Showumni came back from absence looking fit, why would Noble be any different?

Noble is an absolutely quality player. Unfortunately he cant last a whole 90 minutes to save his life. But you cannot knock his footballing ability - his reading and application of the game is second to none. Interesting to read in the Hull City programme, there was an interview with Lee Johnson and he said that David Noble was the most talented player in the squad. Despite being slow, you can't let that override the lots of positives. He's definitely one of the first names on the team sheet for me and I actually prefer him to Lee Johnson who despite having a better engine is no way as effective.

I don't think there's any such thing as "naturally fit". Elliott can run for 90 minutes because he's trained himself to run for 90 minutes. Noble can't because he hasn't. I don't think not having had a pre-season matters much either at this stage. He's been injury free for over a month now and he's got all day every day to train - that's more than enough time to get fit.

Noone's doubting Noble's talent, and I agree you don't have to have pace if you're an exceptional footballer, but you absolutely must be able to play a 90 minute game. If he gets fit enough to do that I will be delighted because he clearly has the ability for this level - but why isn't he yet?

hang on - doesnt that mean that anyone can win the marathon, just depends on how hard you work? pretty sure natural athletic talent comes into it somehow!

Marvin had combination of athletic talent and must also work hard in training - Noble definitely doesnt have the former, and don't know enough to have an opinion on the latter.

hang on - doesnt that mean that anyone can win the marathon, just depends on how hard you work? pretty sure natural athletic talent comes into it somehow!

Marvin had combination of athletic talent and must also work hard in training - Noble definitely doesnt have the former, and don't know enough to have an opinion on the latter.

No it means that anyone who puts in the effort can run a marathon. Noble is supposed to be a professional athlete and he couldn't make it half way.

I'm not expecting him to still be making 40 yard sprints in the 95th minute, just to still be mobile.

No it means that anyone who puts in the effort can run a marathon. Noble is supposed to be a professional athlete and he couldn't make it half way.

I'm not expecting him to still be making 40 yard sprints in the 95th minute, just to still be mobile.

yeah, but someone like Marvin could run it under 3 hours with training - whilst noble couldnt even if he training hard for rest of his life. athletic talent/ability is relevant.

yeah, but someone like Marvin could run it under 3 hours with training - whilst noble couldnt even if he training hard for rest of his life. athletic talent/ability is relevant.

Hypothetical marathons aside, athletic talent/ability is completely irrelevant to Noble's inability to run for more than half a game, which was the point being made.

He could last 90 minutes if he got himself fit, anyone could. Why hasn't he?

Hypothetical marathons aside, athletic talent/ability is completely irrelevant to Noble's inability to run for more than half a game, which was the point being made.

He could last 90 minutes if he got himself fit, anyone could. Why hasn't he?

ah well in that case, i agree with you. he should be fitter than he is, definitely.

what i didnt agree with was "I don't think there's any such thing as "naturally fit"." :)

what i didnt agree with was "I don't think there's any such thing as "naturally fit"." :)

I think you misunderstood my point, take a look at what I was replying to originally.

There is no such thing as naturally fit. Marvin Elliott might be a natural athlete (ie pre-disposed to being good at athletics - which is what you're talking about) but he isn't magically going to be fit without training.

The poster I replied to seemed to be implying that some sort of lack of natural fitness is why Noble is out of puff after 45 minutes, and that simply isn't the case. It's lack of training properly and probably lifestyle too, those are things that anyone can sort out irrespective of natural ability.

There are race horses and cart horses, both do a job and get to the line in their own way. Football players are no different, some just need more or different training to do their job.

In the 60's I trained with players with more ability, but there were some of us who were the 90 minute runners, others with sheer brilliance but less stamina.

The common factor was the training, weights, sprints, distance work etc, we all had to do it. Some of us did extra private work.

All I can say is this, some of the players in those days, in my sons days and now in my grandsons day don't live up do their fitness training because they undo the good work by abusing their healthy bodies with their lifestyles. It comes down to ambition, choice or weakness.

Thats all I have to say.

Rednready.

I think you misunderstood my point, take a look at what I was replying to originally.

There is no such thing as naturally fit. Marvin Elliott might be a natural athlete (ie pre-disposed to being good at athletics - which is what you're talking about) but he isn't magically going to be fit without training.

The poster I replied to seemed to be implying that some sort of lack of natural fitness is why Noble is out of puff after 45 minutes, and that simply isn't the case. It's lack of training properly and probably lifestyle too, those are things that anyone can sort out irrespective of natural ability.

life's too short really, isn't it?

it's got to be said though, but long term he doesn't look the answer to me, although he does have some ability his constant lack of fitness and ability to play in the middle just doesn't compare to LJ,

he's a very good impact player to play in the hole, however it's very much a luxury position, between him and Trundle I'd play Trundle in that role anyday.

personally, I'd perfer to have him as a sub, rather than start him, very good impact player to be able to bring on late in the game

Have to agree there, fitness is his main problem, far too many fags! shades of Tom doc me thinks

...does anyone know for sure that his lifestyle is as bad as people seem keen to point out or is it Chinese whispers & people jumping on a bandwagon and assuming so?

(personally cant stand the general demonisation of smokers that seems to be the order of the day in this Country at the moment -smokers aint all bad people, just the same as football supporters aint all hooligans .... that said though I think given the non deniable effects of smoking on physical performance & health etc there is a case for all professional sportsman/womens contracts to include non-smoking clauses as standard)

btw, Nobes what are you doing with Tommy Docs sunglasses ? ...buy yer own you tight git! :sun:

Archived