IGNORED

Half-way House - Time To Think Differently?

mozo

Get 52 points up first, then whatever will be will be.

I would say though, that the strike force in particular would need strengthening

and hope we don't go and do what we did last time in the top flight.....

Three goals from strikers today, and Trunds came close I hear (obviously he needs to get closer sooner or later!).

What will suddenly change in you thinking at 52 points?

Two winnable home games to go and City could realistically be in the top-two after half a season.

I've already seen enough to be confident that we will survive, and the 50 point mark is almost of no significance anymore.

What will it take for you to focus on promotion (there, I said it!)?

To be honest, i was always confident we`d stay up. And that`s pretty much guaranteed now. We can get promotion, but if i`m honest i think it`ll be through the play-offs. I`ve always thought the top 2 would be just a step too far. But play-offs certainly. We have the quality to finish there.

Three goals from strikers today, and Trunds came close I hear (obviously he needs to get closer sooner or later!).

What will suddenly change in you thinking at 52 points?

Survival!. Most important things first. Everything else is a brucie bonus for City-promotion would be even better, but lets take things steady, its worked for us so far very well.

And IF we manage promotion, the strikers like virtually every promoted team would struggle in the top flight, we would need at least one shit hot one from somewhere.

We're easily ready to go up!

Even if we were to drop back to the Championship the very next season, it would be massive and important experience for the squad.

Johnson is excellent in that he does his level best to play the same team every week, and him and Lansdown are sensible enough not to sign players requiring sky-high wages.

A season in the Prem would also improve our financial situation massively.

We're consolidating this season, but doing so at a higher level than we could have dreamed!

Survival!. Most important things first. Everything else is a brucie bonus for City-promotion would be even better, but lets take things steady, its worked for us so far very well.

And IF we manage promotion, the strikers like virtually every promoted team would struggle in the top flight, we would need at least one shit hot one from somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect promotion will happen, but I believe it is now a realistic topic.

Survival is safe. You know that Bucksred. Come on...admit it...

At the start of the season maybe, but the idea that we could fail to pick up 10 points from 23 games does seem a bit silly from here.

Agreed, it's simply ridiculous. We will not be relegated. There I've said it. Time to get over it and be a realist.

Archived