IGNORED

Deh Today.........

pdgifford64

Now i consider myself a fairly easy going person without unrealistic expectations. I`m also well aware that as i live in Gloucester and play golf pretty much every saturday morning there will be occasions when my attempts to meet up with the old man for a pre-match pint in the DEH will depend on how late i get to the ground. I know there`s a limit to the number of people allowed into the hall.

So walking around to the bar at 1355 today with my daughter i was a little perturbed to find myself stood in a queue that had reached the Dolman turnstiles. Christ, must be really busy today, i thought. So i give the old man a quick call on the mobile as he`s already inside. He`s a little surprised to hear that there`s a huge queue outside seeing that the place is only about HALF as full as normal. So with Natalie keeping our place in the queue i wander up to the two knuckleheads at the doors to find out whats happening to be told that the bar was at capacity and they were operating a one out one in system. I pointed out that if they turned around and looked inside it certainly didn`t give the appearance of being anywhere near capacity, being able to see a clear path to the bar was a dead giveaway. But they stuck to their guns.

So.......

On the basis that the club have blatantly oversold bronze memberships i shall be writing to the club to request that mine and Natalies` fivers be refunded.

I don`t have a problem with not being able to get in when the place is full, i knew there was that risk when i paid my fiver. But if todays farce is a taste of things to come then they can stick the DEH where the sun don`t shine..........

........and i don`t hold out much hope of getting our money back either.

Other than that, a great result, second half wasn`t pretty, i`ve played in higher quality park matches but today i`ll gladly take the points over the performance. Onwards and upwards you reds.

PDG

Yep, that may well be the case and in this H&S `where there`s blame there`s a claim` world we now live in i fully understand if thats the situation. However, unless there were a few hundred punters all gathered around the corner out of site and by that i mean a few hundred more than would normally be sat watching the footy, then the capacity must have been reduced to a ridiculously low number.

That makes my request for a refund even more valid i reckon.

PDG

We walked down the length of the huge queue too, people looked like they had been waiting for ages. I've never seen more than a handful of people outside before. We wondered what was being given away free!!!

I don't know what the reason was. We've had bigger crowds without queuing. As for a one in one out policy, well that doesn't really work does it, as once people are in there they don't want to leave until a couple of minutes before the match, they are hardly thinking 'I'd better drink up so some other person can come in'.

I haven't been in there since they started charging for what was previously a ST Holder 'perk', yes it's only £5 but should be free, or so I thought until now! Can you imagine the queue if all ST holders could get in there!!!

The capacity of the DEH is set at 1000 on matchdays plus 200 in the gold bar.

With a gate of only 15000 or so I'm very surprised that you weren't able to get in. I can only guess that the capacity has been reduced and we haven't been told.I can't think of any other explanation.

Archived