IGNORED

Yesterday's Attendance

Flaxbourton Red

The Premier Seating was at best half full :whistle:

But most of it is paid for therefore counted in the attendance.

15.7k is very disappointing. That means that around 3,400 match tickets were sold to City fans. That's awful.

The last time we played Cardiff at home in the league was a night game in the division below and we got 15.6k (which was 4 and a half years ago so I believe used a turnstile count rather than a ticket sale count).

15.7k is very disappointing. That means that around 3,400 match tickets were sold to City fans. That's awful.

The last time we played Cardiff at home in the league was a night game in the division below and we got 15.6k (which was 4 and a half years ago so I believe used a turnstile count rather than a ticket sale count).

It is shocking really and the main reason is the price. £30 on the day is ridiculous.

I thought about that, but would they really count as season tickets given how their usage is dispersed over the season?

I thought about that, but would they really count as season tickets given how their usage is dispersed over the season?

Yes, they definitely count every single season ticket and premier club ticket sold (9600 in total) in every official attendance whether anyone goes or not.

This started happening about 3 years ago I believe, ColinS or SteveL answered the question on here directly at the time.

I'm sure when this came up before then only actual attendees are counted. So a missing ST holder isn't counted.

Edit - it obviously came up more than 3 years ago seeing Nibor's post, it's now changed!

As to the low gate, well:

Price - Colin Sexstone's choice. Price it high for guaranteed revenue rather than filling the ground. I'm sure most of us would do it differently.

Christmas - partly shopping, partly the cost.

What happened to quid a kid? One of Scott Davidson's decent initiatives. Fill the Gate!

I'm sure when this came up before then only actual attendees are counted. So a missing ST holder isn't counted.

No, non-attendees are definitely counted. There is no turnstile count.

As to the low gate, well:

Price - Colin Sexstone's choice. Price it high for guaranteed revenue rather than filling the ground. I'm sure most of us would do it differently.

Christmas - partly shopping, partly the cost.

I'm sure Xmas played a part but this is one of the few games I would have expected us to sell out before the prices were announced.

What happened to quid a kid? One of Scott Davidson's decent initiatives. Fill the Gate!

Colchester Utd on Jan 12th will be quid-a-kid - good move there by the club to help people suffering from post-xmas overdraft disorder make it to the game.

This game was never going to be a sale out. AG can only hold 19500 for whatever reasons. When you take away segregation which was well over 3000 seats then were left with 16000 and we came just short of that.

If they would have gave Cardiff a full allocation which they couldn't anyway and used the EE as overspill then it would have sold out.

As it was nearly all the tickets made available were sold.

This game was never going to be a sale out. AG can only hold 19500 for whatever reasons. When you take away segregation which was well over 3000 seats then were left with 16000 and we came just short of that.

19,500 is the capacity AFTER segregation. We could have had over 19k in there had tickets been sold.

19,500 is the capacity AFTER segregation. We could have had over 19k in there had tickets been sold.
Isn't AG now limited to a 19500 capacity for football due to BCC after what happened at the Millwall game I think it was?

Isn't AG now limited to a 19500 capacity for football due to BCC after what happened at the Millwall game I think it was?

We had 19,517 in there for the Rotherham game and there were seats spare.

We might lose a bit more to segregation for someone like Cardiff but certainly nowhere near 3,000 as you suggest.

1800, not a sad sheep more!

When you think some away fans have had up to 3500 it shows why it was such a p i s s poor crowd.

Well, the bubble trip plays a big part in that.

We had room for another 3-3.5k city fans in there, they'd have just squashed the segregation up a bit more and put a line of coppers down the either side of the netting.

Eh ?

Where does stuff like that come from ?

We have a capacity of 19,500 which the club doesn't want to sell - what other business wouldn't sell all they can ?

The other reason for lower than anticipated attendances is the rip off price of tickets.

The club has cocked it up on all fronts in this regard - but are backtracking faster than an Italian tank.

No Ashton Gate has around 21,500 seats but are limited to 19500 which I assume is the seats between the EE and the Williams.

There was 1700ish Cardiff fans and 250 City fans in the EE which holds 5000. That made segregation in the EE as 3000 seats. So 19500 take away 3000 is 16500.

yes and our attendances have gone up correspondingly.

You watch it shoot up if we're in this position afer Crimbo, like 75-76!

Of course it will shoot up if we're near the top at the end of the season, but the point I'm making is that 15k in 75/76 is the equivalent of 18-19k now so we're actually having much lower gates in real terms. It's like comparing prices, you have to take into account inflation.

Well, the bubble trip plays a big part in that.

We had room for another 3-3.5k city fans in there, they'd have just squashed the segregation up a bit more and put a line of coppers down the either side of the netting.

But if they would have had more City fans' in there at the end of the game it would have gone off proper. Good decision by the club not to use the EE as overspill on this occasion.

No Ashton Gate has around 21,500 seats but are limited to 19500 which I assume is the seats between the EE and the Williams.

There was 1700ish Cardiff fans and 250 City fans in the EE which holds 5000. That made segregation in the EE as 3000 seats. So 19500 take away 3000 is 16500.

You're double counting 2,000 seats. (In both your 21500-19500 and your EE sums).

The segregation could have been much smaller and would have been if the tickets were sold.

We can fit 19,500 fans into Ashton gate for football and have done this year. Our capacity has not been reduced since then.

But if they would have had more City fans' in there at the end of the game it would have gone off proper. Good decision by the club not to use the EE as overspill on this occasion.

Of course it wouldn't.

The little chavvy kids that run at the barrier won't do it with a line of coppers there and 2k City fans just the other side of them.

We've had that in there before and no doubt will again before we get a new ground.

Archived