IGNORED

Legal Advice Requested

Chivs

I'm an optimist. I'm a glass half-full guy. My first thought about Global Warming is "Shame about the polar bears but think of all the new pavement cafes"! Every cloud has a etc etc

Except when I'm at Ashton Gate. It induces a terrible fug of pessimism. And it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Recently when Orr stepped up to take the penalty against Ipswich I turned to the bloke behind me and said "He's going to miss this , you know". And just as I said the words "you know" the ball hit the back of the net which made me look stupid but I think I got away with it in all the euphoria.

I spent the rest of the game saying "We need three against this lot. They are a good team. We need to score a third". As it happened we scored one more than needed.

Against Cardiff I said "If Fowler comes on, he will score" and then "Oh no, here he comes" but I'm not sure Fowler touched the ball.

In the very last minute Cardiff get a free kick right on the edge of the box. "You know what's going to happen here, don't you?" I say to the next bloke. The ball ended up in Weale's arms.

This is not a Bristol City thing. Look at my signature. If that's not optimism I don't know what is.

The pessimism thing is just when I'm at Ashton Gate. I lose all reason and cannot be positive however hard I try.

So, can I take out a case against Bristol City FC for "Knowingly and wilfully inducing a sense of pessimism, causing our claimant to abandon all hope of good fortune whilst attending Ashton Gate Stadium"?

I must have a good case and, if your legal advice says I don't, what's the cure?

I'm an optimist. I'm a glass half-full guy. My first thought about Global Warming is "Shame about the polar bears but think of all the new pavement cafes"! Every cloud has a etc etc

Except when I'm at Ashton Gate. It induces a terrible fug of pessimism. And it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Recently when Orr stepped up to take the penalty against Ipswich I turned to the bloke behind me and said "He's going to miss this , you know". And just as I said the words "you know" the ball hit the back of the net which made me look stupid but I think I got away with it in all the euphoria.

I spent the rest of the game saying "We need three against this lot. They are a good team. We need to score a third". As it happened we scored one more than needed.

Against Cardiff I said "If Fowler comes on, he will score" and then "Oh no, here he comes" but I'm not sure Fowler touched the ball.

In the very last minute Cardiff get a free kick right on the edge of the box. "You know what's going to happen here, don't you?" I say to the next bloke. The ball ended up in Weale's arms.

This is not a Bristol City thing. Look at my signature. If that's not optimism I don't know what is.

The pessimism thing is just when I'm at Ashton Gate. I lose all reason and cannot be positive however hard I try.

So, can I take out a case against Bristol City FC for "Knowingly and wilfully inducing a sense of pessimism, causing our claimant to abandon all hope of good fortune whilst attending Ashton Gate Stadium"?

I must have a good case and, if your legal advice says I don't, what's the cure?

Not so sure of you being a glass half full guy .

Sounds like the slippery slope .

The samaritans number in the yellow pages next to number for the Memorial Stadium :10_1_108:

I know the feeling too 'cause at Portman Road, everytime we lost the ball and Ipswich attacked I thought to myself "they're going to score here"

............and they did!

Don't worry Chivs, Dr Bernie here.

It's a pavlovian thing. You are so used the worst happening, as prior to December 2005 it usually did.

You need closure on your condition. Then put a photo of Gary J and Keith Millen in full battle cry on your bedside table and a pic of Louis Carey & Steve L under your pillow. Then I recommend getting photos of each of the following:

Tony Thorpe

Peter Beadle

Lea Peacock

Tommy Docherty

Danny Wilson

Pulis

Danny Coles

Leroy Lita

Brian Tinnion (in his managers suit)

Steve Phillips

and anyone else you feel you could rely on as not very good in a tight corner, and ceremonially disgard their image up the chimney by fire, or cut up with scissors, or flushed down the toilet, or tied to the back of a helium balloon into space.

All the while chanting, "Despite my greatest hopes, my beloved Bristol City used to continually disappoint me. Now that my hopes are pinned to hard working winners, I will feel positive, fullfilled and energised, these people will fulfill my dreams and in fact my life has already improved as a result" 10-15 times should be fine, and repeat when you go to sleep and when you wake up each morning pretty well until the worst happens and we lose our manager or chairman....

Hope that helps!

Don't know and don't care.

But please keep making your predictions of doom for the City, Mystic Mug, since whatever you forecast appears not to happen.

In fact, would you mind predicting that I don't win the lottery this Saturday. Thanks. I'll give you a share.*

* A very, very small one.

Well, apart from the good and kindly Dr Bernie, most of you seem to think that I should continue to feel the pessimism.

In effect, you are saying I should "take one for the team". Yeah and Merry Christmas to all of you as well. :xmas:

I know this will come as a great consolation to some but I do think we're due a slip up against Barnsley on Saturday.

Redtop (2,4,14,36,39,49 - 5), please pass on my share to 22A.

Well, apart from the good and kindly Dr Bernie, most of you seem to think that I should continue to feel the pessimism.

In effect, you are saying I should "take one for the team". Yeah and Merry Christmas to all of you as well. :xmas:

I know this will come as a great consolation to some but I do think we're due a slip up against Barnsley on Saturday.

Redtop (2,4,14,36,39,49 - 5), please pass on my share to 22A.

Thought it only happens when your at the gate!

Yawn....I Had a very nice roast dinner with lots of gravy yesterday.......

Hi Clive,

I see you're an optometrist, so pleased I bumped into you, any chance of booking in for an eye test any time soon? I like the sound of your glasses at half price too. :cool2:

Hi Clive,

I see you're an optometrist, so pleased I bumped into you, any chance of booking in for an eye test any time soon? I like the sound of your glasses at half price too. :cool2:

Hi Uriah,

You certainly were a little whistle happy on Saturday and I fear you need more than a new set of glasses.

:tounge:

Archived