IGNORED

Potential Players To Look At In January

formerly known as ivan

watching the big weekend 2 last night, had a bit on their about carlisle and their striker joe garner.

looks a very decent prosect after they signed him from blackburn in the summer. only 19 years old, quick, knows how to find the net and definitely one for the future.

any other players out there you think we should check out?

watching the big weekend 2 last night, had a bit on their about carlisle and their striker joe garner.

looks a very decent prosect after they signed him from blackburn in the summer. only 19 years old, quick, knows how to find the net and definitely one for the future.

any other players out there you think we should check out?

players that can cut it in the premiership :whistle2:

How about Cardiff's Thompson?

Yes, I do remember the sending off! He's on the transfer list, has fallen out with Jones (probably even more so after Saturday) and we are local. Everyone keeps asking for a Championship quality striker - well - here's one on the transfer list. Now, if only Cardiff would sell him to their rivals...

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke. He's about the only forward I've been impressed with at Ashton Gate this season (including our own :unsure: ).

I have a vague feeling someone said he is transfer listed?!?

Fuller is a quality Championship striker, but their are always concerns over his fitness, following countless knee problems. He's also a bit feisty on the discipline side, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Fuller

A player who may become available in January, is Derby's Steve Howard, who would certainly pass muster as a Championship battering ram, similar to Charlton's Chris Iwelumo.

If we could purchase that type of forward, plus a scoring speed merchant, then a play-off berth can be secured.

Mind you, it all feels a bit like writing a Christmas list for Santa, don't you think?

If we could purchase that type of forward, plus a scoring speed merchant...

We would have done

Mind you, it all feels a bit like writing a Christmas list for Santa, don't you think?

I tend to rule out people who have signed for their clubs in the last 6 months so as much as i like either of the Carlisle strikers (Garner and Graham) it won't be happening. If McLeod can't cut it at Charlton why do we want him? He's not even proven at league 1 level. Billy Sharp again only recently signed and we have no idea if he wants to move south or is even up for sale.

We have the players who don't score goals but work hard already up front so i don't see the point in going for anyone unless they're top quality (for this league) And then there's the £2-£4 million price tag for those sort of players. GJ rates Brooker so he'll get the chance at some point too.

I really don't think there's people available to strengthen up front in the way we want to.

Forgive me for not knowing the contents of Pete Johnson's diary, but who on earth are they?

Aaron Burns was released by Man U, nearly signed for Cardiff but for some obscure registration c**k up is only able to play for FC United until January.

Mooney is Longford's top scorer in Ireland.

There were news articles about us being interested in both a few weeks ago.

Aaron Burns was released by Man U, nearly signed for Cardiff but for some obscure registration c**k up is only able to play for FC United until January.

Mooney is Longford's top scorer in Ireland.

There were news articles about us being interested in both a few weeks ago.

Thanks.

Careful, you might get someone calling you patronising :innocent06:

Errrr why?

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke. He's about the only forward I've been impressed with at Ashton Gate this season (including our own :unsure: ).

I have a vague feeling someone said he is transfer listed?!?

you have got to be joking? He was the lump who lay on the pitch in protest when he didnt get his offside decision a few weeks back? hardly a Johnson player?

Sorry i meant we as fans rather than we as a club.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you.

We won't be buying a proven goalscorer at this level, as you say that means investing millions.

I'd be quite happy to see a promising young quick goalscorer and a central midfielder to compete with Johnson brought in.

the two players playing for peterbrough.

banging in the goals this season.

McLean and Mikail-Smith? Read somewhere the other day that Charlton are looking to buy both of them in January.

Archived