IGNORED

Potential Players To Look At In January

formerly known as ivan

He's nearly 19, if he was that good shouldn't he be in the full national team or at least the under 21s?

The next time someone sees Ivan Sproule out and about ask him what he thinks of Riordan and report back. That'd tell us so much about a potential deal.

National team at 19?? We are talking about the Swedish national team, not the English : ) Anyway, this guy is really good, far better than Kjertan Finnbogason. Has been linked with Udinese (yes, he's got an agent). Will probably end up playing in the qualification rounds to The Champions League with IFK Gothenburg next season.

I'd be quite happy to see a promising young quick goalscorer and a central midfielder to compete with Johnson brought in.

That's what i think too.

Someone of the ilk of Nicky Bailey or David Edwards and an Arron Burns, Stuart Fleetwood, David Mooney type would be what i expect.

National team at 19?? We are talking about the Swedish national team, not the English : ) Anyway, this guy is really good, far better than Kjertan Finnbogason. Has been linked with Udinese (yes, he's got an agent). Will probably end up playing in the qualification rounds to The Champions League with IFK Gothenburg next season.

friend of mine has a season ticket at Udinese... I thought about asking him but might be best to keep quiet about it.

not sure if this was picked up... and not sure it would be a good move either but what it probably shows is BCFC are indeed looking to bring in a striker sometime soon.....

from skysports.com web site 11th dec....

Bolton, along with West Brom, Queens Park Rangers and Bristol City, are all thought to be tracking Tyson and all clubs had representatives watch the former Reading trainee in action against Brighton last Friday, when he scored two goals.

that is Tyson from Forest.

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke. He's about the only forward I've been impressed with at Ashton Gate this season (including our own :unsure: ).

I have a vague feeling someone said he is transfer listed?!?

Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller is set to sign a new long-term contract at the Britannia Stadium as the club begin to step up their promotion bid...says teamtalk web site.

Ricardo Fuller of Stoke. He's about the only forward I've been impressed with at Ashton Gate this season (including our own :unsure: ).

I have a vague feeling someone said he is transfer listed?!?

Are you all taking the mick? He looked nothing but lazy and had an attitude problem when he came to Ashton Gate. Didn't he go something like 9 games without any goals and starting every single game recently aswell? Doesn't sound like City material to me.

Are you all taking the mick? He looked nothing but lazy and had an attitude problem when he came to Ashton Gate. Didn't he go something like 9 games without any goals and starting every single game recently aswell? Doesn't sound like City material to me.

9 games without scoring - sounds JUST like city material to me!

I would like to see, 1 of..

Roman Bednar (He will probably sign permanent for West Brom though)

Gregrorz Rasiak :fingerscrossed:

Billy Sharp

Danny webber?

Mackail-smith - Peterborough

Mark Randall- Arsenal youngster/ creative midfielder, worth a loan??

Bednar: He the one who scored against Charlton saturday?

Rasiak isnt reawlly scoring for Southampton. Not sure if he plays much.

Billy Sharp hasnt done anything this season.

Danny Webber. Isnt he at Watford?

Mackail-Smith. don't know much about him to be honest.

Mark Randall, never heard of him to be honest.

Bednar: He the one who scored against Charlton saturday?

Rasiak isnt reawlly scoring for Southampton. Not sure if he plays much.

Billy Sharp hasnt done anything this season.

Danny Webber. Isnt he at Watford?

Mackail-Smith. don't know much about him to be honest.

Mark Randall, never heard of him to be honest.

And the post count goes up by another...

Back to the matter in hand...

Just noticed this story on the BBC site today. With the likes of Brian Stock being mentioned to give us more options in midfield (rightly so imo, Stock is class) this bloke might be worth a look. Granted the article indicates a desire to return to Scotland, but considering the guy is a full international with SPL games under his belt might be worth a look...

Back to the matter in hand...

Just noticed this story on the BBC site today. With the likes of Brian Stock being mentioned to give us more options in midfield (rightly so imo, Stock is class) this bloke might be worth a look. Granted the article indicates a desire to return to Scotland, but considering the guy is a full international with SPL games under his belt might be worth a look...

Glad someone finally got there.

Anyway. He sounds like a decent prospect, but, would he be good enough to compete IF we did get promoted?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but who does Brian Stock play for? For some reason i'm thinking Doncaster?

Glad someone finally got there.

Anyway. He sounds like a decent prospect, but, would he be good enough to compete IF we did get promoted?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but who does Brian Stock play for? For some reason i'm thinking Doncaster?

Considering this new that broke about 5 minutes ago 'd suggest one of Ian Murray's potential avenues just closed too.

I've no idea how good he is, just thought he may be the type of midfielder we could be interested in.

And, yep, Stock plays at Donny.

I'd like to see us sign Fleetwood, perhaps on loan until the end of teh season with the option of buying him then, depending on where we finish and what happens between now and then.

Having said that, I wouldn't be totally unhappy if we signed nobody in January, I think it's more important that we don't lose any key players. I'd like to see players such as Plummer, Artus, Ribeiro etc. given a chance if cover was needed, and for us not to take risks on players such as Fuller/Lita, both of whom would be costly and could have an adverse effect.

I've heard this again today to, from a Glasgow based friend of a friend :dunno:

I've heard nothing myself (I'm in Glasgow too) but it is common knowledge he is being touted about.

He certainly won't be going to Hibs (as has been rumoured0 because it's been said up here one of the main reasons their gaffer just quit was because his directors wouldn't shell out for that very player!

We could do a lot worse and I'd be very pleased if we were to move for him.

Archived