IGNORED

Attendances

Will Rollason

just browsing around and came across this.

link

we seem to be punching our weight with the smaller ground averages but do slightly better as a % of our capacity ( 71%)

Norwich supporters deserve a mention ( or is there nothing else to do in Norwich??)

We are doing ok but not pullin up any trees. to be expected or disapointing?? :dunno:

I dunno why people get obsesed with attendence stats.

The bottom line is that despite the price hikes at the start of the season that overall this season our gates are up. They would have been even higher with a more acceptable potd prices - nuff said.

To compare us with Norwich is hardly accurate.Norwich don't have any other football league clubs sharing their parish nor do they have two premiership rugby clubs nearby with another just up the M5.

I dunno why people get obsesed with attendence stats.

The bottom line is that despite the price hikes at the start of the season that overall this season our gates are up. They would have been even higher with a more acceptable potd prices - nuff said.

To compare us with Norwich is hardly accurate.Norwich don't have any other football league clubs sharing their parish nor do they have two premiership rugby clubs nearby with another just up the M5.

calm down son, :disapointed2se: not obsessed as that would invlove me banging on and on and on and on about a subject until

people on this forum started taking the p i s s wouldnt it ;)

Just interested thats all .Also , (if you had bothered to read what i wrote ) you would see that i thought Norwich supporters deserved some praise for turning out in numbers even though they are struggling and was in no way comparing us to them..

other than that thanks for replying........ :mellow:

Norwich's support is quite frankly awesome considering where they are in the league.

One comment is that most of the stadium capacities look right, but there's no way that Home Park has a capacity of 29,922!

Our average is slightly disappointing IMO. We should be looking at 16-17k average this season. Whether it's down to prices is another debate, but it may go some way to proving the theory that the majority of Bristolians are completely apathetic about their local football teams.

Guest Garfunkle
Norwich's support is quite frankly awesome considering where they are in the league.

One comment is that most of the stadium capacities look right, but there's no way that Home Park has a capacity of 29,922!

Our average is slightly disappointing IMO. We should be looking at 16-17k average this season. Whether it's down to prices is another debate, but it may go some way to proving the theory that the majority of Bristolians are completely apathetic about their local football teams.

maybe we need a drunk female chef on the pitch at halftime to give us a kick up the behind and make more turn up??

edit: sorry meant to say drunk female cook

I've posted this elsewhere, but it takes time.

We've been kicking around, dissappointing people, for years!

If we start to flirt with the prem over the next couple of years then attendances will start to pick up.

Lets just enjoy City being in the Champioship and making a good fist of promotion!

For me, this season we should expect an average of 16,000 give or take a few houndred as it is our first season in the championship. Carry on as we are for the next rew seasons and this will rise, as it would if POTD prices were lower, but if we carry on I think attendances will pick up towards the end of this season. If we are still 3rd with 5 games left I think it would be shocking if we did not sell out every match.

I see SL is on the back of today's EP, again banging on about how we are all moaning part-timers if it's not a sell out

on Saturday.

I understand that some people have to choose their games because of cost, but they have no reason not to attend this game. Do they want us to compete? Do they want us to be challenging in the Premiership? If we want to be a top-level club, then this game has to sell out. It's a challenge for us all

3 days before Xmas & "no reason not to attend this game" - well maybe not if your worth £300m, but I would imagine if you've just spent December's salary on presents and other xmas stuff you may well have a valid excuse. Likewised if you are away visiting relatives.

The more he stresses the importance of this one game as a measure of the club's support, the more he goes down in my estimation.

I can see a big "I told you so" coming.

Tell you what Steve, how about halving the prices for Sheffield Wednesday at home when we've all been paid again? That would be a much better measure.

Archived