IGNORED

Gj On Talksport

Redhyde

Paraphrasing since my touch typing skills aren't great...

Yeah i would say we acclimatised quite well, i wouldn't say we've found it easy. Opposition are more organised and quicker, as long as you progress with it it's fine.

At the start of the year we said we didn't want to be 4th bottom, we wanted to compete. We have a very ambitious group of players who want to go a step further.

I had a discussion with the chairman 2 days ago about transfers. This group of players has done very well, and it's a very good dressing room. It's very important who you bring in, whether you spend £20 million now and risk that it doesn't come off or when you get there. It's a balancing act, you need to keep progressing but we have a very happy dressing room here. If we find someone to enhance the squad and who has the right character we will, but we have a very happy dressing room.

When Lee Trundle came here he was under alot of pressure. He's getting better and is a class act. Because everyone knows his strengths and weaknesses he has to improve too to beat them with his tricks. I love watching him in matches but also in training, we have to find a way of transferring his training form to matches more. He has 3 or so goals but he also has alot of major contributions too.

We want to be at least where we are after xmas and the new year. In a nice position comfortably challenging.

GJ never really says anything different to what we expect him to say, but we still listen intently anyway.

GJ never really says anything different to what we expect him to say, but we still listen intently anyway.

Johnson is a the consumate professional - he says nothing publically that is contraversial,never slags off the opposition or the referee and says nothing that might bring the club into disrepute.He expects and gets the same from his staff and thats the way it should be.

The 'problem' is that his interviews get predictable - just like Danny Wilson before him - and Johnson does his best to lighten interviews with a dose of cockney humour and most of the time he gets away with it.

I'd rather the City manager was like that than like loudmouths like Warnock and Ian Dowie both of whom embarress the club they are employed by imo.

Johnson is a the consumate professional - he says nothing publically that is contraversial,never slags off the opposition or the referee and says nothing that might bring the club into disrepute.He expects and gets the same from his staff and thats the way it should be.

The 'problem' is that his interviews get predictable - just like Danny Wilson before him - and Johnson does his best to lighten interviews with a dose of cockney humour and most of the time he gets away with it.

I'd rather the City manager was like that than like loudmouths like Warnock and Ian Dowie both of whom embarress the club they are employed by imo.

Not bad for a conference manager...

There isn't any other manager that I can think of that I would rather have in charge. I hope GJ is here for a long time to come.

I just feel safe and secure knowing that he is in charge and he will always do what's best for Bristol City. I know if we lose a game then he will fire the lads up to get a result in the next game to make up for it.

Archived