IGNORED

David Noble

BristolCity4Life84

Noble seems to be abit of a talking point at the moment. I think his form has been very disappointing for most of the season. Doesn`t look 100% fit either. Deserves to have been dropped to the bench. When Johnson choose to play him as the link man between midfield and attack i thought yeah that could work, but was real disappointed when it didn`t. He had enough games in that role to make it work. But he`s certainly not finished, and i suspect over the festive period with the games coming thick and fast and with Johnson surely resting a few players, Noble will get another chance to get his place back in the team. He`s the most naturally gifted midfielder we`ve got at the club. Just out of form at the moment.

Noble had such a big impact then he first returned for the Sheffield United game and it gave Trundle a bit of jolt when he had to give way for him.

Then Nobes took a few knocks early on against Southampton - it seemed to me at the time they knew he was the main threat at they went after him and he only made it to half time. He only lasted a few minutes against Stoke and to me he has been strangely subdued for large chunks of the games since Shef U, when he set a high standard for himself.

Fairly sure his only 90 minute game was at Norwich. Is the fitness thing bacause he didn't have a pre-season as such? :dunno:

Most of us agree that Noble is a class act and probably the best footballer at the club but that this season so far his fitness has been lacking.That may be because he never had a pre-season like other players but it may be something to do with the deep-set groin injury he had.Others claim his lifestyle is not compatable with that of a professional athlete - although how they know that has never been explained.

But - whatever the reason for his lack of fitness no-one can deny that when Noble is playing and on form the whole team look a far more threatening outfit.

He is a luxury player; he needs far too much support from his team mates to be as effective as he can be, although when he is at his best he is unplayable. Not since his first season has he looked fully fit and, be this by lifestyle or injury (i don't wish to speculate), it has meant he has failed to pin down a regular string place, which in turn means he can be seen as far from integral to the team.

Clearly has a touch of class (former Prem academy product and all) but despite this does not have the workrate which has been the key to our sucess under GJ. Let's hope he is able to be much more involved in the new year and help furfil his potential, albeit a touch late.

I think Noble has been good this year, but agree his fitness has been poor, doesnt help he has been rushed back a few times from injury.

There have been times in the last few games where i thought we needed him, today again was one of them, there was huge spce for him in "the hole"

I'm not 100% convinced why he hasnt been picked, or at least come on as a sub recently - theres a rumour flying around that Noble's attiude hasn't been right and so thats why johnson hasn't been picking him (we all know what he thinks of players getting to big for their boots)

I'm not sure, just putting the thought out there. Personally I think replacing or getting rid of him in Jan is out of the question...Id send Lee Johnson back to Scotland :fingerscrossed:

I think Noble has been good this year, but agree his fitness has been poor, doesnt help he has been rushed back a few times from injury.

There have been times in the last few games where i thought we needed him, today again was one of them, there was huge spce for him in "the hole"

I'm not 100% convinced why he hasnt been picked, or at least come on as a sub recently - theres a rumour flying around that Noble's attiude hasn't been right and so thats why johnson hasn't been picking him (we all know what he thinks of players getting to big for their boots)

I'm not sure, just putting the thought out there. Personally I think replacing or getting rid of him in Jan is out of the question...Id send Lee Johnson back to Scotland :fingerscrossed:

Oooh.. very controversial about Lee Johnson there :o You`d find alot of City fans who would disagree with you there. Me included.

Noble is a player who i rate highly, but like what has been said by others his fitness ain't the best.

I would bring Noble in for Johnson and drop Johnson to the bench for a couple of games.

I'd like to see this given a go. As mentioned above Noble rarely gives the ball away and I'm fed up of seeing Johnson do it week in week out. Maybe it wont work and Johnson is the better option but we could at least give it a try.

Archived