IGNORED

Reds Everywhere.

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

My youngest daughter plays for Mitcheldean in the Forest of Dean. Up bright and early this morning ( with a slightly muzzy head ) to take her training.

Driving through Coleford , I spot a dude with a City top on . Further up the road towards Berry Hill , I spot another. Then near Brierley theres a car with a City sticker on the back window. In Mitcheldean I chat to 3 other City fans who went yesterday.

Has the F.O.D.R.A. been re-activated ?

Caldicot Red.

Guest eviltaxman

My guess is... Forest Of Dean Ramblers Association ?!?!?!

How about... Fear Of Dead Rovers Assistants... any others?

Les.

There are quite a lot of City fans scattered about in the Forest of Dean, there are 4 of us in my family who attend regular, Lydneyred and Terpin are others, there are a fair number in the 3 towns Cinderford, Lydney and Coleford who watch on a regular basis, when City were in the old first division I think we filled a supporters coach (not very old at the time) or two to all home matches.

The support as died away obviously from it's peak in the seventies, but I regularly see new faces in Lydney town centre wearing the red shirt, the supports out there but the giant needs to wake up from it's deep sleep to claw them back down the gate.

Yesterday, I was out walking my dog in St. Briavels before setting off for the game. I saw a young lad who was passenger in a car wearing a City top. I guess he was off to the game with his dad. So yes FODRA is alive and well in St. Briavels.

PS Errh, what does FODRA stand for again?

Guest Harry May

As Screech says FODRA = Forest of Dean Red Army.

Back in the halycon days , there used to be a coach of City fans at most games from the Forest who called themselves FODRA. If I remember rightly they were a bit handy as well.

Caldicot Red.

Archived