IGNORED

Is This Right What I'm Hearing

Guest barnsley

Guest barnsley

The Referee has been biased to your all afternoon?

Just got in so not heard a lot, but dad got commentary on and commentator just said we been playing v 12 men all afternoon

Just got in so not heard a lot, but dad got commentary on and commentator just said we been playing v 12 men all afternoon

Brilliant!!

He was the worst referee i have EVER had the misfortune of watching!!

He missed blatent fouls on Showunmi and Trundle, then booked McCombe for the silliest little thing!

The referee was nothing short of shocking. How he is a professional referee is beyond me, Stevie Wonder would have done better.

All Barnsley did was foul and dive. The only good thing to do with Barnsley today was their number 15. Best player on the pitch by a mile. And id say possibly the best player i have seen down Ashton gate this year!

, then booked McCombe for the silliest little thing!

Shirt pulling, one of the few bookings I did agree with.

I agree though, he was an appalling referee. You could tell he would be when he gave the first couple of free kicks, which didn't seem to be fouls.

He just couldn't get a grip and Barnsley played a very risky game. Their antics were almost certain to get someone a double yellow, actually, another decision I agree with. Perhaps he was alright, after all, why did we want more than 4 minutes time added on.....?

it was clear from the start the ref wanted everything done 'his way' and it resulted in a scrappy match.

Barnsley certainly didn't help with the niggly direct style they employed throughout.

to blame it on (a very very poor) referee would be typical, when Barnsleys own shortcomings really lead to their defeat.

Frankly the ref was a royal pain for both sides as fouls went unpunished one moment then pulled up the next.

But the Tykes game plan seemed to be based on man marking tight on key players and kicking and pushing relentlessly.

The ref should have shown a yellow a lot earlier than he did, maybe he'd have stood a chance of keeping a grip on things.

It's amazing how many excuses we keep hearing though isn't it? Only Magilton at Ipswich has been gracious to admit that we have been playing well.

Shirt pulling, one of the few bookings I did agree with.

I agree though, he was an appalling referee. You could tell he would be when he gave the first couple of free kicks, which didn't seem to be fouls.

He just couldn't get a grip and Barnsley played a very risky game. Their antics were almost certain to get someone a double yellow, actually, another decision I agree with. Perhaps he was alright, after all, why did we want more than 4 minutes time added on.....?

I'm not complaining now obviously but he stopped play in the 2nd half for around 4 mins and then they had a player stretchered off and the 4th official only signalled 4 minutes. I'm still somewhat baffled by that.

I'm not complaining now obviously but he stopped play in the 2nd half for around 4 mins and then they had a player stretchered off and the 4th official only signalled 4 minutes. I'm still somewhat baffled by that.

Yeah but it always happens.

4 minutes for the stretcher.

Another 2 minutes for the little soap opera where he had to phone a friend.

Another minute for the sent off player pretty much crawling back to the tunnel.

5 subs at 30 seconds each.

Nearly 10 minutes in total.

Not biased at all, your first goal was a result of a blatant push on our right back. Hence the chant of "1-0 to the referee..."

He was an awful referee to be fair for both teams, and he ruined what could of been a good game.

When he had both linesmen with him and was calling practically all 22 players to him individually midway through the second half, I died inside.

To be fair, Barnsley had done their homework - realising that Marv is the driving force of our team, they spent the first 5 minutes kicking chunks out of him. When the ref finally pulled his thumb out of his ar5e and showed a card they switched their game plan to running down the clock for the remaining 85 minutes.

barnsley - you come on here and strike me as a sensible poster - do your team play like this every week? If so, how can your fans be happy with it?

Wasn't close enough to the sending off incident to comment without seeing it again, but to be honest, judging by the fact that the ref got every other decision today wrong, he probably will have got that one wrong too!!

Orr clearly fouled in the build up to their first goal, clear throw in given the wrong way, fouls going unpunished, and a need to stop for a chat with every player at least once every 10 minutes without showing any of them cards - if this ref ever picks up a whistle in this league again it will be a disgrace.

Fantastic result, well done every body at the club, and the fans for turning out - hopefully some POTD fans will have seen enough to persuade them to return.

MR

Their first goal resulted from a push on Brad from behind which the ref let go..

And they would have certainly had more men sent off if he punished Howards constant petulant back chat and lots of terrible fouls on Marv.

Dirtiest, most horrible team ive seen since Swansea a couple of seasons back.

Biased to us would be a stretch!!! Bad referee I would have to agree though.

Did well for 20mins or so, then lost control totally and went from bad to worse - booking silly challenges whilst letting 2 foot lunges go.

Guest barnsley

This sounds like the 1st time we have ever been Dirty

We do give away silly fouls yes i agree with that but they are nothing tackles.

Ive missed 4 games all season (inc today) and every game i have been to we have never been a dirty team, ok we do give away silly fouls but thats like a tug of shirt etc nothing major

I said at the beginning of the week that you would win and i was correct

All the verey best for the rest of the season

Archived