IGNORED

Are Simon Davey And Sky Right?

Guest barnsley

http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page...1196298,00.html

Gillete Soccer said nearly the safe stuff that we should have had 2 penaltys and JCR was never a sending off

WOuld like to know from people who were there if it was right

Thanks Very Much

sorry mate but the antics of your team today were a disgrace, and you got what you deserved, blatant dive i thought so i wouldn't moan too much about the sending off.

Of course it was a sending off. It was a second yellow for diving and it was clear cut. As soon as he went into the area he faked contact and did a superman impression.

Simon Davey should keep his mouth shut after Barnsley's disgraceful display today. They were without doubt the dirtiest bunch of cheats I've seen for many years.

Barnsley's first goal they scored was a direct result of their winger pushing Orr in the back. Pushing, shirt lifting and cynical trips were just about all they seemed to have in their locker.

The other penalty shout was two players appealing for a handball after the ball was struck at a defender who didn't have his arms out. I don't know whether it struck his hand or not but those never get given and the other 8 outfield Barnsley players didn't bat an eyelid.

Davey and his team of scumbags got exactly what they deserved from today's game. Had the referee not been such an attention seeker breaking up play every 10 seconds we'd have won by a greater margin.

It was a nailed on penalty. Could not believe the bloke was sent off. He was past his man and heading for goal. Why dive? And Skuse blatantly handled the ball in the last seconds. He looked as if he'd touched a red hot potato. Ref actually put whistle to mouth but obvioulsy decided that he may as well be consistent and get every big decision wrong.

You deserved a point but hey, that's footie innit?

It always amazes me that managers are quick to make such judgements before having viewed any replay footage. I suppose you could argue that's football and it would be a bit dull without such outbursts (mind you, GJ never seems to have them).

This bit interested me though: "The referee was intimidated by the crowd". The result of having a large crowd perhaps?

It was a nailed on penalty. Could not believe the bloke was sent off. He was past his man and heading for goal. Why dive? And Skuse blatantly handled the ball in the last seconds. He looked as if he'd touched a red hot potato. Ref actually put whistle to mouth but obvioulsy decided that he may as well be consistent and get every big decision wrong.

You deserved a point but hey, that's footie innit?

So who's right, you or Nibor ?

I was in Atyeo so couldn't see.

I agree totally agree with Nibors general comments re. Barnsley & don't think they deserved a point.

Disappointed with us second 1/2 when we lumped it up to Enoch/Trunds with the result that Trunds faded compared to 1st half, when we played it to feet more.

Of course it was a sending off. It was a second yellow for diving and it was clear cut. As soon as he went into the area he faked contact and did a superman impression.

Simon Davey should keep his mouth shut after Barnsley's disgraceful display today. They were without doubt the dirtiest bunch of cheats I've seen for many years.

Barnsley's first goal they scored was a direct result of their winger pushing Orr in the back. Pushing, shirt lifting and cynical trips were just about all they seemed to have in their locker.

The other penalty shout was two players appealing for a handball after the ball was struck at a defender who didn't have his arms out. I don't know whether it struck his hand or not but those never get given and the other 8 outfield Barnsley players didn't bat an eyelid.

Davey and his team of scumbags got exactly what they deserved from today's game. Had the referee not been such an attention seeker breaking up play every 10 seconds we'd have won by a greater margin.

I Agree, having said that they did have a couple of quality players I wouldn't mind seeing us sign. 18 Souza and 15 Anderson were both excellent.

I think Barnsly were pretty shocking today. They definatily are not the fairest team we will see at Ashton Gate this season, and from where I was the decision to send their player off was a good one. It looked a blatent dive from where I was and fair play to the ref for making a big decision like that, as many may have not or may have shyed away.

It always amazes me that managers are quick to make such judgements before having viewed any replay footage. I suppose you could argue that's football and it would be a bit dull without such outbursts (mind you, GJ never seems to have them).

This bit interested me though: "The referee was intimidated by the crowd". The result of having a large crowd perhaps?

He gave many dodgy decisions against us and I thought at times we were playing against 12 men. In the first half we should have had two stone wall penalties. Enoch was pushed to the ground by two players in the area and hen there was a blatant hand ball by a barnsley player.

Ref was a joke today but when I heard before the game he was the ref I expected the game to be spoiled by him.

I Agree, having said that they did have a couple of quality players I wouldn't mind seeing us sign. 18 Souza and 15 Anderson were both excellent.

Anderson's just completed a loan spell with Barnsley and now returns to Everton... Are you watching, Gary? :D

...Mr Hill the ref entered the Christmas spirit by all accounts, running around all day couldnt stop blowing his whistle :redcard: what a festive chap :xmas: ... 38 free kicks (fouls) & dishing out loads of Christmas cards :redcard: .... ;) Whistle Happy or what?? didnt wanna do too much overtime ether, good job we had enough time to get the winner! :winner_third_h4h::)

i had a perfect view from directly behind. he waggled his shoulders lefted his trailing foot and went down like a bag of cement. there was contact but would have had more luck if he had tried to continue then fallen. so in the letter of the law it was "simulation" therefore a yellow. also his petulance on leaving the field particularly to have a go at the 4th official will come back to haunt him in the next few dasy.

I also saw the hand/shoulder ball at the death, right in front of the ref, for a pen to make it 3-3 but he was never going to give that.

You make your luck, so hard times to Barnsley - up the football league we go! In my playing days we learnt that if you moan and gibe at the ref, all the decisions will go against you, luckily we were a lot more disciplined than they were..

red card and the injury to their number 25 plus hoards of yellow cards, Barnsleys season could be over already,,,

I was about 30 feet away. It was a pen.

Agree about cynical Barnsley though. Sometimes you get what you deserve.

Souza was excellent, as was Macken. Quality players.

I was further away but it didn't look like he was impeded at all to me (contact does not mean foul).

Be interesting to see the replay.

Macken and Souza were definitely decent players but also dirty cynical cheats.

I was in the Dolman H, so had a good view of both incidents. The dive, I think was fair, Campbell did not protest and neither did many of his teamates.

As for the penalty shout at the end, it did hit Skuse on the arm, just below the shoulder, but I do think that was a penalty.

However, we deserved that today,. I thought Orr was pushed before the first goal, so I guess things balance themselaves out.

The referee and linesman were a disgrace today.

Anyone notice how every time they got a free-kick they would move the ball forward when the ref wasn't looking?

Twice he noticed and made them move it back but he didn't punish them when they kept doing it, it's not like they were doing it accidentally, they were deliberately breaking the rules.

Anyone notice how every time they got a free-kick they would move the ball forward when the ref wasn't looking?

Twice he noticed and made them move it back but he didn't punish them when they kept doing it, it's not like they were doing it accidentally, they were deliberately breaking the rules.

Barnsley might just take the award as most cynical time-wasters with their own free-kicks. I'm sure they were only nudging the ball forward so the ref would tell them to move the ball back and that process would waste more time.

Seemed like they were doing it when the scores were level as much as when they were ahead, so guess they would have been happy with a point.

And as for that conference between the officials on the pitch. What are we supposed to make of it when no action is taken after all that? A transcript of that conversaion would be hilarious.

All in all it felt like justice when Byfield got the winner in what little stoppage time was played. All the time-wasting didn't work. Try something else next time.

I have to say I thought it was a pen and the first booking Campbell Ryce got still baffles me. I was disappointed with Barnsley apart from the 2 players mentioned earlier. In their defence, I would be happy for City to waste time at every opportunity when drawing at a top 6 club in the hope of holding on to a point.

The ref was abysmal even by the normal standards, very poor indeed. At one point (the sending off and their blokes injury) 30 seconds were played in 6 1/2 minutes (bloke by me in Dolman has a major problem with refs) so adding the subs, where did the foll get 4 minutes from? I was expecting at least 7!

Ah well, a wins a win and Barnsley didn't deserve anything from the game for their cynical attitude!

Happy days!

In their defence, I would be happy for City to waste time at every opportunity when drawing at a top 6 club in the hope of holding on to a point.

I wouldnt and thank **** Johnson doesnt do that.

Thats why they lost today and by us not doing that, we won at Watford.

Thanks for replys

I knew your would win and all credit to you

ALl the best for rest of season

I know you never cause trouble Barnsley and you are always welcome on here as far as I am concerned but I am afraid to say that, today, your cynical, cheating, over-physical bunch of time wasters got EXACTLY what they deserved - absolutely f00k all. The biggest winner today was football.

Archived